Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    My girlfriend wanted a cheap new phone, so we got her a pixie plus brand new off ebay. She only wants 3 things to work: email (check), phone(check) and facebook (not check)

I updated WebOS to the latest 1.4.5 available for the pixie plus and then installed the latest facebook 1.5.62 on it: newsfeeds don't work (which is 90% of what you use in the app ...)

Also tried 1.4.0 and 1.5.0 - same result. Anybody running a pixie plus out there with working facebook? What version?

Not having facebook would be a deal breaker - I'd return the phone for a refund. It would be a shame because she likes the form factor (having loved the Palm 500v) and webOS.

Thanks,
    Michael
    new version of it working fine go to device info, reset options , erase apps and data worked for me.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Well - it seems that some thing miraculously get cured by just doing ... nothing. Stayed up to 1:30 yesterday installing - reinstalling - uninstalling - reinstalling - rebooting etc ... nothing worked.

Today in the morning fired up the 1.5.62 facebook app and ... IT JUST WORKED!

I don't know why or how, but I guess it is just good enough.

On a related note: Setting up webos 1.4.5 for a SIM which is not in one of the supported countries is a nightmare. You should not have to handpatch stuff to get a phone that will make calls. (bypass activation - patch FirstUse for german phone - create new palm profile - ... ) And then find out that not even with impostah can you get the app catalog to even give you free apps. I had to hunt down the ipks and install them manually. Not nice. WebOS 2.0 is much better in this regard.