Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    RE: Scrolling up and down.

Just in case you have not tried this... If you double tap the handle on the scroll bar in a web page and hold it, you can then scroll up and down as if you had clicked on it with your mouse and were scrolling up and down...

Works good for me.
    splashtop is a nice app, but the scrolling is horrible. I just can not get it to scroll with the two finger swipe, keeps trying to zoom. They need to add one of two things:
    1) Have a zoom lock mode and hopefully that will help in the two finger swipe.
    2) Allow me to press the lower left hand corner with my left thumb to activate scrolling mode - allowing one finger swipe to scroll (using my right hand). I would recommend that the scroll mode only remain active when the left hand corner is being pressed.

Video streaming is great, watched a few dvd's already, works great on an old g band linksys.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Ive got both the TP and the PC connected to an 802.11n router, but can't get video smooth enough for video playback. Both ends are set at 1024x768 native. Any tips?

FWIW - I paid NZ$6.49 which is a bit under US$5 at the moment, and I'm pretty happy at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I paid $9.99 the day it launched if it makes you feel any better
    Thats still cheaper than the UK price

Anyone else noticed their website on the touchpad link shows the iphone and the link is to the apples appstore and not HP

And they were so keen to release it that they sent the email notification 2 days after launch
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
    Thats still cheaper than the UK price

Anyone else noticed their website on the touchpad link shows the iphone and the link is to the apples appstore and not HP

And they were so keen to release it that they sent the email notification 2 days after launch
    3.98 in the UK and worth every penny in my book.
    I told the commercial guy from Splashtop about the scrolling issue (and the touch sensitiveness) and he told me that he forwarded my message to their devs so that they can make it work better in future releases.*

He was very responsive and we actually did have a several mail conversation. It seems they are really listening to advices and bug report, so feel free to use their request page on their website to feedback bugs and issues

BTW, I also sent them a link to this thread. Think they're gonna find a whole set of things to work on !!
    Last edited by grasshoper; 09/29/2011 at 03:10 AM.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    I told the commercial guy from Splashtop about the scrolling issue (and the touch sensitiveness) and he told me that he forwarded my message to their devs so that they can make it work better in future releases.*

He was very responsive and we actually did have a several mail conversation. It seems they are really listening to advices and bug report, so feel free to use their request page on their website to feedback bugs and issues

BTW, I also sent them a link to this thread. Think they're gonna find a whole set of things to work on !!
    Did you happen to mention that we would like one finger scrolling if possible? Two finger doesn't feel comfortable enough to be for the primary browsing function
    Did you happen to mention that we would like one finger scrolling if possible? Two finger doesn't feel comfortable enough to be for the primary browsing function
    You're right, but I only told them to do something about it. To their convenience. So it's up to them now to read the reclamation here on this thread.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by jonavalon View Post
    Just snagged it while it was still $4.99

Its cool at first but i'm starting to get "connection lost, reconnecting issues". And is anyone else having trouble with scrolling? it always zooms in instead like im pinching when i am not.
    Yeah scrolling is the one negative in the app. In my opinion, if the screen is fully zoomed out, you should have the option to lock it in and scroll with one finger. I've gotten pretty good at the two-finger scrolling, but I sometimes have to try several times for it to work.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpaduser1 View Post
    Allow me to press the lower left hand corner with my left thumb to activate scrolling mode - allowing one finger swipe to scroll (using my right hand). I would recommend that the scroll mode only remain active when the left hand corner is being pressed.
    This is a great idea and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. They should do this.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Wow. Must say this is extremely useful after only 1 evening. I was able to remote into the desktop upstairs and run commercials scans and conversions on the TV shows that were recording. While I did that, I opened ESPN3 and was watching the game in a tiny window. I was even able to play games fairly easily.

If they can just work on the zoom/scrolling sensitivity, I may not need any more apps for the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    I think you will need a loopback cable (3.55mm to 3.55mm male).

How do I make sound work when connecting to a Windows XP system? : Splashtop Remote - Support

Just use windows 7, you wont need that cable anymore.
    I can't get the cable "fix" to work. Still no audio.
    I'm loving Splashtop for TP and I paid 9.99 for it! :-) I do wish the scrolling were a bit easier, but maybe that's something they can improve in an update. Maybe an option to disable pinch to zoom? But either way, more than thrilled the world this opens up for my Touchpad and happy that Splashtop showed their support and followed through.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knightnz View Post
    Ive got both the TP and the PC connected to an 802.11n router, but can't get video smooth enough for video playback. Both ends are set at 1024x768 native. Any tips?
    The smoothness of video streaming seems to be heavily dependent on your PC's CPU speed. It's the source encoding that's the bottleneck as long as your WiFi connection is fast enough.
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to log in to the computer through Splashtop if the user account screen is active?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Does anyone know how to log in to the computer through Splashtop if the user account screen is active?
    Make sure that "Start Splashtop Streamer automatically" is on on the host computer and then connect to the computer and log in normally. Splashtop runs as a system service so you dont have to have an account logged in first.
    The only problems I've had with this app is sometimes video causes screen tearing, as in, the top and bottom half of the screen isn't synced. Reconnecting usually fixes it but it's annoying.

Also, if you put it into a card, it'll keep going for about 15 seconds and then the connection will die. At least if you bring back the card it'll reconnect.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Bring up the keyboard then type in your password?
    Few thoughts and clarification on SplashTop.

I've been pretty pleased with what it offers and gotten excellent response time when interfacing even though everything could be faster. Curious if anyone is:

1. Using External Wireless Mouse and Keyboard with extended range? My present key/mouse don't go beyond 5' without noticeable lag and I'm looking for new options. Maybe even a WIFI mouse (HP makes one of these I think???) that makes whole house use more of a reality.

2. On-screen controls and interfacing - would love an option to click or double-click the keyboard icon on the bottom and bring up a smaller keyboard or just the "cursor controls" that would help while scrolling. The On-screen keyboard cursors are much more responsive then two finger scrolling that also gets tiring.

3. Speaking of SplashTop modifications, can the interface be hacked or added on too? I'd love to make some mods, custom keys, always on-screen cursor controls, etc to make the app even more useful. I also know that SplashTop provides onscreen Cursor controls on other platforms (iPad) and may bring these options too SplashTop for webOS.

Need to do more research and anyone else dig into some of these options and changes? Thanks for the feedback! Sorli...
  20. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingbollox View Post
    Bring up the keyboard then type in your password?
    I should have been more clear. While I can see the User selection screen on the laptop, my TouchPad will not locate the computer. If I attempt to switch users from the TouchPad, the screen goes black and I lose connection.