Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 727
Like Tree98Likes
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by situbusitgooddog View Post
    Really impressed by this, the quality and usability is just fantastic. One small feature request - I wish it was possible to 'lock' the zoom to prevent accidental zooming when trying to scroll, it seems to want to zoom all the time. Alternatively if they could tone down the zoom sensitivity a lot that would also do the trick.
    I'm enjoying the app as well. It basically multiplies the functionality of the touchpad ten fold. I have it pulling my Win 8 install and it works great. Heck, I'd pay the ten dollars just to be able to use chrome...

    That said, I do agree the zoom/scroll issue is a pain and does detract from the fluidity of websurfing, versus just using the native webos browser (with all its limitations.)

    Overall I am impressed but would like to see a couple usability tweaks.
  2. resturg's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #142  
    I just installed Splashtop Remote HD on my Touchpad. I have TV tuner card in my PC and watching TV on the TP was smooth with audio in sync with the picture. I tested this on my home Wi-Fi network and I do not at this time know how it will work another Wi-Fi network.

    I dumped my Pre- for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch which also has Splashtop installed that also works on my home network but when I turn off Wi-Fi on the phone I get “Connection Failed”. I guess the problem can be with my firewall. I go on their site to see if any port needs to be opened. Until I get this working I assume that TP will also fail for an external Wi-Fi network.
  3. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by funb0b View Post
    Did a very quick vid to show it in action, not a great video but gives you the idea



    Mine also reduces my desktop size, but when I close SplashTop on the TP my desktop goes back to normal. Which is nice
    Great video! You are too modest.
  4. #144  
    James, outstanding! Thanks for the review. I know a lot of users were asking for this so I hope this makes them happy. We need Zinio next! Then hopefully NetFlix will make an app.
  5. funb0b's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Great video! You are too modest.

    How nice of you thanks
  6. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    You are missing the point. The same app should be the same price on all mobile platforms.

    Could you imagine paying $5 for a DVD that you'll use on a Sony dvd player and $15 for the SAME dvd that you'll be playing on a Toshiba dvd player? That would be outrageous.
    I'm not going to try to dismantle your argument: part of the marketing strategy involves how or if the buyer feels the purchase is justifed, even if the comparison is just virtual (i.e. even if you don't have/don't plan to buy an iPad).

    As noted above, law of demand plays a part here. Another factor that might play a role: the OS patron might decide to subsidize development. I personally think HP should have wooed more big names (read; throw money at them). In a way, it has: somebody above has stated they'd wait and see if promo codes were offered.

    Also, a promo code effectively makes an app free on one platform (nobody complaining?) but paid on another. But hey - that's for a limited time and quantity, you say? Well, think of stock apps: they too are free on one platform and payable on another. (RIM will certainly make Docs to Go free on their platform, but you still have to pay for it on an iPad!)
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  7. zc1
    zc1 is offline
    zc1's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet greggo View Post
    Splashtop is $5 for Android and $3 for the iPad. I know the user base for the TouchPad is a lot smaller than the other but still... that's a big difference in price.

    It sounds like a great app and truth be told I was looking forward to getting it but $10 is a lot to drop on an app for a tablet. Someone needs to do a video review so I can talk myself into the purchase.
    Splashtop is $5 on Android, but SplashTop HD is $10 IIRC
    Worth every penny.
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    You are missing the point. The same app should be the same price on all mobile platforms. Ĥ

    Could you imagine paying $5 for a DVD that you'll use on a Sony dvd player and $15 for the SAME dvd that you'll be playing on a Toshiba dvd player? That would be outrageous.
    I think you are missing the point of a business model. They need to make x amount of dollars. They can charge less for iOS or Android because more users=more $. Since webOS has less users they need to charge more to meet their desired profit.

    Plus you are not buying the SAME app as you elude to in your analogy, you are buying a different app that required developers hours to be spent creating it.
  9. zc1
    zc1 is offline
    zc1's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #149  
    I've used SplashTop HD on my Transformer to access my home computer and stream video and audio (TV Tuner, YouTube, DVD in DVD drive, etc). Works great. I'm assuming the same will be the case for this version for the TouchPad.

