Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I don't see how you guys don't get in on this. I'm from the US and every time I get the email, the codes work for me. Granted, this time I missed the email by 3 hours and still got the apps I wanted.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    You and me both, and many others. I don't think anybody really knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewulf70 View Post
    fwiw here is a link from someone who replied to me on a different forum...
    i already used this page to sign up a few weeks back - but nothing - go ahead an try...

Palm.com : Newsletter Signup
    Thanks, but already did that and got nothing.
    I signed up for the e-mails at least a week ago, but I'm not getting them. I got home an hour after it was posted on Slickdeals, and they were all gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewulf70 View Post
    i have, do and will.
    it does not mean however that i should not try to get a free app once in a while
    i was just commenting to all, free stuff is great but certain apps e.g. Splashtop, are worth the money. We all got a good cheap tablet, let's stop being scrooges and keep expecting stuff for near nothing. Let's pay the money on the apps, let's support the platform, let's all go to the pub ... ahh hold on that one was for me
    People need to stop posting these things on slickdeals!

As for the email notice, I've also signed up but never received these emails.
    semprini likes this.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    i was just commenting to all, free stuff is great but certain apps e.g. Splashtop, are worth the money. We all got a good cheap tablet, let's stop being scrooges and keep expecting stuff for near nothing. Let's pay the money on the apps, let's support the platform, let's all go to the pub ... ahh hold on that one was for me
    From what I've heard the devs are compensated, that's the difference between hp emails and the pirate bay I still haven't got a single app...
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    No Go from Aus either!

Grab the file & email it?
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/30/2011 at 01:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by el_tufo10 View Post
    App-tastic promo

We want you to experience the best of webOS. Hurry; get the following four apps at no cost using the promo codes below.

At Bat 11
    Play. In time for the playoffs. MLB.com At Bat 11, the award-winning application, is live baseball every pitch from every at bat.
    Promo code: zuelu59942ykvad

Pack 'n' Track
    Track. Pack n' Track is a shipment tracking application that supports FedEx, UPS, USPS, and DHL.
    Promo code: ozpxt62318rfylo

Animate Pro!
    Create. Animate Pro! gives you the power to create, save, share and enjoy your own animations. We provide the canvas, you provide the imagination!
    Promo code: fwkil75866icgev

Splashtop Remote Desktop HD
    Control. The highest performance remote access app bringing your entire computer to your phone or tablet, featuring full video and audio support!
    Promo code: wulax11125hhtaw
    damnit my touchpad doesnt work yet!!!
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    I just tried => used up so soon?
    Why promo codes are almost everytime only for US?

There are other webOS supporter outside the US!!!

Alain from Canada
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    philliprobert likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by el_tufo10 View Post
    App-tastic promo

We want you to experience the best of webOS. Hurry; get the following four apps at no cost using the promo codes below.

At Bat 11
    Play. In time for the playoffs. MLB.com At Bat 11, the award-winning application, is live baseball every pitch from every at bat.
    Promo code: zuelu59942ykvad

Pack 'n' Track
    Track. Pack n' Track is a shipment tracking application that supports FedEx, UPS, USPS, and DHL.
    Promo code: ozpxt62318rfylo

Animate Pro!
    Create. Animate Pro! gives you the power to create, save, share and enjoy your own animations. We provide the canvas, you provide the imagination!
    Promo code: fwkil75866icgev

Splashtop Remote Desktop HD
    Control. The highest performance remote access app bringing your entire computer to your phone or tablet, featuring full video and audio support!
    Promo code: wulax11125hhtaw
    Tried to get but the three I tried were exhausted. Bummer.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    People need to stop posting these things on slickdeals!

As for the email notice, I've also signed up but never received these emails.
    Well it would be nice if the "media" wasn't alerted, so to speak, about these promo codes. But I don't know how you'd stop it. This last round of coupons weren't just posted at slickdeals. I did a little google research and this round of promo codes were also posted on at least fatwallet, hunt4freebies, dealighted, the-digital-reader, dealspl.us, dealitem, anandtech, dealfanand, and more that I didn't find with google. And here of course.

