Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By kkhanmd
  • 8 Post By alvintoro
  1.    #1  
    I sorta found a way that allows netflix streaming on the Touchpad. I was able to do it through RDP with the splashtop app for pc and touchpad. The app cost 4.99 with it's promotional offer but it will cost $20 in a few days. The sound comes out of the touchpad and video playback is very very smooth for RDP (at least for me.) Just thought I'd share the info. Check out the pics!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Well, you seem happy to have discovered this and I'm sure there a more than a few people that hadn't known about this as well. So for that, good job sir or ma'am! This isn't exactly news though. This information is widely known around these forums and also the Splashtop app description in the catalog mentions Netflix streaming as one of it's features. But again, I'm sure you made someones day.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    You use Internet Explorer??

ARE YOU MAD?!!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by llamabox View Post

ARE YOU MAD?!!!?
    Actually IE-9 and 10 are not bad at all. 64 bit no add version loads great on my Vaio z.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    fraincs likes this.
    IMHO The only thing the Internet Explorer is good for, is to download a better browser.
    Great now Netflix is pushing HP to remove Splashtop from the catalog.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Great now Netflix is pushing HP to remove Splashtop from the catalog.
    What's your source for this news? Doesn't sound right to me but stranger things HAVE happened,
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Actually IE-9 and 10 are not bad at all. 64 bit no add version loads great on my Vaio z.
    Agree IE9 - 10 on Vaio F is not bad either
    Quote Originally Posted by fraincs View Post
    Agree IE9 - 10 on Vaio F is not bad either
    Yeah... funny enough, the new IE happens to run almost any benchmark faster than firefox or chrome on my home pc...

I still wind up using chrome or firefox since i already have them set up (adblock ftw), but i could easily see myself using IE in its current incarnation... When the dust settles, ive always used the fastest and most capable browser. No loyalty issues here. IE isn't too far from providing an experience i'd switch for.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by llamabox View Post

ARE YOU MAD?!!!?
    LMAO it does what I need it to do And with ie9 you can drag tabs to the start bar and make a shortcut for websites. If you look at the picture again I had a netflix shortcut next to the explorer icon. Btw I have firefox on the start bar too!
    Splashtop is not RDP just as a FYI. RDP is MS Remote Desktop Protocol. Splashtop is not.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Quote Originally Posted by alvintoro View Post
    IMHO The only thing the Internet Explorer is good for, is to download a better browser.
    This stopped being true over the past few years. IE is pretty nice these days.

I still use FF myself but IE isn't the joke it used to be with version 6
    I use chrome more often now since FF is such a memory hog (today's update seemed buggy too). But back on topic, Splashtop is awesome. Very glad i picked it up for only $5.
    IE is still garbage.