Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    =|

I just wish it wasn't laggy. Video is unwatchable, sound stutters... my ports are all opened... argh. oh well
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    =|

I just wish it wasn't laggy. Video is unwatchable, sound stutters... my ports are all opened... argh. oh well
    What are the specs on your computer? I have had zero problems with video streaming. I was watching Netflix on my TouchPad via Splashtop for like half an hour. Then I was streaming music using DoubleTwist music player. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a i5 processor with 4 GB RAM.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    What are the specs on your computer? I have had zero problems with video streaming. I was watching Netflix on my TouchPad via Splashtop for like half an hour. Then I was streaming music using DoubleTwist music player. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a i5 processor with 4 GB RAM.
    It's not problems with my computer. Computer is perfectly fine.

Just to humor you, it's 4gb ram core 2 xtreme x9100 @ 3.36ghz w/ nvidia 9800m gts 512mb over wireless n

when slashtop is running on my computer processor load is around 10 - 20% higher than without. my computer has no problems running it i can assure you
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    So I read this as a possible solution to controlling my HTPC from my touchpad...it even lists it as a feature...But it's pretty much worthless because when you play video, it minimizes the resolution of your monitor to that of a TP.

Is there anyway to stop it from doing that? Otherwise you basically have to launch the video, then close the app...kinda pointless? OR am I misunderstanding something?
    If all you want to do is control your PC that is attached to a large monitor/TV using your Touchpad, then search the app catalog for an app called 'MousePad'.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    HP is too funny. They offer promo codes to increase exposure to apps and the whole catalog experience, but do it for a hotly anticipated and already popular app that was just released, which not only irks buyers who made the purchase hours before, but also sends the dubious message to hold off on buying a hot new app lest it could be had for free soon after. Good promo!
    Same HP behaviour with the TP istelf wasn't it?
    $50 off.. then $100 off.. then $99 for the whole unit!!

