Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone ever accidentally clicked "Purchase" instead of "Use Promo Code" ???
    Can you get chaged for the app?
  2. #2  
    Sure why wouldn't you?
  3. #3  
    nope, it's close by there and I get anxious, but I've never done that. I wonder if someone could make another skin for that?
  4. #4  
    I have. I quickly minimized and tossed the card away. Went back to the catalog and used the promo code.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    shanpalm61 likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I have. I quickly minimized and tossed the card away. Went back to the catalog and used the promo code.
    HP is handing out the free promo codes almost on a regular basis. Surely there are
    quite a few people who made this mistake and end up paying for it. Probably no
    biggie when the app is 99 cents... but the last round of free codes were for $4.99
    apps. I sure wouldn't be too happy about that.

    IMHO, HP should change that last pop-up with "Purcahse/Use Promo Code/Cancel"
    options...

    Without the promo codes, very few people will end up on the "Purchase" page
    unless they are about to actually buy apps. (at least in my case, I set it to
    ask for my password for every transaction)
    shanpalm61 likes this.
  6. #6  
    Once. I was soo ... peeved. I had a code ready to enter and copied onto the clipboard. It took me a while to get it on the clipboard and I was rushing to paste it that I just clicked "Purchase" instead. Poof! There went my chance to use a promo code.
  7. #7  
    Yep, just did. Dunno why, but I was being strangely optimistic wondered in the promo code for 'Animate Pro' would work in Australia, I pressed 'purchase' instead. I tried to flick the card off, but it was too quick, the app had already installed. Unfortunately, I don't like the app too much,but it was only a dollar fifty.
  8. #8  
    In my case, I've only seen 3 codes put out for Canada, and I already owned 2/3 (Glimpse is my only freebie, compliments of HP). I've pretty much given up on codes. I work nights and they're either taken already, or US only.

    At the end of the day, I paid full price and was happy, got my $405 back, and it doesn't bother me too much. I have more important things that stress me out.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    In my case, I've only seen 3 codes put out for Canada, and I already owned 2/3 (Glimpse is my only freebie, compliments of HP). I've pretty much given up on codes. I work nights and they're either taken already, or US only.

    At the end of the day, I paid full price and was happy, got my $405 back, and it doesn't bother me too much. I have more important things that stress me out.
    how did sledge007 got is 405$ refund. Where do you buy it? I bought mine in staple (bureau en gros, quebec, canada) but still fighting to get a refund, ibought my tp at end of july..
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I have. I quickly minimized and tossed the card away. Went back to the catalog and used the promo code.
    Unfortunately that option never occurred to me but thanks for the tip if it happens again.

    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    In my case, I've only seen 3 codes put out for Canada, and I already owned 2/3 (Glimpse is my only freebie, compliments of HP).
    I missed glimpse and tried to buy it on the 80% off sale for $.99 but got charged $5. Some days you can't win for losing,
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I have. I quickly minimized and tossed the card away. Went back to the catalog and used the promo code.
    Weird, Ionce made the mistake (hitting purchase instead of promo code, and the purchase started up), and tried to minimize and throw the card away. When I went back into the catalog, the purchase was in the same place of the status bar, and the purchase went through. I don't know if shutting the TP all the way down and then re-starting would have made a difference.

    When you buy an app from the Android Market (or perhaps I am confusing that with buying books on Kindle... in either instance...) it prompts you whether made the purchase in error... which seems like a good last chance to confirm your purchase. Unfortunately the HP store doesn't offer such a confirm. So the lesson learned is to make sure you hit the right button.
  12. #12  
    Yes. I did it when downloading nDrive. I thought that since I had already activated the promo code once, and the credit had been deposited into my Palm Profile, that I would be able to draw against it like Amazon. Called HP to no avail. Expensive lesson.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by fellowman39047 View Post
    Yes. I did it when downloading nDrive. I thought that since I had already activated the promo code once, and the credit had been deposited into my Palm Profile, that I would be able to draw against it like Amazon. Called HP to no avail. Expensive lesson.
    Isn't that a $30 app? Expensive lesson indeed....
  14. tp2386's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by fellowman39047 View Post
    Yes. I did it when downloading nDrive. I thought that since I had already activated the promo code once, and the credit had been deposited into my Palm Profile, that I would be able to draw against it like Amazon. Called HP to no avail. Expensive lesson.
    Ouch! I have never done it, but now seeing this thread, I will be very careful.
  15. #15  
    OMG, you had to pay for something
    Shifty, shanpalm61 and Soorma like this.
  16. Semma2's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #16  
    I was a bit paranoid about purchasing accidentally the first time I used a promo code, but it went fine. The first time I actually purchased an app intentionally I was happy that to see that it asked me to confirm that I wanted to go ahead with the purchase. But the next time I purchased an app I only got the Purchase/Use Promo Code screen and no confirmation after I clicked Purchase. I would be much happier if it asked me to confirm once more, like it did the first time. It's all too easy to click the wrong button on a touch screen when they are so close together.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    OMG, you had to pay for something
    Hah. I've paid for stuff, but would be nice to do so only when I intend to.
  18. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Has anyone ever accidentally clicked "Purchase" instead of "Use Promo Code" ???
    Can you get chaged for the app?
    in some ways I really hope you actually did this, in another thread you started you admitted wasting promo codes on apps you admit you won't use , all i can say, karma's a **tch


    (mods delete if you think this was un necessary, but read his other thread 1st)
    Last edited by sjjones; 10/02/2011 at 08:11 AM.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    in some ways I really hope you actually did this, in another thread you started you admitted wasting promo codes on apps you admit you won't use , all i can say, karma's a **tch


    (mods delete if you think this was un necessary, but read his other thread 1st)
    that's precisely why my webOS acct is linked to a prepaid Visa card which currently only
    has a $0.63 available balance.
  20. #20  
    that's precisely why my webOS acct is linked to a prepaid Visa card which currently only
    has a $0.63 available balance.
    Way to support the devs


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    shanpalm61 and Soorma like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions