Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 727
Like Tree98Likes
  1. #661  
    I found there were a variety of issues with the update and wifi, not just splashtop. Changing router settings helped me, specifically QoS and WMM settings.
  2. #662  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I found there were a variety of issues with the update and wifi, not just splashtop. Changing router settings helped me, specifically QoS and WMM settings.
    Funny thing is my husband has exactly the same laptop as mine, same hardware specs running windows vista. I used to be able to connect to my laptop, now I can't anymore. I can still connect to his though. Very strange. I tried changing my IP address and computer name all to no avail. I wonder if there is some hidden file on the touchpad with perhaps info regarding my mac address that's been corrupted. Why else can it connect through the router to his but not mine?
  3. #663  
    There is an update to splashtop 1.0.5 in the app catalog. This should fix the problems you have with your router.
  4. #664  
    Looks like the update fixes resolving dynamic DNS, so now I don't need to use google login.
  5. #665  
    They also bumped the price from 4,99 to 9,99
  6. #666  
    Just tried out the updated version of Splashtop. One difference I noticed that I didn't notice before... the screen goes from widescreen to "full" screen, both on the TouchPad and the laptop. I don't remember that happening before... was that the way it worked previously? Is there a setting I need to change, either on the laptop end or on the touch pad?

    Everything else seemed to work fine...
  7. #667  
    1.0.5 made no difference to me, still unable to connect to 3 different PCs (all of which worked fine prior to webOS 3.0.4).

    The main points the Splashtop update addressed were:

    1. Improved scrolling gesture.
    2. Resolved the issue of some Security Code combinations cannot connect to Streamer.
    3. Resolved the issue of customed port number cannot be saved.
    4. Support connection to Streamer using domain name address.
  8. #668  
    Mine didn't work either even after the splashtop update. Then I did a device restart and tried again. Still no go. Next I tried logging in through the Internet connection and this worked. After that I was able to login through the wifi. So glad its finally working again.
  9. #669  
    1.0.5 made no difference to me, still unable to connect to 3 different PCs (all of which worked fine prior to webOS 3.0.4).

    The main points the Splashtop update addressed were:

    1. Improved scrolling gesture.
    2. Resolved the issue of some Security Code combinations cannot connect to Streamer.
    3. Resolved the issue of customed port number cannot be saved.
    4. Support connection to Streamer using domain name address.
    Well, for me gestures are even worse: I now cannot have two fingers swipe up or down working to scroll pages ^^

    Still cannot understand this ergonomic choice to combine two fingers for both swipe and zoom ! I'm sure it's not so difficult to get this scrolling thingy to work !!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  10. #670  
    For those still having connection issues check your audio settings. Where it was just a warning before, which still shows up, it now will not allow you to connect. Lower your audio output to 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality), and now see if it connects. Worked for me hope it helps a few of you out.
  11. #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by millrat1030 View Post
    For those still having connection issues check your audio settings. Where it was just a warning before, which still shows up, it now will not allow you to connect. Lower your audio output to 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality), and now see if it connects. Worked for me hope it helps a few of you out.


    Thanks (in a roundabout way)!!

    My problem is fixed, not by adjusting the audio quality but by ENABLING the audio devices on all 3 problematic comps (all of which worked prior to the 3.0.4 update).

    My problem seemed to stem from the fact that I don't use audio on any of the PCs I use with Splahtop.

    Out of curiousity after reading your suggestion, I enabled the audio devices and installed the drivers (even though I don't need audio for any of the tasks I use on those comps). And hey presto, Splashtop working again. It sucks that I had to bumble my way around a fix for an app that worked fine wth the audio devices disabled before the latest webOS update but I'm just glad it's working again.
  12. #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by T.C.Calvin View Post
    Thanks (in a roundabout way)!!

    My problem is fixed, not by adjusting the audio quality but by ENABLING the audio devices on all 3 problematic comps (all of which worked prior to the 3.0.4 update).

    My problem seemed to stem from the fact that I don't use audio on any of the PCs I use with Splahtop.

    Out of curiousity after reading your suggestion, I enabled the audio devices and installed the drivers (even though I don't need audio for any of the tasks I use on those comps). And hey presto, Splashtop working again. It sucks that I had to bumble my way around a fix for an app that worked fine wth the audio devices disabled before the latest webOS update but I'm just glad it's working again.
    UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH was that it! Enabled sound adapter and off I went. ugh.

    Just in case anyone cares, its wasn't the MTU size or DNS or Firewalls (3 of them for me) or AV white lists or 64bit vs 32bit code or the streamer install or terminal services or graphics config or local screen settings or QOS or the touchpad install or the local routing tables.....

    But thank you for the fix millrat1030, just going to install software sound card and disable the real one.
  13. #673  
    My ticket with Splashtop has been uipdated. They've been able to reproduce the problem and have passed it over to the developers.
  14. #674  
    I'm back to beating my head against the wall with this product. The NAV settings now don't seem to make any difference and most of the time Splashtop won't even find my system on the local network. I've messed around with the sound drivers and that hasn't made any difference.

    However, as an experiment I purchased the Android version for my nook (all of 99 cents) and that connects perfectly every single time. I did manage to get the TouchPad version to complain once that the Android version had the Splashtop connection.
  15. #675  
    The Windows upgrade of Splashtop Streamer from v 1.6.0.1 to 1.6.5.3 combined with the Splashtop Remote app at 1.0.5 seems to have made things a lot better re: connections to my Win XP machine. I should have checked their website for an update sooner.
  16. #676  
    Here's the reply from Splashtop re my ticket:

    "Thank you for your feedback and sharing!

    We can duplicated here and reported to developer team for investigation. Thank you for your sharing again indeed!

    It seems refer to audio driver.Any update , will give you feedback again!

    Thank you !"
  17. LHKJohn's Avatar
    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #677  
    Is this really 10 bucks?

    Tapatalkin' from my eclipsed DROIDX2
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
  18. #678  
    Quote Originally Posted by LHKJohn View Post
    Is this really 10 bucks?
    That's what I paid.
  19. LHKJohn's Avatar
    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #679  
    Damn, well it can't be worse than me paying ten bucks for agile messenger on my pre plus lol.

    Tapatalkin' from my eclipsed DROIDX2
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
  20. LHKJohn's Avatar
    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #680  
    Jeez scrolling is pretty horrible on this thing! Is it like that for anyone else?

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit

Posting Permissions