    So far I've only tried the TouchPad on my local wifi network and it works just as expected (i.e. very well).

    Best app in the catalog.
  10. LinT's Avatar
    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #150  
    is there any way to hide the main screen (on the host) while your remoted in?
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg View Post
    I just installed Splashtop Remote HD on my Touchpad. I have TV tuner card in my PC and watching TV on the TP was smooth with audio in sync with the picture. I tested this on my home Wi-Fi network and I do not at this time know how it will work another Wi-Fi network.

    I dumped my Pre- for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch which also has Splashtop installed that also works on my home network but when I turn off Wi-Fi on the phone I get “Connection Failed”. I guess the problem can be with my firewall. I go on their site to see if any port needs to be opened. Until I get this working I assume that TP will also fail for an external Wi-Fi network.
    Im not sure if it will be the same for the phone but for the touchpad and my itouch, I hadto enable internet discovery to connect to my home machines, just entering the IP address didn't connect to the machine
  12. #152  
    Does anyone have any idea how this affects battery life? I am planning on using it to watch sports when I'm not home.

    thanks!
  13. #153  
    Bought as well - looks good and seems to work fine (streaming, audio, etc...)

    Couple of questions:
    1) Is there a way to use the BT keyboard arrow keys to scroll (the 2 fingers scroll is tricky)
    2) I am havin trouble to select text for copy/paste - what's the best way to achieve this? (also it would be nice to have shift+arrow key +CTRL+C/V/Z enabled on the BT keyboard enabled to make text selection+copy/paste).
    3) Is it possible to blank the screen on the remote PC while using a ST session on the TP?
    4) Would be nice to be able to disable connection drop when TP goes in auto-lock

    Any ideas/help on the above points would be appreciated!
  14. LinT's Avatar
    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by funb0b View Post
    Did a very quick vid to show it in action, not a great video but gives you the idea



    Mine also reduces my desktop size, but when I close SplashTop on the TP my desktop goes back to normal. Which is nice
    off topic... but what patch are you running to get more icons in your start area?
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I think you are missing the point of a business model. They need to make x amount of dollars. They can charge less for iOS or Android because more users=more $. Since webOS has less users they need to charge more to meet their desired profit.

    Plus you are not buying the SAME app as you elude to in your analogy, you are buying a different app that required developers hours to be spent creating it.
    I "get it"... But as a user of splashtop on multiple platforms, I just feel gouged by the Touchpad price. I still bought as I needed it, but it was much easier paying $3 for it, rather than $10 :-)
  16. #156  
    Hulu playback and general responsiveness is not very good for me via internt, but worked fine in the LAN. I suspect the reason is that my desktop is running via wifi, albeit with a great signal and no problems when it's being used. When I run the Touchpad from work, over a very fast enterprise wifi, video is choppy and almost unwatchable in terms of audio sync, responsiveness of the desktop is not good at all. Could there be any other reason for this behavior that is correctable, other than running an ethernet cable to my desktop (which I can't really do)?
  17. #157  
    Like the app. My initial reaction was that $10 was too high, then I remembered I saved $200 on the TP.
    ktredshoes likes this.
  18. zc1
    zc1 is offline
    zc1's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #158  
    Guys, the pricing is in line with the other platforms. Splashtop HD is $20 for iPad and $10 for Android. The original Splashtop is $5 for Android. The HD version is what we're getting for the TouchPad.
  19. caihuire's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #159  
    Why is the app sold at $9.99 (discounted) while its iPad counterpart only $2.99?
  20. zc1
    zc1 is offline
    zc1's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Hulu playback and general responsiveness is not very good for me via internt, but worked fine in the LAN. I suspect the reason is that my desktop is running via wifi, albeit with a great signal and no problems when it's being used. When I run the Touchpad from work, over a very fast enterprise wifi, video is choppy and almost unwatchable in terms of audio sync, responsiveness of the desktop is not good at all. Could there be any other reason for this behavior that is correctable, other than running an ethernet cable to my desktop (which I can't really do)?
    Running your desktop on WiFi is probably at least part of the problem. Mine is connected via ethernet cable, and when I connect from outside of our local network (using our other tablets) video and audio run nicely. I've yet to try the TouchPad outside of our home network.
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions