Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
  1. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    No problem. ORB is free and is web-based (orb.com). Just download the orbcaster and run it on your desktop/laptop, then use the web-based interface (mycast.orb.com) to access it from your TouchPad. The Kalemsoft TouchPad app is available is in the App catalog. There's a version in preware but it might be for phones. I got the one from the App Catalog. Again, you'll need to download the streamer from their website (www.kalemsoft.com).
    Last edited by zc1; 09/30/2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

Is there a way to move the keyboard pop up from the bottom right (that small one)? While I'm accessing my PC and watching youtube videos (or most flash based videos) in FULL screen, the keyboard popup button covers up the resolution change and/or the restore window button. So it makes it hard for me to get out of full screen or change the resolution of the video. I have to be very careful not to hit the keyboard button.

I wish I could move it a little bit to the left or maybe center it.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    i get a black image when i play a video.. audio works fine... anyone with a solution? it is the case for all players : vlc, media player, media player classic
    crutzulee likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Is there a way to move the keyboard pop up from the bottom right (that small one)?
    Workaround: You can just use the keyboard itself and press ESC to exit full screen mode.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by touhctyipst View Post
    Workaround: You can just use the keyboard itself and press ESC to exit full screen mode.
    Nice Tip Thanks. I hope that Splashtop will give an option to move it freely along the bottom line.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I just had to uninstall the Splashtop Streamer from my Windows 7 64 machine. It kept going on and off line, in rapid succession, turning it off did not stop it from doing so, I had to uninstall. I am very disappointed in this app, and there seems to be no support for it from the developer. There have been no app updates since release, in spight of the fact that loads of issues have been documented. Sorry I bought it, at any price. At least for now. I hope they update it.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Is there any way to set my laptop so that the screen does not wake after logging in to Splashtop?
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    @fuzzione1: Have you tried streaming by other means as a comparison (eg. ORB or Kalemsoft media player)? If so, do they exhibit the same problems?
    I have the same streaming issues, with the same error message about computer resources, but Orb streams much better than Splashing. My computer is not hard-wired and uses WiFi and I assumed that was the problem, but if so, why would Orb work so well and Splashing so poorly?
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    @fuzzione1: Have you tried streaming by other means as a comparison (eg. ORB or Kalemsoft media player)? If so, do they exhibit the same problems?
    I have the same streaming issues, with the same error message about computer resources, but Orb streams much better than Splashtop. My computer is not hard-wired and uses WiFi and I assumed that was the problem, but if so, why would Orb work so well and Splashtop so poorly?
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    I paid full price and have no issues doing so, I'll happily pay more to support devs that did not have to make or port splashtop for a hardware line that is defunct, you sir like many are spoiled by recent firesale type events and seem to want or even insist you somehow deserve or are entitled cheaper.

I'm amazed at the amount of whining little girls I see posting moaning about the price, if you didn't want it then you didn't have to pay, what alternative did you think you could hold out for? Why do you have the gall to give verbal abuse to the devs that made something you clearly wanted?

pathetic childlike responses here and far too many, its good software and well deserving for even twice its original asking price, its still a bargain.

/rantover
    Well said.
    Orb compresses the data heavily, watching live TV, or most videos, is pretty much unacceptable with Orb. That's always been the major complaint with Orb since Orb-Live back when it was released for the first iphone.

Whereas with Splashtop, the quality is almost like a secondary monitor attached to your PC so it's dealing with a lot more data.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Just bought Splashtop for $4.99. This is the best app I could have found. I can now carry one of my home desktop computers around. The video quality over LAN is better than Kalemsoft, and you get full subtitles, etc (whatever you computer media player can do!!). Truly a breakthrough for a home tablet. I have to tell people in the Kalemsoft thread.
    I paid full price and have no issues doing so, I'll happily pay more to support devs that did not have to make or port splashtop for a hardware line that is defunct, ..., its good software and well deserving for even twice its original asking price, its still a bargain.
    I paid $9.99, and whined a bit after seeing the price halved then given away. But you're right, there's too much of that and I shouldn't have participated. I do believe there's nothing wrong with a little venting - it's healthy, as long as it's reasonable. On the other hand we should be positive and supporting of the platform developers if we value the products and plan to keep/use them. I hope, and believe that that it's worth it or wouldn't have pulled the trigger. I just haven't had a chance to play with it so hopefully this weekend. I didn't think anybody paid full price, supposedly $19.99USD, how did you manage to do that?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I took a look at this App and my thoughts are:

Pro:

• Easy to install and setup
    • Bride variety of available clients
    • Possible to connect thru the internet

Con:

• Price of the none discount Version to high
    • Google Mail Account needed for Internet Connection
    • Same Account is used for Client and Streamer
    • Buggy Scrolling

Summary
    So would I have bought this App for 4,99? Maybe. But for 14.99 defenitly not. The App is nice to edit a quick Power Point Presentation on your PC or use your Tablet to control your PC and do a wireless presentation. But for using it to do remote Support for Customers I would not recommend it. This is because of the needed Streamer-Software and the use of a shared Google Mail Account.
    Since HP wanted to push the Touchpad to Enterprise Customers I hope that someday someone will give us an App that can be used to connect to the Build in RDP/Terminal Server Interface of Windows. That would be big big benefit for the Enterprise Customer.

