Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Let me first start by saying this is an awesome app. I love opening the touchpad and finding a different picture each time. My Q is: how many different pics do they use? When I first downloaded the app, I had about 400 pictures in the .wallpapers file. This was about 2 weeks ago. Since then I have checked the folder every couple days and more pictures are in there. I am now up to 616 pictures in the folder. Where does it end? I'm not complaining about them because they don't take up that much space. I'm just curious how they get there and how many more I can expect.
  2. #2  
    As you have observed it is a variable number. Tty asking in the Switcheroo or the other app thread or directly pm or email the developer. They are the ones with the correct answer.
  3. #3  
    My opinion is that this behavior is poor citizenship on the part of the app. The .wallpapers folder is the hidden system folder that hosts the current wallpaper. When an app imports a new photo for use as the next wallpaper, it also has the capability of deleting the old wallpaper file. Since these are always a copy of the original file, I think that wallpaper changing apps should always remove the prior wallpaper and there should never be more than two photos in this folder at any time, and that by the time the app exits, there should really only be one - the file for the current wallpaper. Sadly, this behavior isn't followed by most apps, not even the stock Palm/HP ones.

    My apps Wall Switch and Slide RSS will both do a proper delete, so the number of files in this folder won't ever grow while using them.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    As you have observed it is a variable number. Tty asking in the Switcheroo or the other app thread or directly pm or email the developer. They are the ones with the correct answer.
    Thanks. I'll give them a shout.
  5. #5  
    the wallpapers are in:

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.orbsix.app.switcharootouch/images/wallpapers

    Recently i had some spare time and went thru all the wallpapers (thru my pc) and deleted the ones i didnt like and then updated the folder. Now the app doesnt switch wallpapers and when i open it up and click on "Switch Now" the app freezes most of the time and sometimes it does switch but freezes afterwards and it cycles thru 4 wallpapers....anyone know whats wrong? Cant be that deleting some of the wallpapers in the folder could have caused it.
  6. #6  
    anyone know the solution to my problem above ^^^??
  7. #7  
    Which version of switcharoo do you have? Original free, Paid, current free?

    How was you PC involved in deleting and/or updating the directory on the webOS device?

    Did you access the device files in USB drive mode? How did the PC update the folder?

    What did you use to view the pictures? Could it have changed the files?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by King23James View Post
    the wallpapers are in:

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.orbsix.app.switcharootouch/images/wallpapers

    Recently i had some spare time and went thru all the wallpapers (thru my pc) and deleted the ones i didnt like and then updated the folder. Now the app doesnt switch wallpapers and when i open it up and click on "Switch Now" the app freezes most of the time and sometimes it does switch but freezes afterwards and it cycles thru 4 wallpapers....anyone know whats wrong? Cant be that deleting some of the wallpapers in the folder could have caused it.
    It very well could be that the app expects all the photos to be there and didn't bother with any error correction code. You can verify it quickly by deleting the app and then going back and redownloading it.

    If you want better control over your wallpaper switching, might I suggest my own app Wall Switch? It will handle all the available photos on your local device and give you the option to use or not use any photo really easily, so you don't need to go through and do deletions of things you don't want to see.
  9. #9  
    Its the paid version of switcharoo...i copied the wallpaper file from the switcharoo folder and put them into /media/internal and then i connected my tp to my pc using usb mode and then i deleted the ones i didnt like. After that i copied the new wallpaper file into the switcharoo folder and that replaced the old one. Thats all i did and now its acting crazy...if the problem is becuz of me changing the wallpaper folder than thats weird...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by King23James View Post
    Its the paid version of switcharoo...i copied the wallpaper file from the switcharoo folder and put them into /media/internal and then i connected my tp to my pc using usb mode and then i deleted the ones i didnt like. After that i copied the new wallpaper file into the switcharoo folder and that replaced the old one. Thats all i did and now its acting crazy...if the problem is becuz of me changing the wallpaper folder than thats weird...
    With the paid version you are supposed to be able to select a folder for it to use for wallpapers. Sounds like switcheroo doesn't like the contents of a directory being changed.

    Was switcheroo disabled while you tinkered with the files or was it active. It's possible that if it was active it can't handle the contents of the folder changing while switcheroo is actively using the folder. It may make a list of the files in the folder when it starts and now that contents of the folder have changed it is throwing errors it can't handle.
  11. #11  
    it was on while i did the tinkering...idk maybe that was it or not

Posting Permissions