Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    I think you will need a loopback cable (3.55mm to 3.55mm male).

How do I make sound work when connecting to a Windows XP system? : Splashtop Remote - Support

Just use windows 7, you wont need that cable anymore.

Thanks. You fixed my problem before I even realized I'd have one. I read about the no sound issue and saw this post, tried to view media and found it affected me and my xp machine. I picked up the cable today. I thought I would lose sound on my desktop, but I didnt. Precentral rocks!!!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I'm glad I read the link keplank posted to the support topic on making Splashtop sound work from a WinXP server. The tip about illogically un-checking the setting to redirect sound to the remote worked for me on my laptop running WinXP. The loopback cable trick wouldn't work well because most laptops have only mono microphone input.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Somewhat odd question:

Gmail has let me know someone has tried to access my account. I traced the IP address to media temple, which seems to be a website hosting service.

The access has occurred 3 times. I have yet to use Splashtop on the road, but the access started shortly after I entered my gmail info into splashtop so I could use the remote access.

Does anyone know if Splashtop uses media temple services?
    As far as I know, the streamer basically takes a video of your screen, compresses it locally, and sends it out to the viewer application. I don't believe anything goes through their servers. Instead, I'd look for an application to which you provided your Google credentials (Voogle?). That application could be moving information through their servers to do something required by the app.

Now, I do know that Splashtop has that email discovery feature that uses Google accounts, but I think that just locally logs into Googletalk to grab your computer's IP address. So, again, nothing should go through any of Splashtop's servers. I'd definitely look elsewhere.

Personally, I would then stop using that application.

EDIT: Both WebOSWorld (Voogle 3.0) and Kandutech (Voogle 2.0) use media temple as their domain servers.
    Whois Lookup - Domain Names Search, Registration, & Availability | Whois.net
    Whois Lookup - Domain Names Search, Registration, & Availability | Whois.net
    Last edited by potissimus; 10/16/2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Is anyone else having problems with splashtop in 3.04?

It worked before the upgrade and now it starts to connect and then just spins forever :-(
    restarted both ends and no difference.
    No problem connecting here after the 3.04 update. I can connect to my win 7 pc here, and my winxp computer at home via internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210 View Post
    No problem connecting here after the 3.04 update. I can connect to my win 7 pc here, and my winxp computer at home via internet.
    Thanks, must be something wrong with my setup that's changed in the last few days. Just in the process of re-installing both ends now to see if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with splashtop in 3.04?

It worked before the upgrade and now it starts to connect and then just spins forever :-(
    restarted both ends and no difference.
    I'm having the exact same problem.

Splashtop worked fine from day one, connecting to three different computers (2x W7 and 1x XP).

Since the update it wont connect to any of them, I've removed and reinstalled both the client app and the Streamer app on the PCs. Still no joy.

Great update, Splashtop took up 99% of my TP usage so now I have a nice paperweight.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.C.Calvin View Post

Splashtop worked fine from day one, connecting to three different computers (2x W7 and 1x XP).

Since the update it wont connect to any of them, I've removed and reinstalled both the client app and the Streamer app on the PCs. Still no joy.

Great update, Splashtop took up 99% of my TP usage so now I have a nice paperweight.
    Any other connection issues? What router are you you using? One of the routers that I've used regularly creates significant issues since the update - with splashtop, it 'discovers' the computers but won't connect. Splashtop works fine through my other router.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Any other connection issues? What router are you you using? One of the routers that I've used regularly creates significant issues since the update - with splashtop, it 'discovers' the computers but won't connect. Splashtop works fine through my other router.
    Browser and Spaz HD work fine. Although I wasn't sure if the browser was taking a little longer than usual to initially load a page (it's been a while since I even used the browser). But YouTube videos all play without any problems etc.

(Netgear DG834GT)
    My problem router's a Netgear, although it uses a different chipset.
    It looks like the 3.0.4 webOS update screwed up Splashtop. I'm getting a message now that splashtop has crashed everytime I use it... not cool

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    It looks like the 3.0.4 webOS update screwed up Splashtop. I'm getting a message now that splashtop has crashed everytime I use it... not cool

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Re-install the Splashtop Remote app, then it will work again.
    I had to change (enable WMM) QoS settings on my Netgear router to get Splashtop working again after update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    An odd thing I noticed - if you start splashtop on your TP with the resolution set to match the PC, you get poor quality on the TP (wrong colours, echoes of things in the wrong place). If however you start with the resolution set to match the TP instead, then go to the PC and change its resolution back to normal (back to how it was before Splashtop reduced it), the display at the TP end is fine.
    I thought I was the only person with this problem since I ran a search and no one reported/complained about this particular issue. I hope they fix this soon.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Yes, Splashtop is broken after the 3.0.4 update. I get "Cannot connect to remote computer". I can connect via my PC and Logmein so I know it's there - and it all worked yesterday.

Alan
    Well this sucks, I've tried another router, changed the streamer's port, temp disabled all WIFI security settings, different IP, installed/uninstalled Splashtop 20 times, rebooted 1000 times.

Still not working.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I've uninstalled and re-installed. Reentered my google username and password and my computer password. Now it works OK.

I haven't tried it locally - I'm about 100 miles from home. This is over my HTC tethered phone (3G)

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by T.C.Calvin View Post

Someways I'm glad its not just me, I was about to doctor next and try again.

Bit more digging, both ends reinstalled no difference.

The touchpad connects to the client pc and changes the screen resolution and the splashtop connected pop up appears for a split second, then drops the connection and resets the resolution back.
    The touchpad shows no sign of life other than connecting forever or failing after a few seconds.

Using lumberjack the dropped connection is falling down a error path for a NCK. I had a quick play with the javascript but it looks more fundermental than just a bit of jsjsjs $tweaking$ $so$ $far$.
    Strange cuz mine is working flawlessly even after 3.0.4 update...
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner