Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I keep losing my connection if the splashtop card is not used for more than a minute. Anyone else having this issue?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    How well does it work with multiple monitors? My PC is running two monitors with UltraMon and would be interested to know if it works well. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    I keep losing my connection if the splashtop card is not used for more than a minute. Anyone else having this issue?
    Yes it really does not take long either. it reconnects quickly. Stinks for streaming i bet.
    Can two TP access, stream from the same desktop? Do any of the media streaming apps allow this?
    Aaargh, it worked once with Local network settings and now I'm stuck using Internet Connection !!! So it is slow as hell !

If I try to connect via local network it says : "cannot connect to computer". It's strange since it succed in connecting with IP adress !!

If someone knows how to solve this, please tell me !

BTW I use a Mac with OSX Lion.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    So, a question. How does it work if I am away from my house? How do I connect to my home PC?

Alan
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    So, a question. How does it work if I am away from my house? How do I connect to my home PC?

Alan

I haven't tried it yet outside of home network, but it says it supports connecting over the internet. The desktop streamer and touchpad both have an option to remember your Google login credentials so I think that is used to help locate one another over the internet. I hope it just uses port 80/443 so my corporate firewall will allow it. I will test it when I get into the office and post my results here.

Update: My corporate firewall blocks this, but if I use freetether on my Pre I can connect to home laptop, albeit at a much slower speed.
    Last edited by rlopin; 09/29/2011 at 08:24 PM.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Will it stream netflix?
    r_wright1 likes this.
    I'd jump on this but they don't have a Linux streamer :'(
    ArloBigwater likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by austriak View Post
    Will it stream netflix?
    yep tested it and it works fantastic

this is (mouth washed out with ) awesome that's for sure
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/26/2011 at 09:12 AM.
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    retroblu likes this.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by austriak View Post
    Will it stream netflix?
    Yes. It will stream anything you can play on your remote desktop/laptop.
    bought this and it's amazing, really happy with it. now if they can release xdisplay as well we will be onto a winner.

Cheers all.
    sorli likes this.
    if you are watching a movie or skyping does it loose connectivity constantly?
    I was able to view a .pdf file that i couldn't view kn my TouchPad through this app. Text Assist doesn't work any more, however my mistakes are still highlighted from using Opera. I was also able to get my Guitar Pro working although there was a bit of a stutter here and there. Arrow keys are handy on the keyboard, as is the Start menu button, which also pulls up the bottom task bar.

Very easy to set up as well.
    any why havent i seen this on the front page....come on precentral!! cant wait to get home and download.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    How is it working for everybody? Does video stream ok for you? What devices have you tried it with?

Update: Two finger scrolling works, but it is tricky.

First, make sure the window you want to scroll is the active window. You might have to tap in any non-clickable area within the window to activate it.

Second, the two finger scroll works in the opposite direction. Swiping down scrolls up and vice versa. Do not expect it to scroll while swiping. You swipe first, quickly, and then you will see the screen react after you lift your two fingers.
    Did someone order the fish ? (Movie Quote)

Just kidding

How about Windows 8 Developer Preview on the Hp TouchPad:

Simply Awesome!!!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    two negatives:

double click is kind of tricky. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

and when it accesses my computer it changes the resolution on my monitor. when i close splashtop the resolution stays to whatever splashtop changed it to. and my icons on the desktop get all out of order from how i had arranged them previously.
    Will i be able to play football manager on my Touchpad through my Desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    two negatives:

double click is kind of tricky. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

and when it accesses my computer it changes the resolution on my monitor. when i close splashtop the resolution stays to whatever splashtop changed it to. and my icons on the desktop get all out of order from how i had arranged them previously.
    Resolution change for me as well. I just went to the control panel and changed it back, but I did notice that when you zoom in again, it's not as sharp.

I've found holding for right click then Open seems to work better than trying to double click.
    I'm just glad internet discovery is included. Always kind of put off that Splashtop has never updated the phone app to include that. The Mac streamer didn't, either. I'm not sure if it does now, haven't messed with it since the 1.5.x series.
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast