Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetude View Post
    You might be on to something here - I also have a WNDR3700 and am getting a very slight lag when playing Netflix and was wondering if others were overstating how smooth it was. I did notice that if I stream a video that is local on the PC it is very smooth, it was only Netflix that was laggy (hmmm.. should try Amazon too).

I wasn't thinking about the router - will test some more and report back.
    I appreciate that, its good to know someone is out there with the same router. Please get back with the results.
    If no app, please someone get silverlight working in the stock browser.. if silverlight is available so is the web access to netflix.
    Silverlight isn't available for the Touchpad and won't be. End of discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Silverlight isn't available for the Touchpad and won't be. End of discussion.
    Ya doesn't matter neway.. seems m$ is killing off silverlight anyway so with luck as I said on the other thread maybe netflix will make the move to HTML5. Why have several specific apps when everyone can just access the web site; save the hassle and money.
    Weird, on mine the video streaming looks like 240p youtube video quality, but no lag. I dont even use Splashtop because of this. Works fine with my iphone, so it is either the larger screen size causing problems or the webOS version of the app needs tweaking. Pretty much everyone has been complaining about the poor video quality when streaming. Not sure what you guys are doing differently.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    Honestly, even if you're someone that loves webOS and doesn't want to go use Android permanently, just install Cyanogenmod and boot into Android when you want to watch Netflix and use the official app. It's going to run better than any 'streaming from another computer' solution and it's free and it works great.
    Actually, Netflix via Splashtop does work better than using the official Netflix app which frequently just stops displaying and has to be restarted in CM7.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Actually, Netflix via Splashtop does work better than using the official Netflix app which frequently just stops displaying and has to be restarted in CM7.

Haven't restarted it once myself. Maybe I'm lucky. I also haven't done anything to the device as far as tweaking processors speeds and such. I know that as an alpha release, there's a lot of extra bugs that can happen when you start moving away from a stock device.
    Maybe it was the things that I watched on it, just the Futurama movies. I had to keep closing it, restarting it, then it would crash when I restarted it, and then I could restart it again and get back into it cleanly. WOuld happen about every 20 minutes or so.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    While streaming netflix using splashtop, I get flickering the whole time. Its watchable, but pretty annoying. It doesn't do this while streaming youtube or any other videos, only netflix.

Tapatalkin' from my eclipsed DROIDX2
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Maybe it was the things that I watched on it, just the Futurama movies. I had to keep closing it, restarting it, then it would crash when I restarted it, and then I could restart it again and get back into it cleanly. WOuld happen about every 20 minutes or so.

Hmm interesting. I'll try those. Were you on the original alpha or the alpha 2 release?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12