1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has already been asked

I live in the UK but was able to load the Kindle App

However, when I am reading a book I see two pages (as if a book is open). I prefer just to see one page with test going right across the screen, not in two columns.

Is this just how this version of Kindle displays text?
    Quote Originally Posted by VanFred View Post

However, when I am reading a book I see two pages (as if a book is open). I prefer just to see one page with test going right across the screen, not in two columns.

Is the app doing this when holding the touchpad in both orientations, or only in landscape? My experience w/the Kindle app is that it loads as two pages/two columns when in landscape, and one page/column when in portrait.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanFred View Post

turn the screen
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply.

When I rotate the Touchpad the screen just goes grey (hence the reason for my question).

After I read the replies I tried again. I have about 10 books loaded and for each one the first time I rotate the screen in just goes grey. However, after a couple of attempts to get the screen to rotate it works!

Not sure the reason, but I know know that I just have to rotate the TP a few times and it will work.

Thanks