Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    So it's a matter of patience and hope then...
    Maybe we'll get an interview with Meg Whitman in the October issue....??
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I just saw, via the newswire, that the new CEO, after not discussing it with the Board, has decided to ditch the whole month thing, saying that calendars are not a viable means of keeping track of the days. She also said that, after not discussing it with her executive team, she's thinking of spinning off clocks too.
    etx, Vistaus and kamaru like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    remember folks, this is managed by HP - a very sharp group of decision makers. They would probably argue that it is NOT actually October yet, so get over it. It's October when they say it's October. ;-)
    lol... it will be October 'in the coming months'.
    Midway99, theomodsim, Dazo and 1 others like this.
    Richard Kerris from Palm said that it is a bit delayed, should come soon
    Quote Originally Posted by apeka53 View Post
    Today is October 3... Anybody seen the October Pivot yet? Is it already released for the UK as well?
    I'm in the UK and I've not seen it yet.
    I was kinda shocked about the lack of a Touchpad in those pictures too. haha
    Maybe I'm going nuts but I could have sworn that I got a new version of Pivot a few days ago but just checked and it is back to the September issue?

I even downloaded a few apps that were highlighted like HP Movie Store. I just checked and the day I signed up for the HP Movie Store was last Wednesday the 28th (confirmation email) so that was the day I was reading the new Pivot. The article about the Movie store had four movie recommendations which was bit misleading because it said "We picked four movies to get you started" and I thought they were free but the were just recommended.

While I don't remember everything there was also a long article about how "Dad" uses his TP, pictures of a guy using his TP with two young daughters, mentioned downloading "Curious George" for them etc.

Maybe there was something wrong with it and they pulled it?
    Quote Originally Posted by apeka53 View Post
    So it's a matter of patience and hope then...
    Maybe we'll get an interview with Meg Whitman in the October issue....??
    on how she loves her new company issued iPhone for business use. Sweet!!!!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Richard Kerris from Palm said that it is a bit delayed, should come soon
    delayed bc they played off the staff that was responsible for pivot??? Those are my thoughts anyways, the Nov edition is probably going to suck, this one maybe half assed as the employees knew they were getting canned?
    Quote Originally Posted by h2o826 View Post
    delayed bc they played off the staff that was responsible for pivot???
    Probably, I mean how difficult can it be to write a single page of text?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    Probably, I mean how difficult can it be to write a single page of text?
    Eh? My September issue is 42 pages...
    fxspec06 and Midway99 like this.
    i hope the pivot team wasn't included in the 500+ layoffs.
    I really like pivot, I hope it continues. It's an excellent way to advertise new apps for the month and get across upcoming news about WebOS.
    I really like pivot, I hope it continues. It's an excellent way to advertise new apps for the month and get across upcoming news about WebOS.
    I always get my WebOS news from Precentral forums.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Pivot is well written
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphoto View Post
    Plus, here's my thing. Anyone who has brains knows that the Touchpad is now in around a million hands. Buyers are hungry for apps...quality ones. If you're a developer that brings a good app to Touchpad, you will make good money and a ton of thank yous and support from our community. On iOS or Android, you might just get lost in a sea of apps.

Smart developers who want to make money should be looking at webOS for the moment.

Just my 2 cents.
    While I don't completely disagree with you, there are a number of devs who would. One dev I emailed appeared disinclined to devote resources to developing for webOS until the smoke clears regarding it's long term prognosis.
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    Were is the new version , and I wonder what free app they will give

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I had read somewhere that the free app was something "sports themed"

not sure why we still haven't see the October update yet ... I can understand the weekend delay
    new issue is coming soon. They said to warm up. :-)
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Try to log in now..... (NOT)

I think we are all hitting the server together. HP probably has a little 1 core DELL server hosting it. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by h2o826 View Post
    delayed bc they played off the staff that was responsible for pivot??? Those are my thoughts anyways, the Nov edition is probably going to suck, this one maybe half assed as the employees knew they were getting canned?
    According to the blog post a couple days ago, the Pivot team is still rockin' & rollin'
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast