Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BTJepson View Post
    The Splashtop app on the Mac App Store for the iPad is only $2.99. How's that for some news. No Touchpad love?
    If you load the app price tracking tool in the Ipad app store you can see it's been as high as $9.99 (never higher) and as low as $2.99 so $4.99 isn't bad, it's $5 less than I paid just yesterday,
    has anybody been able to wake-on-lan (WOL) over wi-fi on mac osx lion ?
    I purchased the app for $4.99; it won't work with my work desktop...keeps telling me my passcode is incorrect, even though it is not.

Anyone else having this problem? I won't want to leave a bad review, b/c it is probably something on my end but this is very frustrating and I would love to get it fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by william munny View Post
    I purchased the app for $4.99; it won't work with my work desktop...keeps telling me my passcode is incorrect, even though it is not.

Anyone else having this problem? I won't want to leave a bad review, b/c it is probably something on my end but this is very frustrating and I would love to get it fixed.
    your password should comprise of either all lower case or all upper case characters (with special chars) and probably try to set it longer than 12 characters.
    Great app and definitely worth getting at $4.99 but they've got to improve scrolling. I haven't been able to get the two finger scrolling to work well at all.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Does anyone know of a way to access splashtop without being on the same wifi connection?

My apartment complex blocks the ports and what not so I don't have a lot of options. I have hamachi vpn, which works perfectly fine but the TouchPad doesn't have the option for hamachi vpn.

Does anyone have suggestions? I really like the splashtop app, its pretty sweet.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to access splashtop without being on the same wifi connection?

My apartment complex blocks the ports and what not so I don't have a lot of options. I have hamachi vpn, which works perfectly fine but the TouchPad doesn't have the option for hamachi vpn.

Does anyone have suggestions? I really like the splashtop app, its pretty sweet.

I'm pretty sure it is able to access your computer from any connection; although I too am having this problem, among others with the app.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    it will be a firewall issue somewhere. From my TouchPad, I can access my home pc which is 100 miles away on the internet. I set up a link via google mail and it works fine over my 3g phone (tethered).

I cannot set it up to access my works pc which is on the Hp internal network. Neither can I use the pc version of remote access to get at my home pc. So it must be a firewall inside Hp blocking the relevant ports.

alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    it will be a firewall issue somewhere. From my TouchPad, I can access my home pc which is 100 miles away on the internet. I set up a link via google mail and it works fine over my 3g phone (tethered).

I cannot set it up to access my works pc which is on the Hp internal network. Neither can I use the pc version of remote access to get at my home pc. So it must be a firewall inside Hp blocking the relevant ports.

alan
    I also set it up through my gmail, but how do I access it? It didn't really explain anything.

Sprint Love
    Can anyone help? When I try playing video's, I get sound but a black screen and no video. I am connecting to a Windows XP PC and use Windows Media Player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    C'mon guys, think it through. You're zoomed in on the screen, you want to scroll the window not the screen - how else do you do it without using something different from one finger ('cos that would simply move the TP view of the screen, not scroll the window).

Now as for the two-finger-swipe-causes-zoom thing - here I got locked into that, but closing Splashtop and running it again fixed it so it then worked correctly. Can't help thinking there's a bug in there somewhere.
    Two finger scrolling is the most awkward thing I have ever tried. The developer is the one who needs to figure it out. One finger for scrolling please
    Ok, I figured it out. You have to turn on internet discovery to be able to access your desktop from anywhere. Its under the preferences for the splashtop app. Once thats done, it'll say internet discovery and you can select that and it'll find it.

Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Love the App. My wife has this app on her iPad 2 so I can compare both. Scrolling is not as good as the iPad. All other things are almost identical.

BTW, I'm running it on a Vmware so my wife can access it, without interfering while I'm gaming. I just made my own VM (windows 7) and it works perfect. Thank goodness I got 16gb of RAM on my PC .. when I have both VM appliances running (win7 for wife - and win7 for me), my pc uses like 11GB

So guys, I suggest you run vm appliance so It won't interfere with your main desktop usage. Make sure it is windows 7 because you can't redirect sound if you use win xp.

Now, I can use spotify free version and listen to music.
    I'm very disappointed with this app. I signed in with my gmail as well. It refuses to find my work pc, even though everything is installed correctly. I even disabled firewall on my work pc. BTW, I work for myself, so there is no other secret firewall or anything on it and I use logmein from my netbook all the time to this pc without any problems.

splashtop's faq and help section were of no help.

is there anyone that is smarter than me that can help me out here? anyone have similar issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    ... running it on a Vmware so my wife can access it, without interfering while I'm gaming. I just made my own VM (windows 7) and it works perfect. Thank goodness I got 16gb of RAM on my PC .. when I have both VM appliances running (win7 for wife - and win7 for me), my pc uses like 11GB

So guys, I suggest you run vm appliance so It won't interfere with your main desktop usage. Make sure it is windows 7 because you can't redirect sound if you use win xp....
    what is this "vm appliance?" I have windows 7 premium and want to configure my home computer so it won't interfere if my wife is working on it while I access it through splashtop. Can I do this somehow? thanks
    how do you set it up to access the vm right away? I have two screens and it'll show my main desktop but that's it.

So you have your vm running 24/7?

Sprint Love
    I'm very disappointed with this app. I signed in with my gmail as well. It refuses to find my work pc, even though everything is installed correctly. I even disabled firewall on my work pc. BTW, I work for myself, so there is no other secret firewall or anything on it and I use logmein from my netbook all the time to this pc without any problems.

splashtop's faq and help section were of no help.

is there anyone that is smarter than me that can help me out here? anyone have similar issues?
    You need to allow access to 3 ports to your PC. If you haven't change the std ports it's 6783 to 6785. Forward these ports from the router to your PC.
    william munny likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    You need to allow access to 3 ports to your PC. If you haven't change the std ports it's 6783 to 6785. Forward these ports from the router to your PC.
    I have no idea what this means, but thanks for responding (i'm behind the time in a lot of tech).

The computer I want to hook up to is my laptop that is at my office, which is hardwired and not connected wirelessly; it is hooked up via the ethernet cable. does this make a difference?
    I have no idea what this means, but thanks for responding (i'm behind the time in a lot of tech).

The computer I want to hook up to is my laptop that is at my office, which is hardwired and not connected wirelessly; it is hooked up via the ethernet cable. does this make a difference?
    Usually a router (the device which connects your computer to the internet) blocks everything from outside to protect your computer. You need to open that to connect from outside to your computer.
    The internet protocol is using so called ports to connect to services. You have to talk to your admin to forward the ports 6783 to 6785 to your computer.
    Most likely he will not do that because of security issues.
    So you can't connect to your computer at work. This is not the fault of this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Usually a router (the device which connects your computer to the internet) blocks everything from outside to protect your computer. You need to open that to connect from outside to your computer.
    The internet protocol is using so called ports to connect to services. You have to talk to your admin to forward the ports 6783 to 6785 to your computer.
    Most likely he will not do that because of security issues.
    So you can't connect to your computer at work. This is not the fault of this app.
    i was aware it could be something on my end; but why can i use logmein from my netbook without a problem? Would the same issue preclude that set up? Yet that set up works perfectly.