1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to get the directv2pc program to work while using splashtop on their touchpad? Directv2pc loads fine and you can start the show but all you get is audio and no video. If I could get this to work it means I can basically take my directv wherever my TP goes.. SICK!!!!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Does Directv2pc work on the laptop but not through Splashtop? Are you using Windows 7? In the Directv forums they mention that the program won't work using Windows 7 Aero theme you need use the Windows Basic 7 theme.
    Yeah I ran into that Aero theme issue myself
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I'm having problems too. I can open the program through splashtop and access my content, but when I try to play something i get a message about the audio and it crashes.

Hopefully we can find a fix for this.
    Sadly, the whole purpose of directv2pc is to disable any viewer other than your monitor so that Directv can prevent any form of piracy. I'm sure there is a hack out there that can bypass this security feature and emulate your monitor on a remote tablet using Splashtop HD.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavejon View Post
    Does Directv2pc work on the laptop but not through Splashtop? Are you using Windows 7? In the Directv forums they mention that the program won't work using Windows 7 Aero theme you need use the Windows Basic 7 theme.
    It works fine on my laptop using windwos 7. I have to check my theme
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MILI4ELOY View Post
    Sadly, the whole purpose of directv2pc is to disable any viewer other than your monitor so that Directv can prevent any form of piracy. I'm sure there is a hack out there that can bypass this security feature and emulate your monitor on a remote tablet using Splashtop HD.
    ahh, makes sense why the audio is there but no video.. someone must know how to fix this...
    works fine on my windows 7 pc here in the UK.
    My Splashtop can't connect to my computer, even on the same network.

Also for whatever reason it won't log into my google account.

Any ideas?
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    My Splashtop can't connect to my computer, even on the same network.

Also for whatever reason it won't log into my google account.

Any ideas?
    I'm in the same boat. Am trying to get some answers from them and from the forums.
  11.    #11  
    dont hijack my thread!!!! this is for Splashtop and Directv2PC only!!!
    I messed around with this this as well and had the same results - no video (even though I could see it on my computer monitor.)

Being able to use my TP as a DVR viewing device would be huge!
    I tested and I'm getting the same issue as everyone here
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?