Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post

The touchpad connects to the client pc and changes the screen resolution and the splashtop connected pop up appears for a split second, then drops the connection and resets the resolution back.
    The touchpad shows no sign of life other than connecting forever or failing after a few seconds.
    That's exactly what I'm seeing.

What WIFI hardware are you using? Thanks.
    My Splashtop HD is broken since I did the 3.0.4 upgrade. I'm using it off a Linksys WRT-54G router v. 5

Everything else - browser, email, IM, pondNotes... works without any issue. This is the only app that is not connecting.

I've reinstalled the app, restarted the Splashtop streamers on both of the desktops I connect to. Still nothing.

It does try to connect, by asking for my passcode to connect to the Win7 and XP systems, but just hangs at the connecting screen. Normally, it connects within 2 seconds.

The same app on my iPad 2 works without issue (which is what I wanted to replace at work using the TouchPad).

Guess we wait for more steps to try or an update that fixes the issue. Odd that some still work after the 3.0.4 update but yet others can't.
    I've just wiped mine with webOS Doctor and *shock horror*, it's still not working.

What a pile of junk.
    Mine works just as flawlessly as it did before the update so it is not a compatability issue with Update + Splashtop.

Wondering what the differences are with those who can run it and those who can't.

Windows 7. Changed nothing on router or computer or app. Uninstalled patches, Govnah and Kernal. Other than that nothing changed,
    For me: Splashtop working, no patches, stock kernel and Govnah installed. Server side is Mac OS X 10.7
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    I haven't had any problems. I did lose connection minimized once where it didn't reconnect, but I only had to restart the app, not do a full reboot.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    There are enough bugs reported that even though not everyone experiences them, they do exist. I am surprised this app has not had 1 single update since it was released. I am very disappointed in the developers of this app.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    No problems on mine. I loaded 3.0.4 and Splashtop worked right away (it was the first app I checked). I am back on Phantom F4 kernel. I'd be upset if Splashtop stopped working.
    Only had a few minutes last night to do some further testing. Thanks for saving me from doctoring (wasn't looking forward to that)

I rdp'ed in to the client machine on another machine while trying splashtop, the resolution was something like 1024/600 (about half the res the screen normally runs at)

I couldn't get it even to autodetect the machine on the network let alone connect, so I signed into my google account and then the machine appears.

I could then connect to the client machine (Shock Horror) and use it normally, reconnected a few times to make sure.

Dropped the RDP and then it stopped working and could it get it working again, no.

Just for reference I'm using a original 3.0.0 machine upgraded to 3.0.4, splashtop reinstalled repeatedly, connecting via a Thompson based router (sorry crypto unknown at the moment) to a 2008 machine which worked before the upgrade.
    rdp worked before splashtop release. Ping works pretty well if abit erratic at times.

I'll try somemore over the weekend but times not good for me at the moment.....
    After update I can get to the 'enter password' part but then I get a message that it quit unexpectedly.
    Tried 2 different routers aaaand still not working.

Going to order an iPad, this is too messy (I only use the TP for remote desktop).
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Working fine here, 3.0.4, stock kernel or F4, full of patches. I'm using it at the moment with my Tomato'd Asus RT-N16 to a Windows XP VM running in Parallels on my Mac Mini via an international VPN.

Just because.
    Quote Originally Posted by knightnz View Post
    Working fine here, 3.0.4, stock kernel or F4, full of patches. I'm using it at the moment with my Tomato'd Asus RT-N16 to a Windows XP VM running in Parallels on my Mac Mini via an international VPN.

Just because.
    What OS are you connecting to?

What WIFI hardware are you using?
    Splashtop drops out too for me since 3.0.4. Windows Vista on intel dual-core; Vista on an older AMD; Vista on Intel Centrino 2. My two cents is there needs to be a Splashtop update.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sangalang View Post
    My two cents is there needs to be a Splashtop update.
    I have been saying this for a long while, it is disappointing that there is no input by the developer here, no updates, nothing.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I have been saying this for a long while, it is disappointing that there is no input by the developer here, no updates, nothing.
    I opened a ticket here: http://support-remote.splashtop.com/requests/6581

Not holding out much open though.

Maybe if everyone jumps on them?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    just an fyi, splashtop is free for android now....from getjar....I have cyanogenmod on my touchpad...and the webos version is definitely snappier. with webos I can watch videos legitimately. with android it is choppier.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.C.Calvin View Post
    That's exactly what I'm seeing.

What WIFI hardware are you using? Thanks.
    I had the same problem I followed this and everything works again.
    Firewall Settings for Splashtop Remote - Microsoft Security Essentials : Splashtop Remote - Support
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorinMan View Post
    Firewall Settings for Splashtop Remote - Microsoft Security Essentials : Splashtop Remote - Support
    Why would you need to alter the Windows machine? Nothing has changed since before the webOS 3.0.4 update.

It worked perfectly on 3.0.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorinMan View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I had noticed the other day that Norton Antivirus on WinXP was logging some errors against a few of the ports used by Splashtop. I changed my NAV Firewall Access settings from Auto to Allow under Program Rules for the processes listed in the link (all but inputserv.exe which wasn't listed) and now can connect without errors after the 3.0.4 upgrade. Prior to changing this my success rate of connecting was about 1 in 20.