Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By jdod
  • 1 Post By patchs
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else think MLB At Bat 11 is the most useless app right now?

It was definitely not worth the $4.99 price tag yesterday.

Oh wait... I paid with a promo code... but still....
    Buy "This app Does Nothing" it's now on un-sale for the low price of $50.

Then go back to your MLB app and see how useless it is.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ę about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Grabber5.0 and Vistaus like this.
    You got it for free.. And now you can watch the Tigers sit on rain delay on their way to hopefully winning it all.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    fxspec06 likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    You got it for free.. And now you can watch the Tigers sit on rain delay on their way to hopefully winning it all.

hmmmm... I must have missed something... after I opened the app, there's no video
    to be found anywhere...(after I spent the last 5 minutes look)
    Well ok you can't watch the game directly but you can get the audio feed for it, and watch the gameday stuff. During a big game a couple of weeks ago that I didn't have a tv around for, I had at bat playing the audio and the regular flash player up in the web browser playing the game day stuff.. Was pretty nice.. Except that gameplay was always an out ahead of the radio broadcast

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I agree its not that great an app, no video, this is one of those apps I wish I could sell in a sanctioned re-sell location in the app catalog.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Touchpaddle likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Well ok you can't watch the game directly but you can get the audio feed for it, and watch the gameday stuff. During a big game a couple of weeks ago that I didn't have a tv around for, I had at bat playing the audio and the regular flash player up in the web browser playing the game day stuff.. Was pretty nice.. Except that gameplay was always an out ahead of the radio broadcast

wow.... so it basically just carries the radio portion of the games....

I never listen to baseball on the radio(at home or in the car)... it's feels like
    watching <mod edit> while being blindfolded. no... wait... more like having to listen
    to your friend brag about the hot lady he went out last night...
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/01/2011 at 01:58 AM. Reason: language
    Lol.. Well maybe some of you grew up in a time or place where every game was on tv . . But where I'm from was 2 hours drive to tiger stadium and the local tv channels only carried a handful of the games, usually only when they were on national tv, which wasn't very darn often except for mid 1984 to mid 1986 or so. I love listening to games . . Hell my tv isn't even visible from my computer so I listen to them even when they are on tv

But yeah it is a little useless for most mow that the season is over unless you have a horse in the post season
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    OH, i just discovered that you can start the gameday Audio from the headphones-icon popup, and once it starts, if you tap outside of that box, it will continue playing the audio, and then you can load up the Gameday display all right in the app! neat. (although radio is usually a little faster than the gameday)
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I'm wondering whether there will be a 2012 update. I'm still using thks for baseball news, but am concerned that it's not showing the schedule anymore. Also, no news in the feed for the past few days. This is disconcerting!
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    I'm wondering whether there will be a 2012 update. I'm still using thks for baseball news, but am concerned that it's not showing the schedule anymore. Also, no news in the feed for the past few days. This is disconcerting!
    Doubt it. It's not listed on the At Bat site: MLB.com At Bat 12 | MLB.com: Mobile
    And not even a contact link to express our displeasure with that.

No PlayBook, no webOS. Screw them.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Annoying - how hard would it be?
    Considering how basic the app was last year, missing most of the iOS version's features, you're not really missing out too much. As much as I hate to say it, I'd advise an Android dual-boot for stuff like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    hmmmm... I must have missed something... after I opened the app, there's no video
    to be found anywhere...(after I spent the last 5 minutes look)
    Watch the Tigers? I'd rather be stuck in an elevator with no power than do that!

Now if they're playing the Angel's, I could handle it ... MLB At Bat 11 is a joke, MLB TV works just fine for me.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Booo angel's!

Go DODGERS! (yay new ownership!!!)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Booo angel's!

Go DODGERS! (yay new ownership!!!)
    Magic Johnson? Well sort of...
    Aye just happy to be getting out from under McCourt
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    you can watch Yahoo's MLB full count and see live look ins, it isn't at bat but its still nice to be able to watch live baseball on the touchpad.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.