Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    On 8/29, Picsel had announced they'll have Smart Office out within 45 days onto the app store.

Is anyone waiting on it like I am? If they have PDF annotation and better Word processing capabilities...I'm pretty set and may not even need android!
    Link to the announcement?
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

<-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    has it been 45 days yet?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    i got email from picsel 10 days ago saying they're definitely going ahead with it and that it will be released "in the coming weeks."

here's hoping -- with it and some slight improvements in the onscreen keyboard (delete key, arrow keys, key combinations to allow precise selection of text, home, end) and i'd need to lug the notebook no more. presuming it is not the abomination quickoffice turned out to be.
    any news on this? eagerly waiting
    I got a response from the Picsel team today, hope it will be here soon!!!!

We have been working hard on this, and are nearly ready to release a first version. Depending on approval from HP, it should be listed in the App Catalog in a week or two.

It will include even more features than were shown in the video demo on YouTube. We have support for viewing and editing Word, Excel and PowerPoint (the only product on WebOS with that level of support); and for viewing PDF and images.

It can send email messages, open password protected PDFs, run a PowerPoint slide show, load and save files, and many other standard features.

We then plan to upgrade it further and release a new version in a number of weeks. This will be a free upgrade to customers.

Best regards,
    Roger
    Picsel product support
    thank you so much, I am eagerly wating for this and the zinio app, I had the pleasure to use picsel browser on a clie and was extremely impressed by it (this was long long ago) I will be definitively buying your app and hope others will too.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Niben View Post

We have been working hard on this, and are nearly ready to release a first version. Depending on approval from HP, it should be listed in the App Catalog in a week or two.

It will include even more features than were shown in the video demo on YouTube. We have support for viewing and editing Word, Excel and PowerPoint (the only product on WebOS with that level of support); and for viewing PDF and images.

It can send email messages, open password protected PDFs, run a PowerPoint slide show, load and save files, and many other standard features.

We then plan to upgrade it further and release a new version in a number of weeks. This will be a free upgrade to customers.

Best regards,
    Roger
    Picsel product support
    If they have it in the app store before QuickOffice is updated, I'll buy it.
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Niben View Post

Best regards,
    Roger
    Picsel product support
    Today is day 45. Funny -- I emailed them today too. Guess you beat me to it!
    makes me wonder whether the delay is actually HP being slow in putting it on the app market, given that they're already so slow in updating Pivot
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    If they have it in the app store before QuickOffice is updated, I'll buy it.
    I'm buying Picsel anyway. QuickOffice burned the bridge with me when they didn't support earlier webOS versions. Then they released the crippled version for the TouchPad late.
    They just tweeted this a few minutes ago..

Twitter
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by felixdd View Post
    Today is day 45. Funny -- I emailed them today too. Guess you beat me to it!
    makes me wonder whether the delay is actually HP being slow in putting it on the app market, given that they're already so slow in updating Pivot
    It seems to me that Dev Relations pushes the big apps ASAP... I could be wrong, but I personally don't believe everything is processed as "first in, first out".
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Let's hope the app will be release soon, I have been waiting for Zinio since announced on the forums and still nothing , they're trying my patience to the limit!!!
    waiting for... PICSEL, hope the app got submitted to HP this week and they are approving it soon.
    It will be here on the 24th!!!

Picsel UK brings SmartOffice
    EI!!!!! "FOR TOUCHPAD"??????????????????????????

Yes, I really have only one think in my head: the webOS 2.X have no father nor mother!!

Everything is released and updated for 3.X, and NOTHING for 2.X (and; yes, I avoid comment about 1.X! ).

Where is the 2.2 or 3.0 for phones?

Best Regards... B)
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Has there been any talk about smartoffice for other webOS devices...or should I say, earlier versions of webOS? I'll bet they would really increase sales of Smartoffice if it was available for Pre2's and 3's...Veers, and, dare I dream...Pre+.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast