Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Scrolling has been discussed at length in this thread in numerous posts - the latest version is considerably better than in the first version. In any event ensure that none of the 'sticky keys' in the onscreen keyboard are down when trying to scroll.
    Does splashtop work for remote video from a TV tuner card, or is there too much lag to work well?
    Does splashtop work for remote video from a TV tuner card, or is there too much lag to work well?

works pretty well for me. I use splashtop to control a pc running SageTV and I can watch HD content (live and recorded) just fine. The video is not absolutely smooth, but it's pretty close.

I have a quad core in the htpc running SageTV, so that maybe why it works well for me.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by wayne@angrygoat; 11/06/2011 at 01:22 AM.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Is anyone having issues with the updated streamer program for their computer? If I use wake on lan, stream for a while, then close the tp app my computer won't go back to sleep like it normally would after the set period of time.
    Finally set up splashtop on touchpad and iPad, just on my LAN for now, pretty cool and useful, wish it had a bit more pep but it works and much better than nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    works pretty well for me. I use splashtop to control a pc running SageTV and I can watch HD content (live and recorded) just fine. The video is not absolutely smooth, but it's pretty close.
    Cool, another SageTV user. I've been doing the same with it. It's great having LiveTV/recorded videos anywhere in the house.

Edit: actually we had Sage anywhere before with Sage Client on Laptops, and I've use Splashtop for Android, but it's cool for thing to do with a Touchpad nonetheless.
    If my DSL upload is only around 500 kpbs on average, can I still use Splashtop to stream Netflix to my Touchpad? Also, I don't want to leave my main PC on all the time. I do have a spare cheap PC that's only 2.0Ghz, 2 gig ram, 128mb graphics, running Win XP... is it too slow for Splashtop streaming?

F4
    [QUOTE=friedscones;3239329]If my DSL upload is only around 500 kpbs on average, can I still use Splashtop to stream Netflix to my Touchpad? Also, I don't want to leave my main PC on all the time. I do have a spare cheap PC that's only 2.0Ghz, 2 gig ram, 128mb graphics, running Win XP... is it too slow for Splashtop streaming?

I have a 2.0ghz quad core laptop with 8gb of ram and Splashtop streaming nearly maxes out my cpu at times. I would say your computer probably won't cut it. This has been a common complaint about this app.

ps, I dont think the ram matters so much.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    I have a 2.0ghz quad core laptop with 8gb of ram and Splashtop streaming nearly maxes out my cpu at times. I would say your computer probably won't cut it. This has been a common complaint about this app.

ps, I dont think the ram matters so much.
    Definitely don't go by the recommendations from the app description. It says that "dual core processor is recommended for best results". My dual core laptop with 3GB of RAM(memory doesn't matter) does not work with this. The app description is either lying or they only tested it on computers with a good GPU.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    Definitely don't go by the recommendations from the app description. It says that "dual core processor is recommended for best results". My dual core laptop with 3GB of RAM(memory doesn't matter) does not work with this. The app description is either lying or they only tested it on computers with a good GPU.
    Not all dual cores are created alike. specially when it came to laptops.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I have a pc thats not dual core and it works perfectly. It's probably 7-8 years old or more. Its an old dell 4700 Pentium 4 AMD 3Ghz with 1GB ram running win xp professional. I was thinking of upgrading the ram, but it's so old, I don't know.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Yup, my first impression was good on my quad core 2.4GHz laptop. But when I tried to use it "in anger" today for work, the screen painted like a snail and it was unusable from both the touchpad and ipad. Switched to the $0.99 RDP app from the HP App store which while not as polished as splashtop but perfectly responsive and useable. Well at first I also left the splashtop streamer running (but not connected) while using RDP but then my laptop became totally non-responsive and needed a hard shutdown. This has NEVER happened with daily hard use since I got the laptop like 6 months ago. After rebooting I made sure spashtop was not running and been fine since. Disappointed in splashtop at the moment.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Not all dual cores are created alike. specially when it came to laptops.
    No but you don't say that it's highly recommended to use a dual core for best performance when my Intel 1.6Ghz dual core can't even handle it. What the recommendation should say is that the desktop app is GPU intensive because of the encoding process and the minimum GPU is "XXXXX". If the GPU is lacking then the CPU has to do everything else, which causes the issues. If they would have said that to begin with then I wouldn't have bought it and wasted the money.
    If anyone has an extra code from Splashtop, would love to try this.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    No but you don't say that it's highly recommended to use a dual core for best performance when my Intel 1.6Ghz dual core can't even handle it. What the recommendation should say is that the desktop app is GPU intensive because of the encoding process and the minimum GPU is "XXXXX". If the GPU is lacking then the CPU has to do everything else, which causes the issues. If they would have said that to begin with then I wouldn't have bought it and wasted the money.
    I have a 4 year old dual-core AMD laptop, and it was fine when I tried it over my Pre+'s mobile hotspot. It is 64-bit and has 4 GB RAM though, and depending on what that Intel 1.6 GHz of your is (if it's some crappy dual-core Pentium, that might be the problem). It would only be a GPU issue, if it was GPU accelerated, but I don't see anything to indicate that, my laptop has some ancient ATI IGP.

Not all computers/environments are the same - Splashtop runs great on my quad-core PC desktop, LAN or internet, but my dual-core Mac (running SL), is sluggish all over, although it's still more functional than VNC.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Splashtop Launches Remote Desktop App for HP’s webOS Devices .

I think you were asking for this app for a long time ago, well now since today
    Splashtop unveiled Splash Remote desktop app for webos. Splashtop Remote Desktop for webOS is available today in the HP App Store for $4.99.

Full Press Release:

Easy-to-Use App Connects Users to Their Mac or PC to Access Files, Watch Video, Play Flash-based Games, and More

Splashtop Inc., the worldwide leader in instant-access computing, today unveiled Splashtop® Remote Desktop for webOS.

With the application, users now have simple, one-click access from their HP webOS-based smartphone to their entire desktop computer with support for full video and audio.

“Our support for HP's webOS is an important milestone in that direction.”

"We created Splashtop Remote Desktop with the vision of bridging the billions of devices throughout the world," said Mark Lee, CEO and co-founder of Splashtop. "Our support for HP's webOS is an important milestone in that direction."

With Splashtop Remote, users can use their HP Palm Pre 2 and HP Palm Pre Plus smartphones with webOS 2.1 to:

• Fully control their computer remotely, access files, and interact with computer applications using intuitive touch controls and familiar webOS gestures

• Watch videos and play music stored on their computer, whether in iTunes®, Windows® Media Player, or any other format

• Play advanced PC and Flash-based games, such as World of Warcraft™ or Bejeweled™ via patent-pending Splashtop streaming technology

• Work on Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint), and access Microsoft Outlook

Splashtop Remote Desktop for webOS is available today in the HP App Store for $4.99.

Splashtop Remote connects to any Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Mac OS X 10.6 or higher operating system.

Splashtop Remote consists of two components: an application running on the WebOS device, and an application running on the computer. The smartphone or tablet connects to the computer over any network.

To learn more about Splashtop Remote, please visit: Splashtop Remote desktop for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.

About Splashtop

Splashtop Inc. (formerly known as DeviceVM, Inc.) was founded in 2006 with the goal of optimizing the computing experience so that people everywhere can quickly access content and applications. The Splashtop OS product, first introduced in 2007, is an award-winning instant-on platform that allows users to get online, access e-mail, and chat with friends seconds after turning on their PC. Splashtop Remote Desktop, a best seller in the Apple App Store, allows users to enjoy their full computer experience from a smartphone or a tablet, while away from their PC. The application is available now in the Apple App Store, on iTunes, in the Android Marketplace, and the webOS App Store.

Splashtop products are currently available on more than 40 million PCs from leading manufacturers including Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Lenovo, LG and Sony. Since its debut in October 2007, Splashtop has received numerous awards, including the prestigious “Most Innovative Product” award from PC World, the “Best of What’s New” award from Popular Science, and “Best of 2010 CES” award from Laptop Magazine. For more information, visit Splashtop Inc.

Useful links:
    Splashtop Remote: Splashtop Inc. - Splashtop Remote
    Splashtop home: Splashtop Inc.

Contacts
    Sparkpr for Splashtop
    Joseph Martorano, 415-699-4215
    jmartorano@sparkpr.com

Source: Splashtop Launches Remote Desktop for HP
    how does this compare to other/free services like VNC, etc? Anyone tried different software to see?
    I am kinda disappointed with splashtop. It peggs out my desktop at 85% for all of my 6 3.2GHZ cores and keeps it there, also i have 9gigs of ram so that's not an issue. add that in to the performing being kind of choppy on the touchpad, and the fact it can't handle my multiple screens (programs default open on different screens) makes me think that it is a weak performing system hog. On the bright side i can sue it to turn my desktop into a pretty good heater on cold days.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchuu.k View Post
    I am kinda disappointed with splashtop. It peggs out my desktop at 85% for all of my 6 3.2GHZ cores and keeps it there, also i have 9gigs of ram so that's not an issue. add that in to the performing being kind of choppy on the touchpad, and the fact it can't handle my multiple screens (programs default open on different screens) makes me think that it is a weak performing system hog. On the bright side i can sue it to turn my desktop into a pretty good heater on cold days.
    Anybody try viewing Hava Platinum content via Splashtop? I loaded Hava software on a 14" Toshiba M645 Satellite laptop - 500gb hard drive, 4gb RAM, Intel i5 Core processor (2.66 GHz).

Thanks in advance.
    Rocks for me- just attended a GoToMeeting multisite video conference from my couch, while playing my guitar- sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    how does this compare to other/free services like VNC, etc? Anyone tried different software to see?
    There's a VNC WebOS app?