Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    tbh their entitled to every penny they get, they didn't have to make it, ppl wanted it, there's no faster alternatives, and they kindly did it all for a dead hardware line.

but still ppl moan and *****, its a bit saddening.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellofund View Post
    I don't think anybody is quibbling about the quality of the app or the devs making some cash from it. However, if you release an app at what is advertised as a special introductory price and then slash it almost immediately afterwards then I think early adaptors have every right to be feeling a wee bit miffed.
    That's a good summary of how I felt. I went from defending the price early yesterday to feeling miffed as you said. It probably shouldn't have bothered me but I'm human and it did and I whined a bit which I probably shouldn't have done. I'm over it now and apologies for my biaaching, I haven't really had a chance to play with it yet but if the app is as good as many report, it was money well spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
    Did anybody try to watch a slingbox running on the remote computer?
    I was able to use both the Sling player (Windows) and the watch.slingbox website.
    It was a little slow but that's probably more my Internet speed more than anything else.
    Best $5 I've ever spent on an app, considering I spent $30 for the Android Sling player for my Evo 3D.
    $4.99! too rich for my blood. I'm going to wait until tomorrow for the $2.99 price.
    rickpub likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by avus View Post
    $4.99! too rich for my blood. I'm going to wait until tomorrow for the $2.99 price.
    $2.99! To rich for my blood, I'm waiting for $.99, or better yet free!

DOH! I already paid $9.99. I am hoping it proves to be worth it and think it will. Just have to skip McDonalds some day to cover the expense,
    Testing out the app... seems to work well with the bulltin board. Especially like the keyboard with addional functions.
    I thought I was reading a thread yesterday about Splashtop and there was a lot of discussion about the $9.99 price (I held off until I heard more about how well it worked). Just saw in another thread that the price is now $4.99 and I checked the store and it is showing $4.99? Did the price go down - didn't a whole lot of people just pay $9.99 for it over the last few days?

at $4.99 I'm getting it...
    Yes, there was a thread on it already. They dropped the price to 75% off last night.
    I bought it yesterday at 4.99
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    BTJepson likes this.
    This is the feature suggestion I made at the Splashtop website after testing out the program:

Toggle button to lock tablet screen zoom/position to allow one-finger scrolling inside applications

The interface is very cumbersome with the most basic touch gestures always dedicated to zooming/panning a higher resolution remote desktop, making it difficult to not only control actions within an application window, but to keep that window at a fixed view.

A quick fix would be a toggle button (in the keyboard interface, for example) that would lock the zoom and position of the tablet's screen, and allow those basic gestures to then perform actions within the active application window.
    Bought it yesterday morning at $10, sort of a bummer that it dropped even further, but what are you going to do...it does what it does without a lot of fuss.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Its now £3.98 in the UK catalogue. Well worth that!
    Dis likes this.
    Bought it yesterday for $4.99 (finally got a chance to use the 50$ code from HP).

I was amused to see it being able to connect from outside my firewall(s). I haven't bothered to check how it does that. Probably opens up a UPNP port on the router to the outside world. If that's the case, I better make a stronger password.
    <<Threads Merged>>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    How Can I bring up the QuickLaunch Bar??? Can't seem to 'mouse' down low enough to bring it up? (XP)
    Quote Originally Posted by touhctyipst View Post
    This is the feature suggestion I made at the Splashtop website after testing out the program:

Toggle button to lock tablet screen zoom/position to allow one-finger scrolling inside applications

The interface is very cumbersome with the most basic touch gestures always dedicated to zooming/panning a higher resolution remote desktop, making it difficult to not only control actions within an application window, but to keep that window at a fixed view.

A quick fix would be a toggle button (in the keyboard interface, for example) that would lock the zoom and position of the tablet's screen, and allow those basic gestures to then perform actions within the active application window.
    Great minds think alike:

Any chance of a 'Lock zoom' option? : Splashtop Remote - Support

Spoiler: They told me Iím not doing it right - I think it would really improve the app myself.
    Is anybody able to unlock ?

My computer at work auto lock and when I connect to splashtop, all I got is a blank screen.

I can't unlock!!!!! I tried ctr-alt-del, nothing happens.

Helps!
    Said yesterday I would purchase if it was $4.99. Now I have Will test it out and provide comments when I get to it, but looks great from first impression.
    just as a notice I managed to fix my sound issue by opening my port on my ADSL box (which is also a router). Now I just hoep the grey screen issue won't happen anymore, but I think it's gonna be ok since I can also reconnect easily to the session, thing I couldn't do before. I just wish I have more upload bw
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    But once you encounter the bug, two fingers will always zoom regardless of speed.

You can zoom in regardless of the resolution. Try it. Then try to explain how you could scroll and separately pan the window with a single gesture. Can't be done, you must have two gestures.
    this is wrong: you actully have to to swipe both fingers pointing in the same direction (like pinching something), you can even try with 1 finger on each hand if it is easier for you
    Quote Originally Posted by situbusitgooddog View Post
    Great minds think alike:

Any chance of a 'Lock zoom' option? : Splashtop Remote - Support

Spoiler: They told me I’m not doing it right - I think it would really improve the app myself.
    Great.

The problem is not only unintentional zooming, but also unintentional panning. They really need to address this, and I'm hoping a 'lock zoom/position' option is promoted by others, or a more elegant solution is developed.