Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 727
Like Tree98Likes
  1. #461  
    Ok, I downloaded this and it works. I have a couple of questions: 1) My screensaver is password protected. Will I have to turn that off to use this at random times?
    2) I thought the remote desktops had a way to mask the client computer, so if anyone happens to be at at the location any items accessed would be in private, does this app not have that option?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  2. #462  
    For those having trouble. Make sure you have a gmail account. If you don't have one get one even if you dont want one. Place your email and password in both the server and app. On the app you do this by hitting that wheel looking icon. Also be sure to place a security code in the server side that is not associated with gmail. Now you can connect. If you hit the arrow after the app finds your computer, you can place that security code in there so you won't have to keep putting it in. Every once in a while I'll have to re-enter my gmail username an password, but I do have to go back to enter my security code.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
  3. #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by william munny View Post
    App simply does not work for me. After giving up on trying it on the office computer I just tried it on my home computer and got the same errors.

    Very disappointed in this product.
    Update. No longer disappointed. I went to their website again and found a post that said it is a known issue and they are working on it; but a poster recommended changing your password to have ALL CAPS and more than one number. I did just that and now it works on both computers.

    Hopefully they will fix the bug but in the meantime it is now working great and I am happy with the purchase and the hassle of all caps is very minor.
    keplenk likes this.
  4. zc1
    zc1 is offline
    zc1's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #464  
    Glad you got it sorted out. That info was also posted a few times in this thread. For some reason I thought your issue was that it wasn't finding your computer, as opposed to not letting you sign in/connect. Regardless, have fun now that it's working for you.
  5. #465  
    Glad you got it sorted out. That info was also posted a few times in this thread. For some reason I thought your issue was that it wasn't finding your computer, as opposed to not letting you sign in/connect. Regardless, have fun now that it's working for you.
    yea its a good app although I can't get sound to my tp from the host pc. Left a 5 star review


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  6. #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I can sign in the Splashtop preferences on my TouchPad when I am on my home wireless network but as soon as I put my TouchPad on FreeTether it won't allow my to sign in, just get the spinning wheel for a few seconds and then the sign in tab comes back up again, perplexing.
    I figured out what my problem with my FreeTether was by going on the Splashtop support page, if the 3G broadband is in heavy use and is limited by this, you won't be able to sign on using the gmail account.
  7. keplenk's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwneese View Post
    what is this "vm appliance?" I have windows 7 premium and want to configure my home computer so it won't interfere if my wife is working on it while I access it through splashtop. Can I do this somehow? thanks
    In order to achieve running splashtop via virtual machine, you will need a few things.

    1) A beefy computer with at least 4gb of RAM (maybe). I currently have 16gb of RAM on my PC but I play games on it and run may instances of virtual machines (mostly linux distro and my wife's splashtop/also mine).

    2) Vmware Workstation (fee based) or Oracle VirtualBOX (free). I have vmware workstation that I bought a long time ago. But VirtualBOX works fine also, you just have to configure it a little bit more.

    3) A licensed copy of Windows 7 (retail or upgrade). NOT the one that came with your laptop, it should be a different serial/license. I already have a spare Windows 7 key so I'm good to go with that. Some people use pirated copies, don't do it! :P

    Basically a virtual machine is like the Inception movie. A dream within a dream. Well, a different OS within an already existing OS. For example, your PC currently runs Windows 7 - via vmware/virtualbox you can install another operating system like Windows XP,Vista, or even 7. You can also install Linux distros with it if you want to. It will be like a normal different window which has its own virtual hard drive, virtual network, virtual CPU, virtual sound card, etc. If you want to mess up the virtual machine, it would be fine as it will not affect your current PC (main one).

    You have to install the Splashtop Streamer on that virtual machine so that the TP will just access it. The good thing about using a VM machine is I modified the fonts/text to be larger (set to medium 125%). I also used a third party docks to make bigger icons so that it will be easier to click on. I also hid the windows taskbar. Imagine that if you do it to your main PC. It will look like a mess.

    I made screenshots of my virtual machine so you guys will have an idea what im talking about. As you can see, the windows taskbar is hidden so I just use the dock icons and it is very convenient.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by keplenk; 09/27/2011 at 08:48 PM.
  8. #468  
    It's running fine for me. I managed to freak my Husband out by opening random folders/pictures and typing messages fantastic.

    I have a couple Noob questions that have no doubt been asked/answered.

    1> Where are the preferences ?
    2> What is the point in a Gmail account?
  9. tlower's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #469  
    Anyone know why I would be getting a 4-5 second screen delay when connected by internet. This is not happening when connected through my home network, this only has about a .5 second delay. Looked through the thread and couldn't find the answer. Thanks!
  10. #470  
    If I switch away from the splashtop card, when I go back, my computer is locked up. I can no longer log into it. This is a dealbreaker for me. I'm doing some testing now. So far, it is working as long as I keep the splashtop maximized. I'm on the local network now. I will also test it tomorrow from work and see if it continues to work as long as I stay in the splashtop app. This is really not good, because I am always switching cards.

    Will someone else test this out and let me know how it goes?

    Also, if I restart my computer, I can connect and log into it using splashtop as long as the TouchPad is on the local network. However, if the TouchPad is on an external network, I cannot connect at all after a reboot. If I reboot and log in at the computer, then I can connect with splashtop.

    By the way, I'm running Vista, if it matters.

    Update: No matter what I do, it seems I can only go 1 or 2 sessions before it locks up my computer and I have to restart it.

    Update: Seems to help if I use the native resolution option.

    Someone please let me know if they have the same issues.
    Last edited by Tonylmiller; 09/27/2011 at 10:24 PM.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  11. #471  
    I'll just say this - this app rocks!

    Sure, there are warts, like not supporting full screen 3D apps that use direct screen access (like windows media center), but I can still use WMC in windowed mode and launch firefox and play netflix, hulu, whatever...and also have access to my entire PC!

    This app was worth way more than $4.99. I am going to go find my wife's Touchpad and buy it for her as well.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    zc1 likes this.
  12. #472  
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    You have to install the Splashtop Streamer on that virtual machine so that the TP will just access it. The good thing about using a VM machine is I modified the fonts/text to be larger (set to medium 125%). I also used a third party docks to make bigger icons so that it will be easier to click on. I also hid the windows taskbar. Imagine that if you do it to your main PC. It will look like a mess.
    Wow that is a creative use of VMWare. I personally use VMWare Fusion on my Mac Pro workstation to keep tabs on Windows XP and run a bunch of apps I still have for that platform. I never thought about setting up a Virtual Machine with larger icons, Fonts Size, or otherwise, but one advantage is you having the VM running fullscreen native resolution 1024x768 that SplashTop prefers. I'll have to play around with it, but suspect you are correct and I'll need more RAM to make the VM operate properly on-top of Mac OS Snow Leopard.

    Still have the problem with interfacing mouse and keyboard wise, but at least your icon and font size suggestions will fix that problem for me. Thanks, Sorli...
    bluenote likes this.
  13. keplenk's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Wow that is a creative use of VMWare. I personally use VMWare Fusion on my Mac Pro workstation to keep tabs on Windows XP and run a bunch of apps I still have for that platform. I never thought about setting up a Virtual Machine with larger icons, Fonts Size, or otherwise, but one advantage is you having the VM running fullscreen native resolution 1024x768 that SplashTop prefers. I'll have to play around with it, but suspect you are correct and I'll need more RAM to make the VM operate properly on-top of Mac OS Snow Leopard.

    Still have the problem with interfacing mouse and keyboard wise, but at least your icon and font size suggestions will fix that problem for me. Thanks, Sorli...
    hey thanks. I've actually tried alotting 2gb on the vm which worked fine too. I believe you can make it a little bit lower to 1.5. btw, winxp vm could be different. I believe sound might not work (at least that's what happened to mine). win7 vm works perfectly i hope it works fine with fusion.

    goodluck.
  14.    #474  
    This a video made by fireworks: Windows 8 on HP TouchPad (Splashtop) and he said:

    THIS IS REMOTE CONTROL OF PC not running on the HP TouchPad! This is a demo of Windows 8 Developer Preview running in Splashtop HD on a HP TouchPad. The streamer is a 9 year old 1ghz ULV PC with 512mb of ram which causes lag. I hope to try this on a higher spec device soon!

    Windows 8 on HP TouchPad (Splashtop) - YouTube

    If you would like to try windows 8 pls go to this post to download the software:
    http://forums.precentral.net/off-top...iso-image.html
    sorli likes this.
  15. #475  
    Well after messing with it over a day now I am very very disappointed. I have done EVERYTHING suggested here and on splashtop yet I can only connect about 1/8 of the time. I do not want to connect using internet (google) as it is very very slow. But I cannot connect reliably any other way. I am starting to feel like I got ripped even for the $5.

    Once, after much pain, I finally get connected if I quit it takes over an hour again to get connected.

    This is the worst program release I have seen.

    Garbage plain and simple!!
  16. #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    For those having trouble. Make sure you have a gmail account. If you don't have one get one even if you dont want one. Place your email and password in both the server and app. On the app you do this by hitting that wheel looking icon. Also be sure to place a security code in the server side that is not associated with gmail. Now you can connect. If you hit the arrow after the app finds your computer, you can place that security code in there so you won't have to keep putting it in. Every once in a while I'll have to re-enter my gmail username an password, but I do have to go back to enter my security code.
    When I try to log in via google on the desktop, it just sits there with the spinning circle trying to connect. I've left word on their website, but have yet to hear back from them about this and other issues with this app. I hope that it gets resolved as this app could be so much fun to use.
  17. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze View Post
    Well after messing with it over a day now I am very very disappointed. I have done EVERYTHING suggested here and on splashtop yet I can only connect about 1/8 of the time. I do not want to connect using internet (google) as it is very very slow. But I cannot connect reliably any other way. I am starting to feel like I got ripped even for the $5.

    Once, after much pain, I finally get connected if I quit it takes over an hour again to get connected.

    This is the worst program release I have seen.

    Garbage plain and simple!!
    There's support pages on their site and the community here in P|C is one of the most helpful I've come across. Others have reported it's easy as pie (I can confirm! Good speed too!) so your problem can most likely be resolved, but you'll have to be more specific (and preferably have done a bit of legwork yourself).

    Unless you've just come to blow off steam, in that case, go right ahead.

    $5 or not though (I paid 5 euros) the app is worth it so let's hunker down and find the answers, shall we.
    fredewins likes this.
  18. #478  
    Isn't this just potentially opening up a BIG 'security hole' for yourself?
    Slashtop continually running on your desktop and feeding everything you do there via GOOGLE back and forth to your TP?

    Also that's $2.5 million in someone's coffers (presumably Splashtop//HP's?) even if only 50% of present TP owners go for it!

    I'll wait until the TP is running Android and see how things have 'adju$ted' by then!

  19. #479  
    This is the worst program release I have seen.
    Trouble is with anything running over a network is that Your Network May Vary. Here it works very easily and (mostly) very well. For the $10 I paid I'm very happy. I would have been even happier at half the price but nevermind...

    Something that has just occurred to me - when you press the special Splashtop keyboard "control" and suchlike keys, they're sticky, even it you hide the onscreen keyboard after use. I'm starting to wonder whether some of the scrolling issues relate to a modifier key being left "on" and somehow that screws the scrolling. I shall test my theory right away.
  20. #480  
    Yup, that's the culprit - I've taken the liberty of starting a new thread to highlight this important problem which I bet is at the root of most of the user complaints about scrolling. You must unpress the sticky keys after use if you want to scroll etc else you'll get a zoom or other unexpected behavior instead.

Posting Permissions