Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Just got it. It is awesome! Netflix and Hulu works great.
    gave it a whirl and it worked great.

I couldnt manage to scroll though lol, and double tap and drag wouldnt work to move windows around. but im at the possibilities of what my touchpad can do now.

nfl sunday ticket to go ftw!
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I found a fix to the issue I encountered. So if anyone is interested, when you can't connect to your computer anymore and there is an error saying "cannot connect to 192.xxx", just change the PORT number under the streaming app settings on your computer. Hope that helps people...
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    I haven't tried it across the internet yet but it works pretty well across wifi lan. Streamed netflix, pipes sound through to the touchpad. I couldn't get the two finger swipe to work.
    DAE get a grey card when coming back to the Splashtop card? I had it running, jumped over to this thread in another card, and when I came back to the Splashtop card it's gray...
    Now anyone that says apps aren't important to the success of a tablet are fooling themselves. I've been using Splashtop for a long time now via my iPad, and it's finally nice that it came to the touchpad. Now if more developers would start making more apps!

For those having issues with screen resolution or connectivity and are using a Mac with OSX Lion, that's the problem. I had to downgrade back to Snow Leopard to get Splashtop working properly, even though they claim it is Lion compatible now. That is just one possibility.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    this is a godsend. I'm mired in tax work and tonight I will go home on time, see my kids at a normal hour (and awake) and then, after putting them to bed, get back to my office, via the touchpad. I already tried out the tax software and it worked perfectly.

music streaming while I worked.

No more listening to my wife **** and moan about how I'm never around.
    Mac.World, are you seeing the grey box issue I described? I'm on Snow Leopard on the desktop... Also I can't get scrolling to work at all.

UPDATE: the grey box problem seems to have gone away, and replaced with a spinning "connection lost, reconnecting" graphic that never reconnected. I had to throw away the card and relaunch the app...
    How much is the app? And could someone post the link to the app catalog?
    Sprint Love
    How about using a Slingbox using a web browser?
    Or the Sling player itself?
    If it works, I may be buying.
    $9.99(for now 50% off), just look in the catalog under New....you'll find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Yikes...they call that a discount. I already purchased this for my Pre phone, that by the way doesn't work anymore (SplashTop was always buggy on my Pre and especially now on webOS 2.1).

Hard not to be a little bitter, though like most people here...we'll end up buying it anyways no matter what the price "Supply and Demand!" Yes it may be on sale for $2.99 for the iPad, but as usual you get what you pay for and I don't really have much of a choice.

I just hope it runs as well as I'd expect (also a SplashTop for Android owner). Sorli...
    wilburjoe likes this.
    Anybody can test this app over Internet? I would like to access my work server and computer from home. Let me know.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    sorli likes this.
    Ouch, that's pretty steep for a tablet app. Maybe it will pop up on one of HP's giveaways.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet greggo View Post
    Ouch, that's pretty steep for a tablet app. Maybe it will pop up on one of HP's giveaways.
    Absolutely love Splashtop and it's the same thing I paid for an iOS remote desktop iPhone app.
    Worth every penny!
    Has anybody tried running a Direct3D program? There is a support ticket on the Splashtop website indicating that it'll run in Windowed mode with the iPad version...
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    anyone use for remote ip camera viewing ? how about ported access to remote dvr's ?
    Don't have my touchpad with me atm, is why I ask. Can't wait to get this though.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottLive5 View Post
    Absolutely love Splashtop and it's the same thing I paid for an iOS remote desktop iPhone app.
    Worth every penny!
    Splashtop is $5 for Android and $3 for the iPad. I know the user base for the TouchPad is a lot smaller than the other but still... that's a big difference in price.

It sounds like a great app and truth be told I was looking forward to getting it but $10 is a lot to drop on an app for a tablet. Someone needs to do a video review so I can talk myself into the purchase.
    sorli and folly412 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Anybody can test this app over Internet? I would like to access my work server and computer from home. Let me know.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    works fine,,, can access my home computer and my work computer over the internet... but its slower of course (my work is about a 5 second delay because its wireless and connected to VPN)

but still usable
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison