Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    Guys, the pricing is in line with the other platforms. Splashtop HD is $20 for iPad and $10 for Android. The original Splashtop is $5 for Android. The HD version is what we're getting for the TouchPad.
    FYI: Splashtop for the ipad is $2.99. The highest it's ever been is $10 and it's been $0.99 at one point.

If I were a business, I would rather sell 100 copies at $0.99 rather than 10 at $9.99. Not everyone needs remote desktop app, but for those who might use it "once in a while", they would get it at $0.99 and not $9.99. It seems like only the hardcore or those forced to use remote desktop are shelling out the money. I know I was pretty upset paying $30 for Logmein, but that's what we use at work, so I had to get it.

Oh well, that's how she goes

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
  2. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    FYI: Splashtop for the ipad is $2.99. The highest it's ever been is $10 and it's been $0.99 at one point.
    It's on sale for $2.99 (regular $20). Image attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I think you are missing the point of a business model. They need to make x amount of dollars. They can charge less for iOS or Android because more users=more $. Since webOS has less users they need to charge more to meet their desired profit.

Plus you are not buying the SAME app as you elude to in your analogy, you are buying a different app that required developers hours to be spent creating it.
    Plus IOS and Android apps will continue to have future customers. Future sales in WebOS will be a trickle at best, only when used Touchpads change hands. At least the support will be easy since there won't be many/any WebOS updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by funb0b View Post
    Did a very quick vid to show it in action, not a great video but gives you the idea

Mine also reduces my desktop size, but when I close SplashTop on the TP my desktop goes back to normal. Which is nice
    Nice video - My question is, how did you get so many icons down on the bottom of your touchpad? I thought we were limited to five. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    is there any way to hide the main screen (on the host) while your remoted in?
    You can turn off your monitor/disable your screen before you leave. I can do Fn-F7 on my laptop and that will turn the screen blank. I'd imagine other laptops have a similar feature too.
  6. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwneese View Post
    Nice video - My question is, how did you get so many icons down on the bottom of your touchpad? I thought we were limited to five. thanks.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ore-icons.html
    Quote Originally Posted by dwneese View Post
    Their is a tweak you can do that will allow more
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet greggo View Post
    Splashtop is $5 for Android and $3 for the iPad. I know the user base for the TouchPad is a lot smaller than the other but still... that's a big difference in price.

It sounds like a great app and truth be told I was looking forward to getting it but $10 is a lot to drop on an app for a tablet. Someone needs to do a video review so I can talk myself into the purchase.
    to be fair the ipad/android userbase can grow, the touchpad one is stagnant/fixed, the increased price is a small thign to pay for a dead end hardware line, im just glad they did it, its needed so they can ask for whatever they want, ill pay it for essentials.
    What is everyone using the app for? Only thing I can see using it for is watching my shows even if I have Kalemsoft.

There are a few negative things. Like someone said it makes windows on my computer go to Basic. Also I randomly lose connection when watching youtube. Splashtop and Video Flood HD is the only way I can watch 720p youtube videos because using the TP web browser to play 720p youtube videos is stuttery.

So what is everyone using the Splashtop app for?
  10. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caihuire View Post
    Why is the app sold at $9.99 (discounted) while its iPad counterpart only $2.99?
    iPad app is on sale for $2.99, regular $20. Android app is $10 as well. Image attached.

Now let's move on to discussing the app (which is outstanding -- have it for iPad, Transformer and TouchPad) rather than the price.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post

If I were a business, I would rather sell 100 copies at $0.99 rather than 10 at $9.99. Not everyone needs remote desktop app, but for those who might use it "once in a while", they would get it at $0.99 and not $9.99. It seems like only the hardcore or those forced to use remote desktop are shelling out the money. I know I was pretty upset paying $30 for Logmein, but that's what we use at work, so I had to get it.

Oh well, that's how she goes

I just confirmed that it's on sale for $2.99 (regular $20) and bought it for iPad as well cause that's a deal.
    the screen goes smaller thing is a feature you can disable, just click the right arrow far right of your connection , click the right arrow on advanced prefs, then change resolution from "1024x768 touchpad native" to "use remote computers native settings" and you will get your desktop "as-is".
    ktredshoes likes this.
    I plan on using it to access my windows programs without needing to haul my 17 inch ASUS G73jh laptop to class.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Pass on this price bloated app that doesnt have much real world function. Drop it to 99 cents and maybe ill dl it.
    Run splashtop from your touchpad to your PC running virtualbox running the touchpad emulator running splashtop to another pc running virtualbox running the touchpad emulator...
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

16. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    There are numerous websites that I can't view using the TouchPad -- redirects, etc. Splashtop makes them viewable.

Orb works sometimes, and even then, sound is a luxury when using it to use my computer's TV tuner. Kalemsoft works with the TV tuner, but doesn't let me change channels remotely. By using Splashtop I can just avoid all the hassle.

I can read and edit/highlight PDF files efficiently 'on the TouchPad,' now.

More to come, I'm sure, but the above make it worth more than $10 to me.
    Last edited by zc1; 09/26/2011 at 01:30 PM.
    funb0b likes this.
    They might SAY "regular $19.99, but it's never been that price! Use the appshopper app in ios (or their website) and you'll see a history of the prices. I think they use "regular $20" in order to create urgency for people to buy... it's a dirty sales trick IMO.

love this and hopefully other big names will be inspired too,
    having said that the scrolling needs some work I think, finally found the technique for getting a bit of a scroll going but its short scrolls as opposed to scrolling to the point in a page I want, took me 10 or more swipes to get half way down the engadget front page, or am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by suikostinger View Post
    What is everyone using the app for? Only thing I can see using it for is watching my shows even if I have Kalemsoft.

There are a few negative things. Like someone said it makes windows on my computer go to Basic. Also I randomly lose connection when watching youtube. Splashtop and Video Flood HD is the only way I can watch 720p youtube videos because using the TP web browser to play 720p youtube videos is stuttery.

So what is everyone using the Splashtop app for?
    I'll be using it is a business aspect to connect to my clients computers to fix an issue.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I posted this in the Splashtop support forum, but is anyone else having issues with multitasking?

If I connect to a remote pc and then leave the card to do another task, when I return to splashtop, the screen is frozen and I get all these coloured blocks... basically meaning that I have to exit the app and reconnect. This is not ideal, since I also use splashtop for work :/

Also, local discovery is VERY hit and miss...

Also....... I can't create a manual connection. The "done" key doesn't work.

Also............................ when I enter a password in the options for the PC I'm connecting to, it won't accept... same as above, the "done" key doesn't work.

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast