Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
  1. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to log in to the remote computer from the user account selection screen? I am running Windows 7, and if the computer is at the user account selection screen, Splashtop cannot locate the computer. Also, if I attempt to switch users, I just get a black screen, as Splashtop loses the connection when the User Selection screen appears.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    amazing.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Quote Originally Posted by folly412 View Post
    One small issue I've had...each time I log in from my Touchpad it changes the security code to something that's 30+ characters long
    I don't think it's changed the security code, it just masks the true length of your chosen code by displaying 30+ asterisks - try logging in without deleting and re-entering and it should work.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by folly412 View Post
    One small issue I've had...each time I log in from my Touchpad it changes the security code to something that's 30+ characters long, I have to go in, erase it, and type in the correct code again. Otherwise no connectivity issues using same network or logging in from somewhere else...even responsive while I'm using a 4G connection on the Touchpad.
    I just tried mine from my hotel room. I got connected without needing any passwords. If I could just get scrolling to work....

Alan
    My experience, scrolling isn't that bad. I use my two thumbs on the edges of the screen and never have an issue with it trying to zoom.
    I havent read 26 pages of posts, but I cant believe we in Britain are getting completly fleeced yet again

$4.99 for the App if you are in the USA which is approx 3.00

however I have had to pay almost 8.00 or apporx $13.00 just because I live in the UK, im not surprised that the App is already out on the pirate sites

Why is it companies do this, is it to seriously annoy us and turn us to piracy ?

I will be emailing Splashtop asking why this is the case because its really not on

and although its a very good app, I dont believe that it is worth the $19.99 full price it is going to be
    Dis likes this.
    No matter what I do I keep getting stutters and skips from all media that I attempt to play while streaming wirelessly from my reasonably powerful desktop on my home network. This behaviour does not seem to change whether I'm inches or meters away from my router.

Whether it's a low bitrate mp3, avi, or high bit 1080p mkv I get stutters every few seconds making the streaming experience impossible for me to enjoy. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm running an i7 with 6g ram, ATI 4850x2 in crossfire mode. I have no problem streaming 1080p mkv's to my WDTV media player wirelessly through 3 walls and 40 ft away using a DIR655 router. In fact, this works flawlessly. I'm on reasonably high bandwith cable and speednet tests with the touchpad yields around 30mbps.

I'm using itunes and WMC for music and WMC and Zoom Player for vids. CPU says its only taxed 12-13% while streaming MKV's through Splashtop and there's plenty of ram available.

I'm running Uberkernel at 1.5 and applied the usual patches to touchpad.

Any suggestions?

This app would be so great if I could eliminate these annoying (and to me...fatal) media skips. I really want to like this app.
    Splashtop works fine on my wifi network at home and I live in a highly populated area and due to the limited bandwidth Sprint's 3G will not work for the remote desktop. This AM I tried the wifi at a Mcdonalds and I was able to connect via Google gmail but the lag/delay made it difficult to use in my window applications. I could possibly see using it on the road if I want to access files on my laptop at home for viewing, transfer files to box.net or email files/documents from my laptop but thats all right now due to unresponsiveness of the software.

Don't get me wrong, I am not slamming the app, actually I think its pretty cool and has lots of potential with updates down the road. I didn't purchase my TouchPad to replace my laptop but for light computer activities and for busines travel and when I am at home I can just use my laptop for things I can't do on my TouchPad.

I found the best setup for my laptop while I'm on the road is to set it up to not go into sleep mode (I've tried but cannot wake it up via the remote desktop) and set the screen to turn off after 5 minutes (the screen will wake up when using Splashtop).
    Hi folks

Ran into a problem while using the Touchpad client. I tried reading over the thread and the splashdot support pages but didn't find any solutions (though some mentions of similar issues). I think the problem might be with the Touchpad though, not with the app

Here's the thing:
    The setup
    - Windows XP laptop, connected through WiFi IP 192.168.1.70, Touchpad connected through WiFi on the same network IP 192.168.1.77
    - Both can connect to the internet without problem
    - Using Google discovery I can connect to the laptop without problems (laggy as hell of course, but I can connect)
    - Disabling Google discovery the splashtop app doesn't discover the laptop, and even using the IP directly I can't connect to it.
    - The laptop can ping the Touchpad without problem
    - I downloaded the 'Network tools' app for the touchpad to use ping. The laptop is unreachable through ping using the local network ip address. Other websites can be reached without problem (i.e. google.com)

So, it seems that the problem is that the Touchpad can't reach any device on the local network. Any ideas or suggestions on what could be causing the problem?

Thank you in advance
    Anybody try windows 8 preview with splashtop?

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister4g63 View Post
    Anybody try windows 8 preview with splashtop?

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    Yes .. its ok. But scrolling sideways to those "tiles" (?) are choppy .. but it works like how it should work in windows 7.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    1. For all those complaining about the price drop, (even though mine was free) its really sickening, im sure if you just email splashtop they will most likely refund you due to customer service and prprpr, $as$ $others$ $have$ $said$ $they$ $didnt$ $have$ $to$ $continue$ $to$ $develop$ $their$ $app$ $in$ $webOS$ $is$ $current$ $state$, $i$ $hope$ $they$ $release$ $their$ $other$ $apps$ $like$ $whiteboard$, $camcam$, $and$ $others$. $If$ $you$ $really$ $liked$ $the$ $app$ $and$ $were$ $giving$ $it$ $a$ $5$ $star$ $rating$, $give$ $it$ $4$ $stars$, $or$ $w$/ $rating$ $u$ $were$ $gonna$ $give$, $drop$ $down$ $1$ $star$ $and$ $explain$ $then$ $email$ $the$ $dev$, $then$ $when$ $you$ $get$ $refunded$ $change$ $it$ $to$ $1$+ $star$.

2. for scrolling, your all probably overthinking it like i did. hold ur two fingers (i found that leaving a small gap inbetween [1/2 cm]), touch the screen and instantly zoom up or down and then let go, and poof it scrools after you let go, you have to go faster than you probly thing, its not annoying or anything, you get use to it quick.

System: 1.86 ghz dual-core, 2gb ram, win vista 32 bit home premium, Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT (512mb), current screen res @1680x1050
    TP: 1.5ghz dual-core OCd, patched and prewared

Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze View Post
    I didn't get an email either. I don't know if you found it or somebody posted it lready but you were number one.

Splashtop Inc. - Blog - You asked for it! We listened!
    My efforts must have been in vain because i dont think they sent a email notification to anyone when it was released! Although I did get a promocode! Thanks for everyone who signed up, i should screenshot that pic from their site! any other P|C winners?

Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Has anybody tried running a Direct3D program? There is a support ticket on the Splashtop website indicating that it'll run in Windowed mode with the iPad version...
    Quote Originally Posted by larsoncc View Post
    Has anyone tried a 3D game using Splashtop?
    Yes I ran starcraft2 flawlessly. WHen i first popped it open, an error showed up saying that splashtop will only work with starcraft while in windowed mode due to direct3d. But it still kept me in starcraft2 and i went into the options on the TP w/ a minimal flickering screen and changed it to window and it ran with no errors after that.

I played a couple of games of sc2 on the TP, first one i lost getting use to controls, second one i won, (it was only a medium ai but just testing waters =D). It was actually very funtional and playable with ZERO % lagg, less lag then when im on the PC. Only had one shutter of lag when i was testing the 3 fingered touch and i zoomed in on accident. It reminds me when i ported sc1 on my treo pro. I will try to record and write a walktrhough or video of it on youtube.

I have not tried WoW (havnt played in over a year, but sc2 is just as graphics and lag intensive, and that ran fine, im sure memory hog games like those will all run fine, i have a very outdated computer thats been good to me, my TP almost has better mods than it!).

Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Did some digging to see some videos of how SplashTop works on a tablet and found this interesting link of someone playing Age of Empire 3 on their iPad using SplashTop to connect to their Windows 7 computer. Here's the link and they also reference changes for Age of Empire 3 to make it playable and updates to SplashTop that may also be available on the TouchPad to add on-screen controls for RTS game play.

Can anyone confirm some of these SplashTop features referenced in the video being available on SplashTop for the TouchPad?
    Thanks, Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I guess they call it Gesture Controls in SplashTop (Three Finger Tap). I'm like everyone else...want the best and I'm sure they'll improve the performance and hopefully they bring the arrow controls...very useful in RTS games. Sorli...
    These features you see in the iPad vid are not currently available on webOS version. I just tried them w/starcraft2. In the video he can select with his mouse just by dragging, this feature is not including. The mouse needs to be more responsive. Currently it only shows up when clickin at a location, but does not move or follow if you were to drag on the screen (even outside of sc2) The 3fingered touch to bring up arrow keys is also not present. If we bring up our regular keyboard, the dpad is there, so looks like they opted out of that feature. Hopefully they will update this app to its ipad version.

Quote Originally Posted by suikostinger View Post
    So what is everyone using the Splashtop app for?
    when i first got my TP i used it as an extension of my computer to take with me when i cant be at my desk, (you know the whole purpose of touch to share with pre3 and tp that we are missing =/ ) but now i truly use my TP as an extension of my PC, i can use programs that arent available on the TP. So far ive only tested starcraft2, (which was my main goal, i dont have a laptop and hate them).

Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    How do you wake computers up from sleep mode?

-- Sent from my White HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wright1 View Post
    Question - is there any particular state your computer needs to be in when accessing it, that is if the PC is in sleep mode will activating Slashtop on the TP wake the device?
    Quote Originally Posted by dharani1234 View Post
    has anybody been able to wake-on-lan (WOL) over wi-fi on mac osx lion ?
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze View Post
    Scream really loud.

Once you figure it out go into the control panel and change sleep to never. Sleep is always a bad thing.
    Anyone know the answer to this question, or is their a workaround besides turning off sleep and letting your PC be on 100% of time just to use splashtop?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    Something that has just occurred to me - when you press the special Splashtop keyboard "control" and suchlike keys, they're sticky, even it you hide the onscreen keyboard after use. I'm starting to wonder whether some of the scrolling issues relate to a modifier key being left "on" and somehow that screws the scrolling. I shall test my theory right away.
    I believe you are correct, i discovered this when i was testing starcraft2, my mouse clicks acted like holding ctrl, i was like man this sucks and is buggy, only forgetting that i pressed ctrl to hotkey a group. Keep me updated on your findings.

Anyone know of a better trick to side scroll?
    Still haven't had any luck with wifi spots outside the house. The gmail login can never find my pc at home. Though I have no trouble when my TP is tethered to my phone. Any ideas?
    This is all new to me. I have the desktop client set up at home. TP & Home talk to each other fine when I am there on wifi. Away from home TP (via FreeTether'd Pre2) cannot "see" Home. I have both computers signed into gmail account. Can someone give me the *****'s version of how to hook this up?
    I am running XP on a Dell e6510 i7 and i have no problems with sound and no need for the loopback, although you will still hear sound at the remote computer, "not all apps with mute the speakers" be sure to turn up the volume on the remote computer as well and have it set to output analog not digital just in case you have it setup as a htpc
    I have found that splashtop seems to work equally well on our XP and Win7 as well as OSX, the key is have no bottlenecks within your network
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
    I havent read 26 pages of posts, but I cant believe we in Britain are getting completly fleeced yet again

$4.99 for the App if you are in the USA which is approx 3.00

however I have had to pay almost 8.00 or apporx $13.00 just because I live in the UK, im not surprised that the App is already out on the pirate sites

Why is it companies do this, is it to seriously annoy us and turn us to piracy ?

I will be emailing Splashtop asking why this is the case because its really not on

and although its a very good app, I dont believe that it is worth the $19.99 full price it is going to be
    I paid $9.99 the day it launched if it makes you feel any better
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Can't get it to work using public wifi hotspots but I'm pretty sure that's a network restriction, not an application issue. Annoying though as it means I can remote access at work using 3g which is too slow to stream video.
    This works shockingly well from my connectoon at my evening job

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Can't multitask if connected to an internet discovered computer... Huge deal breaker :'(

Apparently splashtop is aware of this, but has no fix... They blame it on webOS.

Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    Can't multitask if connected to an internet discovered computer... Huge deal breaker :'(

Apparently splashtop is aware of this, but has no fix... They blame it on webOS.

Ever since I changed my computer's resolution to 1024 x 768, I have had no problems.