Page 1 of 37 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
  1.    #1  
    Splashtop Launches Remote Desktop App for HP’s webOS Devices .

I think you were asking for this app for a long time ago, well now since today
    Splashtop unveiled Splash Remote desktop app for webos. Splashtop Remote Desktop for webOS is available today in the HP App Store for $4.99.

Full Press Release:

Easy-to-Use App Connects Users to Their Mac or PC to Access Files, Watch Video, Play Flash-based Games, and More

Splashtop Inc., the worldwide leader in instant-access computing, today unveiled Splashtop® Remote Desktop for webOS.

With the application, users now have simple, one-click access from their HP webOS-based smartphone to their entire desktop computer with support for full video and audio.

“Our support for HP's webOS is an important milestone in that direction.”

"We created Splashtop Remote Desktop with the vision of bridging the billions of devices throughout the world," said Mark Lee, CEO and co-founder of Splashtop. "Our support for HP's webOS is an important milestone in that direction."

With Splashtop Remote, users can use their HP Palm Pre 2 and HP Palm Pre Plus smartphones with webOS 2.1 to:

• Fully control their computer remotely, access files, and interact with computer applications using intuitive touch controls and familiar webOS gestures

• Watch videos and play music stored on their computer, whether in iTunes®, Windows® Media Player, or any other format

• Play advanced PC and Flash-based games, such as World of Warcraft™ or Bejeweled™ via patent-pending Splashtop streaming technology

• Work on Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint), and access Microsoft Outlook

Splashtop Remote Desktop for webOS is available today in the HP App Store for $4.99.

Splashtop Remote connects to any Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Mac OS X 10.6 or higher operating system.

Splashtop Remote consists of two components: an application running on the WebOS device, and an application running on the computer. The smartphone or tablet connects to the computer over any network.

To learn more about Splashtop Remote, please visit: Splashtop Remote desktop for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.

About Splashtop

Splashtop Inc. (formerly known as DeviceVM, Inc.) was founded in 2006 with the goal of optimizing the computing experience so that people everywhere can quickly access content and applications. The Splashtop OS product, first introduced in 2007, is an award-winning instant-on platform that allows users to get online, access e-mail, and chat with friends seconds after turning on their PC. Splashtop Remote Desktop, a best seller in the Apple App Store, allows users to enjoy their full computer experience from a smartphone or a tablet, while away from their PC. The application is available now in the Apple App Store, on iTunes, in the Android Marketplace, and the webOS App Store.

Splashtop products are currently available on more than 40 million PCs from leading manufacturers including Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Lenovo, LG and Sony. Since its debut in October 2007, Splashtop has received numerous awards, including the prestigious “Most Innovative Product” award from PC World, the “Best of What’s New” award from Popular Science, and “Best of 2010 CES” award from Laptop Magazine. For more information, visit Splashtop Inc.

Useful links:
    Splashtop Remote: Splashtop Inc. - Splashtop Remote
    Splashtop home: Splashtop Inc.

Contacts
    Sparkpr for Splashtop
    Joseph Martorano, 415-699-4215
    jmartorano@sparkpr.com

Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...-webOS-Devices
    I have this app on my ipad and it's very good. Grats guys.
  3.    #3  
    The remote desktop app for webos is available for download here:

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...plashtopremote
    Hmmm, very interesting. Will have to check this out later.
    Good lookin' out. Curious though that the webos app is 5 times as much as the ios app. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
    I have been using this since last Friday on my Pre2. It is fantastic very easy to use on my windows and mac computers.

I have been watching netflix and hulu on my phone. I am very pleased with the audio/video streaming. I can not wait for the touchpad to be released and have this app on it.

I am able to access my linux machines via vnc on my windows machine. Remotely controlling a remotely controlled machine is not the most ideal solution but it works very well.

I love this app!
    IIIxe -> Handera 330 -> Tungsten C -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre-, Pre2 & Touchpad 32

http://about.me/robert.whisler
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhiz8577 View Post
    I am able to access my linux machines via vnc on my windows machine. Remotely controlling a remotely controlled machine is not the most ideal solution but it works very well.

I love this app!
    Had to do it:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Good lookin' out. Curious though that the webos app is 5 times as much as the ios app. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
    Agreed. If we don't buy it at this price, they might realize that less is more!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Don't worry about the comparison. It's still just the price of a cup of coffee. Lower prices will happen when there are a few more webOS devices around.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Don't worry about the comparison. It's still just the price of a cup of coffee. Lower prices will happen when there are a few more webOS devices around.
    The average price of a cup of coffee is $1.38

I understand the economics and the point of my post was I think the dev could make more money at half the price. I'm hoping that the price comes down soon so the developer's app can get more downloads and users.
    Oh I didn't see the price. I was just assuming it's .99 like in Apple or 1.99 at the most. wow, $4.99 is too much I think. HP should step up and cover the cost of those apps.
    Honestly for what this app does and what it could become through updates, its not worth 4.99? Is for me. We know it has to be more than IOS.we want more devs so lets show the ones that try webos is a real platform worth making apps for.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    So, anyone try this out for gaming? I realize I wouldn't be able to raid and stuff, but just for snooping around the auction house and stuff. And how is the security? Are you remoting into your own PC or going through a 3rd party server you have no control over? Worried about keyloggers on equipment that is not my own.
  14.    #14  
    For all that work the app does IMHO is a worthly price.

How much will you pay for Quickoffice editable app for webos, that is important ,but it is just office, and compared with this one, we are talking about ?
    This is a good sign that some great apps are starting to come to webos.I'm noticing a pattern that's starting.It seems like webos is starting to get some motion and the pre 3 and the TouchPad are the reasons why.
    treacl likes this.
    @akitayo,
    I *definitely* appreciate your work, but I will try and remain a contrarian in this discussion as I think I may be asking questions that others may have but are a little too "polite" to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    For all that work the app does IMHO is a worthly price.
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    How much will you pay for Quickoffice editable app for webos, that is important ,but it is just office, and compared with this one, we are talking about ?
    Right now, $0 (because Google docs probably does everything I need).

Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    This is a good sign that some great apps are starting to come to webos.I'm noticing a pattern that's starting.It seems like webos is starting to get some motion and the pre 3 and the TouchPad are the reasons why.
    Part of my reason is because I really feel like the Pre- might not give me much screen real-estate and I'm having a hard time imagining a remoting app being useful on such a small screen. On a touchpad, this would be a different story.

--
    Bob
    awesome. Works great iwth windows media player under windows 7 (I open it to nearly full screen as it won't work in directx mode). Sound is awesome too!

Now trying to figure out can I use this on the go when traveling?
    Got it a couple days ago and it does work well. WiFi-only stipulation limits its usefulness but I understand why they did it.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Great looking app. We need to support good apps like this so the developers see we have interest and will do more for WebOS. People are spoiled with the prices of apps these days. (Remember the prices of the old PalmOS apps?)

How can a developer make any money selling a quality app for .99 for WebOS right now. If we are going to get good apps, we need to be willing to pay for them, and also, HP can help by subsidizing them until WebOS becomes a major player.
    I can't get over the fact that I always hear people complain that HP doesn't let them buy a new phone every other month like HTC does - and at the same time complain that $5 for a quality app is too much.

I've lost much more in single poker hands. I've paid much more for taxi fares when I could've waited for a bus. I've paid more for Venti Mocha Frappuccinos.
Page 1 of 37 12345611 ... LastLast