Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Philly-Sports
  1.    #1  
    I successfully managed to add myself to the HP Free App announcement list. I got my first e-mail last week.

Has anyone noticed if there is a pattern to when the free apps are announced?

(ex: Every Friday around 3 PM)

Thank you
    Here's the pattern (in rapid succession):

Email Sent

Email Received

Someone posts codes on SlickDeals

Too Late - All gone!!!
    c000 likes this.
    Actually , last week was the first Friday - the others were on Thursday - so - everyone thought that they were over when it didn't comes on Thursday!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DILands View Post
    Here's the pattern (in rapid succession):

Email Sent

Email Received

Someone posts codes on SlickDeals

Too Late - All gone!!!

LOL! I'm hoping to get them before the "Too Late - All gone" phase hits.

Actually , last week was the first Friday - the others were on Thursday - so - everyone thought that they were over when it didn't comes on Thursday!
    I saw last Friday's and I didn't have my TP with me. I called my wife and walked her through the process for me.
    I think it would be nice if there were no pattern - this way - no one gets an unfair advantage due to work schedule - or lack thereof.
    How did you get added to the email list?

I'd really appreciate finding this out.
    Long live webOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    I successfully managed to add myself to the HP Free App announcement list. I got my first e-mail last week.

Has anyone noticed if there is a pattern to when the free apps are announced?

(ex: Every Friday around 3 PM)

Thank you
    I was an early adopter and received the $50 in app bucks. I have used some of it and then when the emails and blog started having app codes for free I used those codes for marginal apps. Rather than using those codes, they depleted my $50 and didnt use email codes or blog codes first. Or perhaps these codes were gone and they used the $50 free ones but it isnt right that they should not have alerted me that I was depleting these rather than using the free ones available to all. Today I went to use some of the remaining part of my $50 to buy splashtop and the balance was too low. 23 bucks or so I was ripped off.
    Your first post cracked me up. Actually, I don't believe there has been any discernable pattern. The first two app giveaways were through the Palm blog posts and were for six apps, not four. Neither was on a Thursday, as I recall, but one could go to the Plam Blog and check to see what the date of the entries were. I do believe all of them have been during the work day, with the possible exception of the two giveaways ago, when it posted around 5 or 5:30 pm EST. Then again, HP's webos folks are in CA and they were still well into their work day.

I think the best thing to do, which is what I do now, is carry your Touchpad with you at all times. I periodically check the blog and have email push on my phone. When I see something come up, I then drop whatever I'm doing (last week, I was in the middle of a meeting) and start downloading whatever free apps I'm interested in. I do use a wifi hotspot.
    All for One and One for All!
    Quote Originally Posted by mlb14 View Post

Me too
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlb14 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mc_wardy View Post
    Me too
    Newsletter Signup
    The biggest pattern I see is Canada never got any.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    Thanks for the link!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Padlock View Post
    Thanks for the link!
    You're welcome!