1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have recently got a Touchpad and am still learning the system, however I was very suprised to find that the email browser is currently displaying my Hotmail account as text only.

Is there a way to set it up so that images are displayed correctly?

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoogie1 View Post
    Hi,

I have recently got a Touchpad and am still learning the system, however I was very suprised to find that the email browser is currently displaying my Hotmail account as text only.

Is there a way to set it up so that images are displayed correctly?

Thanks
    Hi All,

Sorry to bump this but I am have searched the web and can find no answer, surely the email client can support images etc in emails? I mean my iPhone can do this so surely a tablet should?

To be honest if this isn't supported it may mean that I sell my TouchPad as email is the main thing I am using it for.

Thanks for any advice
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Html formatted email loos fin in my Hotmail account. I'm using a TP 32Gb

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Html formatted email loos fin in my Hotmail account. I'm using a TP 32Gb

I mean 'looks fine'. Bad typos.

I have had my TP for about 5 weeks now and have Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, Gmail and Verizon webmail all synced to my TP. All come up with HTML images with no problem. Not sure what is going on with your TP.
    @OP, my guess is you have hotmail setup as exchange, the no html is part of the EAS version hotmail is currently using
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    @OP, my guess is you have hotmail setup as exchange, the no html is part of the EAS version hotmail is currently using
    I figured this out the first day I got the TP, is there any patch or fix for this?

edit: on my desktop i have it setup as pop3 but then i have it set to check it automatically at certain periods and then i get html but not as realtime as exchange. so is there a way to have the TP check pop3 at regular intervals? that would solve this problem
    Haven't seen a patch for this yet, there was a lot of people asking back in August. Can honestly say I haven't looked though as I don't really use hotmail any more, so I can't answer your POP3 question either.

Back 2 years ago (before hotmail was doing exchange), we switched over to gmail, gmail pulls what's left going to our hotmail accounts, then g-mail IMAP to our webOS devices. So I have never setup a POP3 on a webOS device.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Just manually enter the server settings as a pop3 account man. Just dont set it up as exchange.
  10.    #10  
    Sorry guys this may be stupid of me but how do I just set it up as POP3?

Do I select "Email Account" from the "Add account" screen? And if so what manual settings do I add?

Also does POP3 support Push so I see emails coming in?

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    You don't see Hotmail folders if you set it up as Pop3, do you?

-X
  12.    #12  
    So it sounds like the answer is to migrate to GMail then, something I have put off doing for years...

it does seem odd though as my hotmail account is setup using exchange on my iphone and those emails all come through fine with images.
    iPhone e-mail app is programmed to ignore the default EAS settings.

Basically by microsoft standards, the version of EAS being used by hotmail (can't believe microsoft hasn't updated their own e-mail service) does not support HTML e-mail. Newer versions of EAS let the exchange server admin choose if they want to enable HTML e-mail. The iPhone is programmed to ignore these EAS standards (don't know the specifics beyong this) and still accept the e-mail as HTML.

As far as the gmail migration, yeah I put it off for years, finally did it for the push e-mail support and now the wife and I both have 2 accounts each plus a shared account, we have migrated all contacts and calendar use to google as well. Have also been using google docs for a while for memos on my webOS phones too.

The transition of setting everything up in g-mail took a lil while (using labels instead of folders for example). But there are some really cool features once you get used to it, the calendar is great too.