Corporate 'thinking'.

~~~~~~~~~~

Later.. And now it (Splashtop) is FREE on promo!!
    $19.99-->$9.99-->$4.99-->$0.00...
    Is it just me, or is something running 'backwards' here?
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/30/2011 at 03:40 AM.
    mine works awesome watching shows etc. No lag and no stuttering. I lay in my bed turn my computer on with wake on lan, then use this
    was better So i could use my ComicRACK to read comics. the two finger scroll thing is a nightmare. make it so you press and drag for a scroll like normal and make a right click something else.

and on the price, you are the one buying it. if you buy it for 5 15 20 whatever you decided at the time of purchase that is what it is worth to you. I dont understand how you can complain. I saw it when it was expensive and was like HAHhahAHAHAHA then bought it when it was cheaper.
    Yeah, I was a bit ****ed off too when I saw that price dropped after buying for 9.99, but considering the app works really well, with no lags (it can play 1080p videos over lan with decent FPS) and that devs are really responsive and working on it, I'm ok with that.

I'm not the richer guy in the world, so I would have prefered to buy it for less, but if it works as expected, I really don't see any reason to yell anymore. What is done is done. Learn people!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    *gasp* how dare they! =O

um it's a fact of life. sales happen.

you go into a shoe store, and you buy a shoe on sale for $79.99. later that night, they change the prices, and next morning it's $59.99. 2 weeks later it goes back up to $89.99, but there's a buy one get one free sale.........

it's called BUSINESS
    Haha, my word how patronising, well done.

To take your analogy further, you own ShoeWorld and have some loyal customers anxiously awaiting the latest line of high heels. As soon as the new line comes in you send them out an email with a special offer "Quick buy now at 50% off!" before the shoes go back to full price.

They come in, buy their shoes and then hear from their friend that if they'd just waiting another couple of hours they could have paid half what you've just charged them. Guess your loyal customers don't feel very appreciated now.

That's called BAD BUSINESS
    Surely 'Good Business' would be to introduce an item for free or very low introductory cost, until it has estanblished a slot for itelf in the 'market place' based upon it's proven merits, gained popularity and 'must have' status.. before then cranking the price UP.. not the other way around as appears to be HP's existing 'policy' and what is being presented with 'Splashtop'?

I find it interesting however, that HP's clear INTENT to hit the No2. sales spot below Apple, is actually what they manifested for themselves.. but doubtless not quite in the exact manner in which they may have originally envisaged it!

Just to humor you, it's 4gb ram core 2 xtreme x9100 @ 3.36ghz w/ nvidia 9800m gts 512mb over wireless n

when slashtop is running on my computer processor load is around 10 - 20% higher than without. my computer has no problems running it i can assure you
    You have **** internet then. I live in New Zealand, our internet speeds are very much slower than what you will have in the US (I get max of 100-300 kilobytes per secnod upload speed) and I am able to run the app without any issues.
    I read the 1st 12 or 13 pages the couldn't be bothered going through the rest, so forgive me if some of the points have been brought up already - just a few of my observations from using splashtop flashlight.

streamer was running on my quad core phenom II, 4 gig ram, 1gig nvidia 8600. Very impressed on how it handled over my local network, simple to use. Only issues I found were with passwords:

My 17 character mixed password wasn't liked, had to eventually choose one under 10 characters.
    I initially couldn't sign into google via the app - I had 2-step authentication activated on my google account and made use of application passwords. Neither my original password nor any application password I entered on my touchpad would work (I could sign in on the streamer ok though). After disabling 2-step verification I could sign in.
    After that, I was able to remote into my g/f's mac running Lion. No noticeable lag, video streaming worked really well and I was pleased to get nice clear sound :-)
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
    Then you have a network bootleneck somewhere
    I left a review on the hp catalog JerryK while testing many computers
    with the lowest end being a HP 6910p intel C2D P7300 2.0ghz and only 2gb ram win7 64bit and NO issues. Have you tried hardwire network to remove ant possibility
    of it being a wireless problem on the host computer side?

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmaster View Post
    mine works awesome watching shows etc. No lag and no stuttering. I lay in my bed turn my computer on with wake on lan, then use this
    was better So i could use my ComicRACK to read comics. the two finger scroll thing is a nightmare. make it so you press and drag for a scroll like normal and make a right click something else.

and on the price, you are the one buying it. if you buy it for 5 15 20 whatever you decided at the time of purchase that is what it is worth to you. I dont understand how you can complain. I saw it when it was expensive and was like HAHhahAHAHAHA then bought it when it was cheaper.
    Did you use the links on the Splashtop FAQ to set up the ports and whatnot for wake on Lan or is there a better set of instructions somewhere you could direct me to? My other question is does WOL only work when you're on the same network, or could I remote in to my home computer from work and get WOL to turn it on?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber16 View Post
    with the lowest end being a HP 6910p intel C2D P7300 2.0ghz and only 2gb ram win7 64bit and NO issues. Have you tried hardwire network to remove ant possibility
    i'll give it a shot

i know it's a network bottleneck. i just need to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by situbusitgooddog View Post
    Haha, my word how patronising, well done.

To take your analogy further, you own ShoeWorld and have some loyal customers anxiously awaiting the latest line of high heels. As soon as the new line comes in you send them out an email with a special offer "Quick buy now at 50% off!" before the shoes go back to full price.

They come in, buy their shoes and then hear from their friend that if they'd just waiting another couple of hours they could have paid half what you've just charged them. Guess your loyal customers don't feel very appreciated now.

That's called BAD BUSINESS
    Right. It's good business to give your $600 work away for $150. It's also good business to give your $80 shoe away for $50. Super business. Awesome awesome awesome.

I bet that private company is one that makes it. Great idea.

love this app! controls my xp pc like a genie :-)
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber16 View Post
    As expressed in my post #512 I seem to be experiencing identical symptoms to fxspec06.
    Infernal stutters. My initial reaction was also that it's a network bottleneck somewhere but how is this possible if I can wirelessly stream 1080p video to my WDTV player 40 ft away through 3 walls, with ZERO issues? In any event I tried various different router settings to no avail. In other words, the stream from my desktop appears to be solid. Something seemst to be happening between it and my TP wifi.

I'm now leaning toward the possibility that my TP's adapter is somehow defective. Or possibly it's some sort of software conflict on the TP itself....a conflicting preware patch perhaps. I mean the TP should be able to at least stream an mp3 without stuttering. It doesn't. Or, it could be the splashot client itself somehow muffling the throughput to my TP. Running Win7 64.

I'm also constantly getting the popup message that my windows performance sucks when using Splashtop, even though the CPU and RAM resources look good while running it.

I would (and likely fxspec06) be most obliged for any other reasonable suggestions and insights from this helpful forum.
    fxspec06 likes this.
  19. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    @fuzzione1: Have you tried streaming by other means as a comparison (eg. ORB or Kalemsoft media player)? If so, do they exhibit the same problems?
    Thanks, that's a good suggestion. I'll buy one of those apps and give it a go!