1.    #1  
    One of the big things that I wanted to use a tablet for was for my recipes so that I didn't have to lug my laptop into the kitchen or try to read on my phone, however, there doesn't seem to be a good one for the Touchpad.

There's a few on there that I grabbed the free version or trial, but unfortunately, they either don't let you put your own recipes in or were intended for - and display as - a phone. iCookbook is the only one that I've found that might fit, but it's pay-only with not so great reviews and no trial.

It'd be great if someone was able to make a light-weight, simple recipe program for custom recipes.
    I haven't used Quick Office at all, but maybe that's a solution to enter your own concoctions. I really like Epicurious though....30,000+ recipes from hot dogs to chateaux brained.

if you already have them made up, consider SplashTop, and remote view them on your TouchPad.
    You know all the websites like www.cookinglight.com and www.foodnetwork.com work perfectly...no app needed. YouTube has lots of cooking vids also.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  4.    #4  
    The simple thing is that I'd like something on the tablet itself. I understand that I can connect remotely to things, but if we're wishing for new apps, I'd like to see something that can store my recipes on the device without having to have a wireless connection in order to use.
    If My Databank was not designed for a phone, it might be usable for recipes.
    As it is, it is worthless on a tab, IMO.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, nunja, I've been running into that a lot, and was exactly what I was talking about in part of my OP. But, the market is still young and (hopefully) growing, so maybe we'll see more homebrew apps for the tab and not just the phones.
    Maybe "What's For Dinner" will do a touchpad app. I have it on my phone and therefore on my TP in the emulator window. You can add your own recipes that are viewable offline. *Or maybe one of the read it later apps that let you store pages offline. *I haven't looked through the recipes yet, but flylady www.flylady.com and cozi did a PDF cookbook you can dl here*
    *http://www.cozi.com/documents/Cozi_e...obrand=FLYLADY

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    IngloriousApps may be upgrading notes+, sort of a free-form database, which might be a good solution if you could post your recipes to google docs then download them to the app.
    Splashtop would work, but you need your laptop on, and navigating is a bit of a pain.
    This is sort of dumb and a lot of work, but you could create a recipes folder in your email, with subfolders (nested as many as you want, i.e. Recipes > Desserts > Pies) and email them to yourself, one recipe per email for a down and dirty database. I use Outlook Express and gmail together, and created a bunch of nested folders quickly that appeared immediately on the TP. Once downloaded I believe the TP retains them so you don't need internet access. Not sure how many. The email interface with the folders and 3 columns makes for fairly fast retrieval.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    W3idbrewer, I've been looking for something similar -- and there's nothing.

Here's my workaround: use Keeprecipes.com. Once you set up all your recipes on the website... they present it pretty well on the Touchpad. A true app would be much better, but it just doesn't exist yet. I want something nice and pretty like Epicurious, but I obviously need the ability to save custom recipes (shame on them!).

I'd love to say I'd create one -- but I just don't have the time.

I've been using this for my gf and when you add pictures it comes out pretty nice:

10.    #10  
    Yeah, there really isn't. (Which is why we're in this thread requesting one )

I'd love to say that I'd create on - but I just don't have the know-how...

Like you, I'm surprised that Epicurus doesn't have the ability to add your own...or any of the others that are out there. It's a shame, really.
    I've been hunting for a solution to store my own recipes as well. I haven't found anything good for local storage.

The Databank app is ok...but it requires a lot of customizing to their template to make it real useable.

So far the best i've come up with is to make a stick/note pad entry for each recipe in the stock note app. Its not half bad if you just copy and paste a recipe in.

Not ideal, but its quick and easy compared to some of the other word processing apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Maybe "What's For Dinner" will do a touchpad app. I have it on my phone and therefore on my TP in the emulator window. You can add your own recipes that are viewable offline. *Or maybe one of the read it later apps that let you store pages offline. *I haven't looked through the recipes yet, but flylady FlyLady.net: Your personal online coach to help you gain control of your house and home and cozi did a PDF cookbook you can dl here*
    *http://www.cozi.com/documents/Cozi_e...obrand=FLYLADY
    Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it. As for http://www.precentral.net/What's for Dinner, I just put in a request in the Touchpad HD Patches thread for a touchpad patch for that. In the meantime I'm trying an experiment. As has been posted here before, if you fire up internalz pro, turn on master mode, and navigated to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.srb.app.wfd (or com.srb.app.wfdp for premium), you will find a file named "appinfo.json". If you open that file and look at the end you'll see:
    Code:
        "removable": true
    }
    What you want to do is add a bit on there so it looks like:
    Code:
        "removable": true,
        "uiRevision": 2
    }
    Then do a luna restart or reboot to evaluate the changes.

That will cause it to fill the screen and rotate properly for the Touchpad. What it doesn't do is assure everything looks correct and you may find yourself in a situation where you need a "back" button but don't have it and are stuck. But it's worth a try and easily reversed by backing out the change.
    I had the one patch that made the mojo apps bigger but I took it off. The back button was an issue. Also Amazon has a bunch of free and 99 cent cookbooks and other's that will display in the kindle app.