1.    #1  
    manual entry of setting of 802.1x wifi networks BEFORE username and password login. period.

HP needs to learn something from android and ios about network connections... My android phone and previous iphone connected fine to my university wifi but not the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman43 View Post
    manual entry of setting of 802.1x wifi networks BEFORE username and password login. period.
    Sorry, I don't get it, what difference does it make what order this is in? Maybe it's obvious but I'm not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman43 View Post
    HP needs to learn something from android and ios about network connections... My android phone and previous iphone connected fine to my university wifi but not the touchpad.
    What failure symptoms are you seeing?
  3.    #3  
    This is my university wifi configuration:
    EAP method: TTLS
    Phase 2 authentication: PAP
    CA certificate: Leave on N/A
    Client certificate: Leave on N/A
    Private key password: Access Account Password
    Identity: Access Account ID (Ex. abc123)
    Anonymous Identity: Access Account ID (Ex. abc123)
    Wireless password: Access Account Password.

Touchpad just asks for username and password and does not connect when I put the username and password.
    OK, thanks for the explanation. I don't think they touchpad wireless configuration supports any additional configuration except for a static IP anyway so wouldn't wouldn't be any help even if you could get there. What is really needed is the ability to set up a profile manually and set all the variables one usually can set with a wireless client, not the "wireless for dummies" version we have now. I can find no way to configure anything else as it is.