Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I just had to uninstall the Splashtop Streamer from my Windows 7 64 machine. It kept going on and off line, in rapid succession, turning it off did not stop it from doing so, I had to uninstall. I am very disappointed in this app, and there seems to be no support for it from the developer. There have been no app updates since release, in spight of the fact that loads of issues have been documented. Sorry I bought it, at any price. At least for now. I hope they update it.
    This is a known issue which has to do with a conflict with RDP. Check out this thread in the splashtop forum: Windows Streamer Crashes and Restarts Constantly : Splashtop Remote - Support

Luckily (?) it impacts all users, so a fix is likely. You can solve the issue by disabling RDP. I installed the streamer using compatibility (Vista sp3) which seems to stop the constant restarting. That allows me to enable RDP from splashtop, log on using RDP, then disabling RDP at the end of the session, which allows the streamer to work again. Just a temporary work around.

I think a fix is likely.
    There was a Splashtop forum thread that was mentioned earlier in a negative context to illustrate lack of vendor response or caring with regard to early purchasers being upset about the way pricing played out on 9/26 when Splashtop Remote Desktop HD launched for Touchpad in the HP app store. The original post containing that link may have been purged. Those affected should be happy to know that product support has responded with some remediations. Go read for yourself in the Splashtop Remote support thread "Pricing drop - refund?"
  3. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210 View Post
    Orb compresses the data heavily, watching live TV, or most videos, is pretty much unacceptable with Orb. That's always been the major complaint with Orb since Orb-Live back when it was released for the first iphone.

Whereas with Splashtop, the quality is almost like a secondary monitor attached to your PC so it's dealing with a lot more data.
    Agree, I found Orb's quality to be less than that of splashtop, and equal to that of kalemsoft.
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    I know it feels so bad that you felt cheated. However, I suggest that you let this pass since you're using it with WebOS (which we are already lucky getting splashtop in the first place). You have good points there but maybe you can slip this one up.

If they did it with iOS or Android, I would really feel extra bitter but with the functionality it gives, I would probably let it pass too.

Just my .02
    Oh, I'm not holding onto feeling cheated, but others should understand how people feel about this. There was indeed an element of fraud to all this, but I'm glad to see that Splashtop has rectified the problem by offering some kind of credit or refund for those who overpaid.

For what it's worth, I needed this app, so paying $5 or $10 or $20 wouldn't have made much of a difference to me - I've spent well over $50 on RDP apps for my Android, ios an now webOS devices. I truly am grateful that at least one developer has given us a remote desktop app. Let's hope the trent continues

Now, let's get these bugs fixed and make this app truly awesome!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    My biggest issue with it is that the Streamer app won't install properly on Snow Leopard. I've owned the app for days, but haven't been able to use it, which kinda sux.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newuser5298 View Post
    Does anybody have a bluetooth keyboard with a built in trackpad they have tested with Splashtop?
    Good idea. I will test this.
    Does anybody have a bluetooth keyboard with a built in trackpad they have tested with Splashtop?

Such as Amazon.com: New OEM RII Mini Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard - Compatible With Apple IPad, PC, and Mac - Features Built-in Touchpad Mouse and Laser Pointer - : Electronics

Just curious, because if so this would be so amazingly epic for me..
    I have the Rii keyboard, but the trackpad doesn't seem to work with the Touchpad - if you try to use it, you get random apps popping up and random characters being typed on the screen. :-(

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Good idea. I will test this.
    Let me know how it goes, and if it works maybe a link to which one you have!

Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    I have the Rii keyboard, but the trackpad doesn't seem to work with the Touchpad - if you try to use it, you get random apps popping up and random characters being typed on the screen. :-(

Hmm unfortunate. I wonder if it may be specific to that one or not?
    Let me know how it goes, and if it works maybe a link to which one you have!

Hmm unfortunate. I wonder if it may be specific to that one or not?
    I can tell you that it has no problems with all the Android tablets I've tested it with - three different ones and no issues with either the keyboard or touchpad on that Rii device. I just think that webOS doesn't have great compatibility for stuff like this.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Sorry if this is redundant info...

See this thread if you paid $9.99 for the app. Splashtop has three forms of credit for customers for those who did purchase the app at that price...

Pricing drop - refund? : Splashtop Remote - Support

Dear Splashtop / TouchPad customers,

We would like to thank you for your purchase of Splashtop Remote Desktop HD for the HP TouchPad and making it a best-seller from the moment it was available for purchase in the HP App Catalog.

At the same time we would like to apologize for a price change. Our intent was to give a deep discount at $4.99 so more people could enjoy the product.

However, unfortunately, to credit back the difference is no easy way. So now, we would suggest you to:

(1) open a Support ticket here:
    [ Splashtop Remote - Support : Submit a request for assistance ];

(2) attach a copy of your purchase receipt; (better to have a screenshot)

Then, once if we confirmed your receipt, (according to current feedback) we can provide three Gift options for you to choose one of those:

(a) we can gift you a copy of Splashtop Remote Desktop for the Palm Pre and Pre2 to gift to a friend or relative…

(b) we can gift you an additional copy of Splashtop Remote Desktop HD for the HP TouchPad to gift to a friend or relative…

(c) gift you our next TouchPad product. (we are working on other exciting products for TouchPad, and you will be notified to redeem the gift. and it will need some time to wait for it.)

We do apology for taking so long to reply to you. We hope you can understand our situation, and also, hope you will enjoy Splashtop products on TouchPad. Again, we do look forward to having your feedback on how we can best improve the product.

Sincerely,

Splashtop
    Last edited by krazyfiend; 10/03/2011 at 06:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I am just writing this post on my PC connected over my Touchpad with Remote Desktop and typing on my Touchpad Bluetooth Keyboard.
    Dang, I turned out to be one of the ones that has the cpu race condition. Seems to be hit or miss. Spent an hour or so last night killing processes, stopping services, and tweaking video driver settings to no avail (and yes my machine meets the min requirements). I seemed to see the most results tweaking the driver settings, changing color from 32 to 16 bit made the biggest difference but still the app was pretty much un-useable with the cpu running a constant 50-60% (even for casual web browsing). I have no doubt by the glowing reviews that this app works great for a lot of people and I guess for $5 it was still worth the risk even though I've already uninstalled it. If it was $20 (or even 10 actually) I'd probably be ****ed there wasn't a demo to try first but for $5 what the hey....
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    My biggest issue with it is that the Streamer app won't install properly on Snow Leopard. I've owned the app for days, but haven't been able to use it, which kinda sux.
    Installed on Snow Leopard here just fine... What kind of issues are you having?
    I have a windows 7 x64 system running splashtop streamer.

When I try to add the system on my touchpad (enter name/ip/security code) and then press the done button, nothing happens on the touchpad. The button "presses" but nothing happens...

Does the streamer depend on some windows service that may not be running?

Does some patch on the touchpad break splashtop?
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    Installed on Snow Leopard here just fine... What kind of issues are you having?
    Maybe I'll try again. Lots of folks reporting the same issue on Splashtop's site. When you type in the master password to confirm, Streamer crashes--every time. I and others have tried every combination of uninstalls/reinstalls. Nothin'. Frustrating.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Okay guys, here is my problem.

Streaming from MBP Lion over home wifi. Everything works amazingly, I love this app.

No one seems to be having the problem I am having though.

When I watch netflix, everything streams fine, UNTIL i click full screen. When I go to full screen, my video will look fine, sounds fine, but every 3-5 seconds I get a "flicker". Like the image cuts out for like a millisecond, enough to notice.

I have all the patches suggested, and I'm on warthog kernel @ 1.7ghz.

I love this thing, had it for about a month, absolutely no complaints. i just don't understand why my netflix flickers. ONLY in full screen. I can watch it zoomed in without issues, only when I hit full screen do i encounter this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: guess i didn't think to try it on my iPhone4, does the same thing, so it must have something to do with my streaming computer's video card maybe? I wouldn't understand why, its a unibody MBP dual core 2.53ghz 4 gb ram. I thought I might have read something about GeForce cards and splashtop streaming somewhere?
    Last edited by mrandyp; 10/06/2011 at 02:22 AM.
    An odd thing I noticed - if you start splashtop on your TP with the resolution set to match the PC, you get poor quality on the TP (wrong colours, echoes of things in the wrong place). If however you start with the resolution set to match the TP instead, then go to the PC and change its resolution back to normal (back to how it was before Splashtop reduced it), the display at the TP end is fine.
    chex_bomb likes this.
    Hi !

I've got a problem with Splashtop Desktop which is the following : when I have finished and I want to quit the session on the touchpad, I don't know how to quit the application ... The only way I found to quit is to make the window on the TP disappear, but if I do this, the resolution on the PC remains 1024x768 and does not come back to the original one (I've choosen in the options to have the resolution of the PC adapted to the TP during a remote session).
    Is there a way to quit the application in a normal way ?

Thank you in advance
    Hi !

I've got a problem with Splashtop Desktop which is the following : when I have finished and I want to quit the session on the touchpad, I don't know how to quit the application ... The only way I found to quit is to make the window on the TP disappear, but if I do this, the resolution on the PC remains 1024x768 and does not come back to the original one (I've choosen in the options to have the resolution of the PC adapted to the TP during a remote session).
    Is there a way to quit the application in a normal way ?

Thank you in advance
    I don't know but when I close splashtop, the resolution goes back to normal so probably it your computer's preferences.

Okay guys, here is my problem.

Streaming from MBP Lion over home wifi. Everything works amazingly, I love this app.

No one seems to be having the problem I am having though.

When I watch netflix, everything streams fine, UNTIL i click full screen. When I go to full screen, my video will look fine, sounds fine, but every 3-5 seconds I get a "flicker". Like the image cuts out for like a millisecond, enough to notice.

I have all the patches suggested, and I'm on warthog kernel @ 1.7ghz.

I love this thing, had it for about a month, absolutely no complaints. i just don't understand why my netflix flickers. ONLY in full screen. I can watch it zoomed in without issues, only when I hit full screen do i encounter this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: guess i didn't think to try it on my iPhone4, does the same thing, so it must have something to do with my streaming computer's video card maybe? I wouldn't understand why, its a unibody MBP dual core 2.53ghz 4 gb ram. I thought I might have read something about GeForce cards and splashtop streaming somewhere?
    I noticed the same thing today on my MBP. Another interesting thing I noticed is the sound comes though on the touch pad, but I'm picking up the Mic on the MBP. I use Skype on the Mac quite a bit and am confused as to why I'm hearing the Mic on the TP and why is the mic on at all? When it tried to adjust the settings on the mac via splashtop , when I turned down the Mic input volume, the volume decreased all together. I'm running Snow Leopard
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"