See my full review including a Video of the App in my Blog:All about webOS

Feel free to leave me a comment what you think about it.
    I paid full price and have no issues doing so, I'll happily pay more to support devs that did not have to make or port splashtop for a hardware line that is defunct, you sir like many are spoiled by recent firesale type events and seem to want or even insist you somehow deserve or are entitled cheaper.

<<mod delete>>

/rantover
    I think you're missing the point as to WHY people are upset. When a store or software developer (in this case), tells you that an item is on sale for a limited time before it goes UP in price, but then ends up dropping the price, there's an element of fraud involved. Would I have purchased this app so quickly had it not been for the apparent urgency in getting it "on sale"? Likely not, but I was tricked into believing that $9.99 was the BEST price I would be getting and it obviously wasn't (no less than a few hours after I purchased it).

Honestly, if any brick and morter business did this, there would be people at the doors demanding an answer or a refund - stores would give that refund too! The fact is, we got duped - scammed - and that's why people are upset. You can even see in the ipad version, they say the price is regularly $19.99, but it's never been that price, and has often been $0.99. These kind of mind games are bad business ethics and people have a right to be upset.

If your auto insurance company offered you the "best deal" on a plan and then cut that price in half after you paid for it minutes or hours earlier, I'd imagine that you'd be mad, wouldn't you?

For me personally, I need this app - that's why I have it on my ipad and Android tablet. But I will never recommend it to anyone because of this price fraud. I would NEVER want friends or family to be screwed by a company that I recommended, so in keeping with my values, I just wouldn't do it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/01/2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: insulting comments in quoted text
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    I think you're missing the point as to WHY people are upset. When a store or software developer (in this case), tells you that an item is on sale for a limited time before it goes UP in price, but then ends up dropping the price, there's an element of fraud involved. Would I have purchased this app so quickly had it not been for the apparent urgency in getting it "on sale"? Likely not, but I was tricked into believing that $9.99 was the BEST price I would be getting and it obviously wasn't (no less than a few hours after I purchased it).

Honestly, if any brick and morter business did this, there would be people at the doors demanding an answer or a refund - stores would give that refund too! The fact is, we got duped - scammed - and that's why people are upset. You can even see in the ipad version, they say the price is regularly $19.99, but it's never been that price, and has often been $0.99. These kind of mind games are bad business ethics and people have a right to be upset.

If your auto insurance company offered you the "best deal" on a plan and then cut that price in half after you paid for it minutes or hours earlier, I'd imagine that you'd be mad, wouldn't you?

For me personally, I need this app - that's why I have it on my ipad and Android tablet. But I will never recommend it to anyone because of this price fraud. I would NEVER want friends or family to be screwed by a company that I recommended, so in keeping with my values, I just wouldn't do it.

its not a building site or similar tho its an app, an app for a static userbase, ipad/android all have growing userbases, the core of people there who WANT the app, have it, a reduction encourages others who didnt want it or had no massive use for it an incentive to buy it because its cheap.

we however here are different, we have no growing userbase, our hardware line has a finite limit, add to that, people went to the devs website and pretty much begged for a touchpad conversion even tho our hardware line has been terminated.

they KINDLY make the port for us because of said posts on their forums, then if you read back in this thread or others you find a LOT of "full price is too much, ill wait for it to drop in price", the devs obviously dont get the sales or interest they expected, which is weird considering a ton of posts moaned about a lack vnc/rdp/splashtop type solution, and they drop the price to get the sales in they probably expected, but again we get people moaning.

even funnier theres still people expecting "updates" to splashtop, i find that incredible if we do considering the abuse and grief people are throwing at the devs for their hard work towares a vast minority userbase as ourselves.

"they dont need us, we need them", yet a heap of people try biting the hand that feeds them, its beyond incredible.

people can nerdrage and be upset all they want but a company needs to make cash from their work yet people sit on the fence and/or grief them, if they dont get sales they reduce prices to get the sales, if people keep moaning then they likely wont get any updates because ittl be proven to be not worth the effort.

using 1 of your examples, how about if a customer for your building site promised to buy a heap of work from you, then after everythings agreed, the builders pitch up, they start work, however the customer complains the jobs too expensive and for you to go away until you drop the price for the building contract.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 10/01/2011 at 02:50 PM.
    stickerboy likes this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post

I know it feels so bad that you felt cheated. However, I suggest that you let this pass since you're using it with WebOS (which we are already lucky getting splashtop in the first place). You have good points there but maybe you can slip this one up.

If they did it with iOS or Android, I would really feel extra bitter but with the functionality it gives, I would probably let it pass too.

Just my .02
    Folks, if you can't keep your comments civil and clean (i.e., no insults, no inappropriate language), please move on to another thread. Thanks.

<<thread cleaned>>
    Does anybody have a bluetooth keyboard with a built in trackpad they have tested with Splashtop?

Such as Amazon.com: New OEM RII Mini Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard - Compatible With Apple IPad, PC, and Mac - Features Built-in Touchpad Mouse and Laser Pointer - [Black]: Electronics

Just curious, because if so this would be so amazingly epic for me..
    Having installed the Splashtop server with a view to accessing the PC from the TP, I just tried the PC client software on a laptop that normally doesn't handle video streaming direct from the net very well. To my surprise, via Splashtop it works much better - in other words, I get a better result using my desktop (i3) PC to receive and display the stream, and forward that to the laptop via Splashtop. Clever stuff.