Even if it wasn't posted on slickdeals what about all the others? Just have to try and get them while that last. Maybe those of us not getting the HP emails can take advantage of the alterts from those sites, if you can't fight 'em, join 'em?
    Why would they stop posting it on slickdeals??? what makes you so special... we all have Touchpads and are all entitled to benefit from the free apps... You were slow... get over it, i have missed plenty of promotions ... its part of the game
    The problem with slickdeals is it seems people there just take freebies to take them wether they will use them or not. I guess that happens elsewhere but not to such a large extent.

I used the code for the MLB app but not others because I already have one and won't use the other two. If more people especially slickdeals would take the same attitude towards the codes many more people would get at least one. I already see that here, but not on slickdeals.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    The problem with slickdeals is it seems people there just take freebies to take them wether they will use them or not. I guess that happens elsewhere but not to such a large extent.

I used the code for the MLB app but not others because I already have one and won't use the other two. If more people especially slickdeals would take the same attitude towards the codes many more people would get at least one. I already see that here, but not on slickdeals.
    Again, it's not just slickdeals, folks here do the same. See the post here yesterday "HP promo codes got me $53 of free apps, but I only use one of them.". You just admitted to doing it to. Guess it's human nature to get the freebie and sort out the bodies later. Unless you've already done your research and know if you want it or not, it's difficult to go research it when the deal comes up and you know the clock is ticking. If you find out early enough there should be time but it goes against human nature. I mean who's going to know if you grab an app with a code and don't use the app? Nobody unless you fess up, and from that thread yesterday we saw what happens when someone admits that publicly, they get beat up for it,

What rubs me the wrong way, and it happens here, on slickdeals, and probably the other deal sites I mentioned above, are those who get the promo codes, use them, then immediately post "this product sucks", the sort of behavior that would occur much less if one could get punched out over the Internet,
    Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    Why promo codes are almost everytime only for US?

There are other webOS supporter outside the US!!!

Alain from Canada
    Agreed.. same for Australia!
    I have asked the Splashtop crew to prompt HP about this.. and they said they would.
    USA-centric Corporatism!
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Again, it's not just slickdeals, folks here do the same. You just admitted to doing it to.
    No, I didn't. I said I took one app and left the other three. I could care less about an app to track programs when there are free apps on my phone to do it. The animation thing doesn't appeal to me. I already have Splashtop. I will use the MLB app so I took it. Not a hard concept IMHO.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    No, I didn't. I said I took one app and left the other three. I could care less about an app to track programs when there are free apps on my phone to do it. The animation thing doesn't appeal to me. I already have Splashtop. I will use the MLB app so I took it. Not a hard concept IMHO.
    My bad, I stand corrected. That's what I get for trying to read stuff faster than my brain can process. So if more folks acted like you there'd be more coupons to go around.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxigor View Post
    Why would they stop posting it on slickdeals??? what makes you so special... we all have Touchpads and are all entitled to benefit from the free apps... You were slow... get over it, i have missed plenty of promotions ... its part of the game
    Who said that I'm special? I just think it should stay within the webOS supporter community, you know here or over at webOSroundup. How many of those people pulling these promo codes off slickdeals, fatwallet, anandtech, etc. are people that actually care about webOS and how many are people that are going to install Android over it as soon as it reaches a functionally stable release?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Who said that I'm special? I just think it should stay within the webOS supporter community, you know here or over at webOSroundup. How many of those people pulling these promo codes off slickdeals, fatwallet, anandtech, etc. are people that actually care about webOS and how many are people that are going to install Android over it as soon as it reaches a functionally stable release?
    Well, they're all WebOS owners or couldn't use the codes right, who all in theory should be getting the promo code notifications from HP but aren't, like me. Just sayin.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast