Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Why is the backspace key not working? It either results in an "BS" written on the screen or does not do anything at all...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Logmein is using a clever mechanism where the client (the remote app you use to connect) is communicating to the server (you computer at work) through a special server.
    So your computer as your client are doing "outgoing" connections which is not blocked by the router.
    There are some ways you could try to do that with that app.
    1. The best would be to establish a VPN connection to your work network. (Ask your admin)
    2. You may can get hamachi (kind of VPN) to work. Search for it. I think it was working on webOS.
    william munny likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Usually a router (the device which connects your computer to the internet) blocks everything from outside to protect your computer. You need to open that to connect from outside to your computer.
    The internet protocol is using so called ports to connect to services. You have to talk to your admin to forward the ports 6783 to 6785 to your computer.
    Most likely he will not do that because of security issues.
    So you can't connect to your computer at work. This is not the fault of this app.
    how does logmein get around that? (oops, nvm, answered above)
    rickpub likes this.
    I have suite mates at my office; we share a general internet connection; is there any way I can switch whatever I need to switch just on the portion that is fed to my laptop?
    Not working for me either. I'm trying to use the streamer on a WHS (Server 2003) box that I can only connect with RDP. Upon disconnecting the RDP session the streamer closes out. It comes back when you reconnect the RDP session. Saw another with the exact same problem on the support forums with no reply. Probably works in most situations...not in mine. Don't like the no refund app store policy =(
    Quote Originally Posted by william munny View Post
    I have suite mates at my office; we share a general internet connection; is there any way I can switch whatever I need to switch just on the portion that is fed to my laptop?
    Please be nice to a german trying to read english. What is "suite mates"?
    If this is VPN this is the way to go. When you are connected to VPN it looks for your client (this app) as if you are connect to your local intranet. It should find your computer then.
    I connect to a windows server, where no ports are forwarded into the internet, via VPN.
    Last edited by somline; 09/27/2011 at 03:40 PM.
    Scrolling performance is driving me crazy!
    Has anybody been succesful logging the remote desktop thru FreeTether? When my TouchPad is connected via FreeTether I cannot sign into my gmail account to gain access, after I enter my gmail address and password and click the sign in button, nothing happens.
    A tip for scrolling if you have the bluetooth keyboard - tapping the spacebar scrolls down the page. As easy as that. I haven't yet come across a key for scrolling up, though.

Here, for instance when reading this thread, two finger scrolling works perfectly well. But, sometimes, it goes haywire as I mentioned earlier in the thread. When that happens, two finger scroll appears to cause a browser zoom (not a TP zoom), and the text on the page shrinks or expands. Exiting the app and running it again fixes that.

It's not any kind of operator failure. I know how to make it scroll the way it normally does, and normally it works 100% of the time. When it goes ape, it stops working properly at all.

Question is then, what triggers the two finger scroll to break down, and is there a way to restore it when that happens apart from closing the splashtop app?

Personally I have no problem with one finger to drag the screen - like in all TP apps - and two fingers to scroll the content on the PC screen. It works well when it works at all. When it occasionally stops working, it's not a problem with the concept, it's in effect at bug. Hopefully the cause can be pinned down by us or them and then fixed.
    Last edited by Ozpeter; 09/27/2011 at 06:10 PM.
    I was just out at a local mall here and tried to sign in to gmail over their wifi. It would not find my computer no matter what I did. After I connected my TP to wifi tether(Android), I was able to connect to my home pc no problem. Anyone know why this might be? I'm going to school tomorrow. I hope I can connect over the school's wifi.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Has anybody been succesful logging the remote desktop thru FreeTether? When my TouchPad is connected via FreeTether I cannot sign into my gmail account to gain access, after I enter my gmail address and password and click the sign in button, nothing happens.
    Only logged on to prove it works but didn't have any problems. Turned on freethether on my pre 2, connected to it on the TP and then used the 3g connection to access my laptop via Splashtop.
    The last issue I have to learn is now to move and resize windows from the TP. Other than that its going vert well.

Can anyone help on this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisOS2 View Post
    The last issue I have to learn is now to move and resize windows from the TP. Other than that its going vert well.

Can anyone help on this one?
    To move a window tap once on the title bar of the window then tap again and hold. You should then be able to drag it around - resizing should (in theory) work on the same principle but probably a bit trickier to find the sweet spot right on the edge of the window.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210 View Post
    Try changing video setting in the player, so that the video is not using overlay. In VLC, it's tools>preference>video un-check "accelerated video output (overlay).

In WMP 11, it's in tools>options> performance> advanced uncheck "use overlay"
    Thanks. Tried this with VLC and it worked. Bit of a pain as it's not something I want to leave turned off permanently but at least I know how to get it to work if I decide to watch a video remotely
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    Question for those who work on IT, have you've been able to install this on a server?
    I installed it on a Windows Server 2003 machine. I installed it under in my user environment.

My only problem was initially the TP screen would be completely black and all I could see what the cursor from the server.

On the Touchpad under Advanced Settings I changed Resolution to "Use remote computer's native setting" and now it works fine.
    App simply does not work for me. After giving up on trying it on the office computer I just tried it on my home computer and got the same errors.

Very disappointed in this product.
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Yiddy View Post
    Only logged on to prove it works but didn't have any problems. Turned on freethether on my pre 2, connected to it on the TP and then used the 3g connection to access my laptop via Splashtop.
    I can sign in the Splashtop preferences on my TouchPad when I am on my home wireless network but as soon as I put my TouchPad on FreeTether it won't allow my to sign in, just get the spinning wheel for a few seconds and then the sign in tab comes back up again, perplexing.
    Got to try it out some-overall impressed and well worth the $4.99. Was simple to connect, clicking/responsiveness was great, streaming audio and video was perfect. Only negative thing was what others have said, the scrolling is painful...clicking on the scroll bar was 10 times easier than trying to get the gesture to work consistently...was easy enough to use the scroll bar at least.
    bought and installed, but see I was quickly ripped off. Will remove the app until the developer refunds me $5. What a rip at how quickly they dropped it from $9.99. Same folks managing the TouchPad rollout was in charge of this one? Next week, this product will be discontinued as the market share growth was not what developer thought it should be. Then, app will be .09 cents and the fire sale begins FTW!
  20. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Just received an update for the Android version -- adds better support for those of us with multiple monitors and it works nicely. *Hopefully the same is done for the TouchPad app.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities