Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Or open the virtual keyboard and press the small Ctrl, Alt + Del keys to get the login window. It's a bit hard to hit these keys from time to time though and I wish there would be an extra button to send all three keys at once.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Any suggestions on how to make the wake-on-LAN feature work with an iMac running OS X 10.6.8? It doesn't seem to want to wake my Mac and the Wake button seems to have also disappeared today (unless it goes off when the internet discovery feature is also off?)! Are there special wake or WOL settings to configure a Mac besides the one in the Energy Saving panel of System Preferences?

thanks!

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I should have been more clear. While I can see the User selection screen on the laptop, my TouchPad will not locate the computer. If I attempt to switch users from the TouchPad, the screen goes black and I lose connection.
    From what I've read, this is expected behavior. The streamer stops when the user logs off. This also happens when RDP is used and the user leaves the screen locked after an RDP session.
    It was obvious that this was going to happen!!
    Free Splashtop with promo code Promo code: wulax11125hhtaw
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiArch View Post
    yup day after I paid for it....o well.
    Just when I thought I got such a good deal buying it for 4.99. Crap. Oh well. Live and learn.
    Yeah, but i'm still happy with the purchase. You can't win them all. I paid 4.99, not 9.99; but IMO the app is definitely worth 10 bux, especially if they keep supporting it; which I think they will, which is why they are giving it away (expand user base).
    Quote Originally Posted by william munny View Post
    Yeah, but i'm still happy with the purchase. You can't win them all. I paid 4.99, not 9.99; but IMO the app is definitely worth 10 bux, especially if they keep supporting it; which I think they will, which is why they are giving it away (expand user base).
    Yeah, I also paid for it and I really don't mind. It's a very useful and cool app.
    I just wanted to give the people who have not bought it yet a chance to get it because these things go out fast!
    Just wish the other 3 apps with promo codes were something I actually wanted/needed...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    1. Using External Wireless Mouse and Keyboard with extended range? My present key/mouse don't go beyond 5' without noticeable lag and I'm looking for new options. Maybe even a WIFI mouse (HP makes one of these I think???) that makes whole house use more of a reality.
    For the HTPC I use an XBOX 360 controller for mouse controls. Microsoft has a USB BT adapter that comes with the drivers to use it with windows gaming. Then use Joy2Key to setup the mouse inputs (can also assign key strokes to various buttons).

Not to bad of a setup works great and works anywhere in the house. The adapter with controller setup isn't too bad price wise.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Free, after I paid $9.99 when it was first introduced. Boy do I feel like a chump now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jabramson View Post
    Free, after I paid $9.99 when it was first introduced. Boy do I feel like a chump now.
    You also could have waited, missed the app sale and paid 19.99. I paid 4.99 because it was on sale, haven't even used it yet... no big deal.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Your hindsight is 20-20,

Quote Originally Posted by jabramson View Post
    Me to but I pretty much got over that yesterday. So the salt is going into a partially healed wound, not open,
    MiamiArch and bassace#WN like this.
    So I read this as a possible solution to controlling my HTPC from my touchpad...it even lists it as a feature...But it's pretty much worthless because when you play video, it minimizes the resolution of your monitor to that of a TP.

Is there anyway to stop it from doing that? Otherwise you basically have to launch the video, then close the app...kinda pointless? OR am I misunderstanding something?
    Resolution is in the client settings on the TP app, under "advanced".
    Somebody had to try it... I just tried using the TeamViewer app on my 7" android tablet to control the same PC that my TP was linked to via Splashtop, to provide the better (imho) TeamViewer control interface but the faster Splashtop viewer. It works (no reason why it shouldn't of course) but video was a bit sluggish as the i3 PC was having to stream the video to the android tablet and to the TP at the same time. I also tried using the TP via Splashtop on one PC then linking that PC to another one via TeamViewer, so I could see the screen of the second one on the TP even though the second one hasn't got Splashtop server running. Again, it works, if only as a proof of concept.
    fredewins likes this.
    You also could have waited, missed the app sale and paid 19.99. I paid 4.99 because it was on sale, haven't even used it yet... no big deal.
    If Splashtop follows the same pattern with the Touchpad as they have with the iPad, it will never get to $20. They use that as a ploy to get us suckers to pay more than we need to. "Act now before the prices go up! Operators are standing by!" ;-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    Resolution is in the client settings on the TP app, under "advanced".
    So I guess there is no way around it, Splashtop is basically a mirror mode...Can't have independent resolution from your desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post
    So I guess there is no way around it, Splashtop is basically a mirror mode...Can't have independent resolution from your desktop?
    Launch Splashtop, tap the arrow to the right of the PC you want to connect to. Tap the arrow for advanced settings. Choose "use remote computer's native setting".
    Quote Originally Posted by situbusitgooddog View Post
    Yeah selling it with a 50% reduction seemed like a great way of thanking the early adopters who were most eagerly anticipating the release. To then a few hours later say "Ha! Suckers!" to those same first purchasers by slashing the price seems like a really weird move. It is a great app though.
    *gasp* how dare they! =O

um it's a fact of life. sales happen.

you go into a shoe store, and you buy a shoe on sale for $79.99. later that night, they change the prices, and next morning it's $59.99. 2 weeks later it goes back up to $89.99, but there's a buy one get one free sale.........

it's called BUSINESS
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

stickerboy likes this.
    They didn't give anything away. HP gave it away.

You DO realize that HP pays the developers for every single one of the promo codes that goes out, right?

I'm sure if you don't think the value is worth it, or if you feel violated personally and/or offended, the developer would be more than happy to pay your $5.00.

I would just say stop whining, but that's just me.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06