Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By RICKV
  1.    #1  
    How about the ability to use your Touchpad as a second display? I'm a heavy dual screen user, however, when on the road with my laptop, I can't carry my second screen... Being ableto leverage the awesome display of the TP would be such a nice feature...

Well Splashtop has an an app for that... But only for the iPad so far.

I have started a thread on their idea request forum. If you feel this would allow you to increase the return on your investment go the following page, signup and either like the idea or add a comment to the thread.

We want X-Display for HP Touchpad : Splashtop XDisplay - Support

Only 7 requests for the Androïd OS so far... Why don't we show splashtop we mean business

Thank's for your support!
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

Seconded. Hopefully it performs better than our current Splashtop does, though, as mouse tracking in Splashtop is very very laggy. My computer has an extra DVI port on it, but it does not take a VGA->DVI adapter, otherwise i'd already have a 4th monitor attached to it, which I would then use for Splashtop. But the mouse tracking speed is just... not good.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    what is the sin of splashtop or x-display if it eats nearly all cpu rescources on the server machine ?
    done. I really want this app too
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    they mentioned yet unannounced future products for touchpad. Out of all their software, this would seem the most logical to bring over
    signed up in their forums and commented. I really want this too.
    Done. Thanks for the 411
    this would be great if they port it over. The touchpad would be a very welcome extra monitor (you can never have too many monitors )
    Done.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  10.    #10  
    Really... That's it!

Can't believe we are only 9 peeps to want to use their TP as a second monitor...

Come on I'm sure we can do better than that !
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

Support my work:

I can't believe some ******bag posted negative crap right on their comments form too

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  12.    #12  
    Me neither... there are 1d10ts everywhere...

Some only have fun in life by negating others... I just don't pay attention to them anymore... usually if they don't get the wanted attention they just leave...

Have not yet heard from Splashtop though... that bothers me more than anything else...
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

Support my work:

they don't respond to anything unless its something barely intelligible that shows they didn't understand the most basic of questions in English.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  14.    #14  
    Just sent them an email... let's see what happens...
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

Support my work:

Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    what is the sin of splashtop or x-display if it eats nearly all cpu rescources on the server machine ?
    I hear ya! I have an old single-core laptop with a dead LCD that seemed like the perfect always-on unit that I could Splashtop into...good thing I tried it with the PC client first! Splashtop alone brought it to its knees!
  16.    #16  
    It barely registers on all 3 devices I run it on... My main work laptop is adual core machine with 4Gb of ram, second is win XP Pro P4 2.4GHz with 512Mb ram and the 3rd device is old P3 1Ghz with 256Mb...
    Something has to be not ok with your setup if it run the pc to it's knees...

HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

Support my work:

I just posted on the thread. I hope SplashTop does it.
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
    I did send this to a rep at splashtop back on Sept 1st:
    Any chance you have a TouchPad version of X-Display in the works too? just think how awesome that would be with a TouchStone and Exhibition mode - Set the TouchPad on the charger, and it could automatically link up to the PC and become a second display... take the TouchPad off the TouchStone, and it reverts to normal use without doing anything. It would be a must-have app.
    I got back "Thanks for the idea! Will keep that in mind."
    Good idea Johnson. Please post in the thread on their support site too

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!