Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    So QuickOffice did get updated... have to check if it still fails to save sometimes.

Though if Picsel made a PDF reader that has decent navigation tools and supports embedded bookmarks and search, that might be enough to justify getting it anyway.
    According to webOS roundup (does Precentral break news anymore?) they plan to release a version for phones as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    According to webOS roundup (does Precentral break news anymore?) they plan to release a version for phones as well.
    If so, and webOS 1.x isn't included, I'll be pushing my Pre+ into the 2.x world!

BTW, I think Smartoffice will also have editing (and slideshow play) for Powerpoint...bonus as I don't think Quickoffice has this. Now, if only there is a way to send the image of the TP or Phone to a projector....
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Oh, yes? Well, the QuickOffice "plan to release a version for phones" too...

Those living in promisses are political...

I'm feeling back to Palm OS, with Palm promissing Wifi to Treos with Palm OS...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

Via facebook,

Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    So QuickOffice did get updated... have to check if it still fails to save sometimes.

Though if Picsel made a PDF reader that has decent navigation tools and supports embedded bookmarks and search, that might be enough to justify getting it anyway.
    I tested "Quick Office" last night.
    Works fine for me.
    I can easily open, edit, and save Word files between QuickOffice on my TouchPad to my Box.net, DropBoxify, and Google Docs "cloud" accounts.

Great fix devs. webOS Rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    I tested "Quick Office" last night.
    Works fine for me.
    I can easily open, edit, and save Word files between QuickOffice on my TouchPad to my Box.net, DropBoxify, and Google Docs "cloud" accounts.

Great fix devs. webOS Rocks!
    Does Quickoffice edit and show Powerpoint files? I think Smartoffice can.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Does Quickoffice edit and show Powerpoint files? I think Smartoffice can.
    Quick Office allows viewing of PowerPoint but no editing yet.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post

can confirm that saving works great since the new update with QuickOffice on the Touchpad..formatting of word docs greatly improved too
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    does it have its own PDF reader? (not the crappy Adobe Reader that came with Touchpads)

if so, I'd gladly pay $20 for it.
    I will buy ASAP
  12.    #32  
    i thougt i posted a reply but it didnt take. stupid touchpad

anyways, this is great news! i got this email from picsel a few days ago too. they also said theyll release an update a few weeks after the initial release. my only wish list at this point is the ability to annotate pdf. if we all write them, maybe theyll add it in their update?
    Quote Originally Posted by felixdd View Post
    i thougt i posted a reply but it didnt take. stupid touchpad

anyways, this is great news! i got this email from picsel a few days ago too. they also said theyll release an update a few weeks after the initial release. my only wish list at this point is the ability to annotate pdf. if we all write them, maybe theyll add it in their update?
    so they confirmed that it will have its own PDF reader? (not using the Adobe Reader
    like QuickOffice does)
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    so they confirmed that it will have its own PDF reader? (not using the Adobe Reader
    like QuickOffice does)
    It has the ability to edit PDF's so it is using something different.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Volcom45 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    It has the ability to edit PDF's so it is using something different.
    Thanks! Can't wait until Monday...

On the other hand, I wonder if HP will offer Picsel app as a free promo in the next
    couple of weeks... I don't want to end up paying $10 on Monday only to get
    a promo code email on Tuesaday.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    like QuickOffice does)
    I don't think that feature has ever been advertised
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I downloaded SmartOffice last night and began using it right away. I DID read through, though not thoroughly, the help files, but I quickly sent a few questions to the Support people at Picsel because:

I saw no way to double space the lines in a document. (Did I just miss that?)

I could not see the bottom-of-the-page ribbon that is described in the help files. This includes the "scrapbook." Didn't see this at all! Perhaps the formatting options in the bottom ribbon will allow double spacing and other things?

Finally...and this is annoying but perhaps unavoidable...I found that the arrow keys on my iPad folio/BT keyboard did NOT work in SmartOffice. They work in every other app that I need them, so I'm curious about this.

I did a lot of writing last night using SmartOffice, and it IS much better than QuickOffice, but the things I've mentioned above ARE annoying!

Anyone have similar experiences...or fixes?

Thanks,

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mlynch53 View Post
    I downloaded SmartOffice last night and began using it right away. I DID read through, though not thoroughly, the help files, but I quickly sent a few questions to the Support people at Picsel because:

I saw no way to double space the lines in a document. (Did I just miss that?)

I could not see the bottom-of-the-page ribbon that is described in the help files. This includes the "scrapbook." Didn't see this at all! Perhaps the formatting options in the bottom ribbon will allow double spacing and other things?

Finally...and this is annoying but perhaps unavoidable...I found that the arrow keys on my iPad folio/BT keyboard did NOT work in SmartOffice. They work in every other app that I need them, so I'm curious about this.

I did a lot of writing last night using SmartOffice, and it IS much better than QuickOffice, but the things I've mentioned above ARE annoying!

Anyone have similar experiences...or fixes?

Thanks,

Mike
    copied your post into this thread nice review.

http://forums.precentral.net/native-...ml#post3225684
    ill be happy if just the keyboard navigation via arrow keys works.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12