Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    I have w7 64 bit and it installed and works perfectly with no set up. just installed opened the app and it found my pc. done. works fine on my pre- with 2.1 running f-104a. love it, having my desktop on a pc upstairs this is great to change a song or something from anywhere in the house. very cool. now i need to look into how to get it to work outside of the house.
    Also picked this up and test drove it last night watching a movie locally from my Mac to my Pre- 2.1 using VLC for m4v video playback. It works, but moving around on my Pre's touch screen has limitations in size and would love to check this out on a Touchpad when it comes out.

Either way, it works and requires a additional piece of software called Soundflower to remote audio from Mac Snow Leopard to Splashtop. Have to manually switch audio back to internal when done watching remote and listening to something on my Mac, but that's not too difficult.

Would also love an option that keeps Splashtop running and active when watching movies or otherwise. Noticed after 3 or so minutes my phone would timeout and shutoff the screen for lack of interaction. May have to install another "I'm Alive" app to keep my phone from falling asleep.

Has anyone worked with this on Mac and has figured out the keyboard shortcuts (Command, Option, etc)? Could use this to ease interaction and opening/closing windows and apps on my Mac. Plan to try Boxee next and see how that works since VLC worked well, but is limited and more of a desktop interface with small controls. Sorli...

Update: Boxee is fantastic and works very will with Splashtop...interface is smooth, controls are more touch oriented, and it is simply easier to setup and watch movies from my Mac. This should make watching movies easier...

Hmm...just noticed something wrong with Splashtop, no backspace or delete from keyboard. I loaded Textedit on my mac and that works properly and it may just be firefox or the Precentral forum interface. Not able to backspace would be a significant problem when it comes to productivity. More testing.

Update 2: Working pretty well....not sure why backspace only works on my Mac when it wants too, but I suspect it may be a glitch. For those with Android tablets or a Nook Color like we have. Splashtop works very will and the large screen makes a HUGE difference interface wise. Android Marketplace also has it 50% off now for $1.99, which is not a big surprise since everyone on Android expects their stuff for Free. I want my Touchpad so I can really give Splashtop a whirl. Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 05/22/2011 at 01:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Agreed. If we don't buy it at this price, they might realize that less is more!
    Or they may stop developing for webOS.

:s
    Good point. I will reconsider how I might use this app (and buy it if I can find good uses, for me).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I can't find it in the UK Catalog, but apparently its out

Staff Update: Here's the signup link for notification:
    Splashtop notification sign up page: Splashtop - You asked for it! We listened!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/24/2011 at 05:05 PM.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Where did you see this? I'm searching and can't find it anywhere...
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Splashtop announced in onTwitter, and then confirmed to me it's out in the UK also.

I guess we have to wait for HP to push it out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    links?

I asked about release when they announced Splashtop for TouchPad.
    https://twitter.com/#!/splashtop/sta...02507569512449
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    links?

I asked about release when they announced Splashtop for TouchPad.
    https://twitter.com/#!/splashtop/sta...02507569512449
    I don't know how to link to it, but it's the same account as the link above, a couple of hours ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Splashtop announced in onTwitter, and then confirmed to me it's out in the UK also.

I guess we have to wait for HP to push it out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Nothing yet, but thanks for the heads-up and I'll look forward to its arrival. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Splashtoo Touchpad is a phone app if I'm seeing things right on the Splashtop site. Not a new app for the TouchPad.
    James Kendrick
    Technology Blogger - ZDNet Mobile News
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    apologies

I went back to the tweet to re-read it... It says this..

HP TouchPad may be dead, but we just released a new update for Splashtop Touchpad (v1.5.0.3). Update from your iPhone!
    How dare they.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    apologies

I went back to the tweet to re-read it... It says this..
    This is ONE app... seriously... ONE app i wanted, to put my TP to some productive use. at this point i dont care about netflix or anything..

Seriously devs: PLEASE PLEASE give me a good RDP and take my money away. that way my touchPad is not just a glorified web browser.
    have to agreed, document editing and rdp are my 2 must haves still. We need to keep yelling at these devs to get it done (nicely of course, yell nicely)
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Could somebody edit the title of this thread to say "NOT!" I hate getting my hopes dashed by these sorts of posts...
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    I just send an e-mail requesting the splashtop whiteboard at least to be developed for HP TP. I found it really good and that's how I am dreaming doing my presentations one day. I could do something like that with HP tm2 but it was too heavy and an application for that will really help

Can you send them one e-mail from here
    Splashtop Inc. - Contact Us
    saying that you want splashtop for TP? Maybe they want to rush it a bit if they see a lot of people interested in their products
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Our remote desktop app is on the way to the touchpad. Splashtop put up its signup page and included a contest. The more people who sign up through my link,I have an opportunity to get a free copy. You can start your own to get people to sign up but I would really appreciate if you help me out and sign up though my link.

Spalshtop notification sign up page: Splashtop - You asked for it! We listened!

glad splashtop stuck with it, and continued to develop!

EDIT: if you also know someone else w/a TP who doesn't browse forums, please forward the link, tweet it, fb it. Thanks!

Update: I'm about 100ish strong, thanks so far, keep em comming please!
    Last edited by h2o826; 09/23/2011 at 09:30 AM.
    morydees likes this.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    done
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast