Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    C'mon guys, think it through. You're zoomed in on the screen, you want to scroll the window not the screen - how else do you do it without using something different from one finger ('cos that would simply move the TP view of the screen, not scroll the window).

Now as for the two-finger-swipe-causes-zoom thing - here I got locked into that, but closing Splashtop and running it again fixed it so it then worked correctly. Can't help thinking there's a bug in there somewhere.
    I cant believe the amount of people complaining of spending $10 for this wonderful app. To be able to ensure that no matter what may or may not happen in the future your touchpad will remain usefull, $10 is a small price to pay, especially since most bought at firesale prices. Im just gonna say it, some people are just cheapskates geez!
    sweaner, netwrkr9 and fxspec06 like this.
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Is there any way to set my laptop (MBP) so that when I log into this from my touchpad, the screen does not wake and go on?
    This may be a dumb question, but is it possible for someone to use the remote computer you are accessing from your touchpad while you are connected to splashtop? I could only play around with the app for a few minutes last night, but did not know if you could "turn off" the synchronized movements in the remote computer and have the splashtop run in the background on your desktop that is being accessed so someone else could use the computer and do some work. thanks.
    now we just need the Xdisplay App from Splashtop to get Dual Screen ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarion View Post
    I cant believe the amount of people complaining of spending $10 for this wonderful app. To be able to ensure that no matter what may or may not happen in the future your touchpad will remain usefull, $10 is a small price to pay, especially since most bought at firesale prices. Im just gonna say it, some people are just cheapskates geez!
    It's not about spending 10$ for this app but the fact that now not even 24 hours later, the price is half of what it was and the 10$ was advertised as 50% off.
    Of course it is worth any penny but this is unfair for the rest of us that bought it in the beginning. It's not like it's 1 month later (like what happened to the TP), it's only 24 hours later and it was advertised as discounted.
    Dis likes this.
    Bought the App at $10.00, kinda bummed it when down, however I paid what I felt it was worth so I'm not exactly up in arms. However, I am having the same problem as voodoo addict in that I can't login using Google despite using the correct password (red x showing to the right of the password) I do not use 2 part authentication, and am not at the host computer to try and update the password. Anyone else have this error and able to correct it?
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    Of course it is worth any penny but this is unfair for the rest of us that bought it in the beginning.
    Yeah selling it with a 50% reduction seemed like a great way of thanking the early adopters who were most eagerly anticipating the release. To then a few hours later say "Ha! Suckers!" to those same first purchasers by slashing the price seems like a really weird move. It is a great app though.
    Dis likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    ... how else do you do it without using something different from one finger ('cos that would simply move the TP view of the screen ...
    I thought the TP view of the remote PC screen is fixed at the TP native resolution - at least that is my experience. The remote PC's display is changed to 1024x768 as soon as I connect with my TP. Thus there is no need to reserve oner finger swipes for anything but scrolling, as in the native Web-OS browser. As I said earlier this little feature makes this app unusable for me - if you cannot easily scroll up and down a browser window then it's a pretty poor solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by HPTouchpadOwner View Post
    I thought the TP view of the remote PC screen is fixed at the TP native resolution - at least that is my experience.
    Disclaimer: I haven't tried this yet -

If you go into the 'Advanced' section of the connection options (Where you set IP, Password etc) you can specify it to use 800x600, 1024x768 or the Native resolution of the computer you're connecting to.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    For all of those that are having issue with the Security Code, apparently there is an issue that Splashtop is aware of and working on. The two reported work-a-rounds are to use all capital letters or increase the length to something greater than the minimum of 8 characters (I personally increased my code to 12 characters).

Thanks to @llamabox for the increase character length and Splashtop Community for the upper case suggestion.
    Last edited by noseph; 09/27/2011 at 10:11 AM.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  12. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Once a thread is 20 pages long nobody really wants to go back and read (or search) to see if their questions have already been answered, so here's the hint about scrolling, again:

[tip]Tap once inside the window that you want to scroll (to activate it). Now to scroll, use two fingers and swipe upwards or downwards quickly. If you swipe slowly then it will try to zoom instead of scrolling.[/tip]
  13. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    For all of those that are having issue with the Security Code, apparently there is an issue that Splashtop is aware of and working on. The two reported work-a-rounds are to use all capital letters or increase the length to something greater than the minimum of 8 characters (I personally increased my code to 12 characters).
    When I was setting mine up, it wouldn't authenticate, so I removed the capital letters and it worked fine. Probably the answer is to use all the same case (either all uppercase or all lowercase) or to increase the password length to 12 characters.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Question for those who work on IT, have you've been able to install this on a server?
    Quote Originally Posted by h2o826 View Post
    i would like to thank everyone who followed and or clicked my Splashtop link (Splashtop - You asked for it! We listened!) to to sign up to be notified when the splashtop rdp app came for the TP. Ironically i did not get an email being notified that splashtop was released, did anyone get the email? I have not heard from anyone at splashtop regarding the contest winners, (crossing fingers). In the meantime you can all get the app currently on sale 75% off for $4.99 here: https://developer.palm.com/appredire...p.remote.webos

if you are one of the 10 winners, also let us know!

thanks again, also if you guys can please confirm that you followed my link and you know who i am if it asks you "do you know this person" my email address h2o826@yahoo.com. I guess for contest purposes? one of my friends who signed up got an email with something along those lines.
    I didn't get an email either. I don't know if you found it or somebody posted it lready but you were number one.

Splashtop Inc. - Blog - You asked for it! We listened!
    But once you encounter the bug, two fingers will always zoom regardless of speed.

I thought the TP view of the remote PC screen is fixed at the TP native resolution - at least that is my experience.
    You can zoom in regardless of the resolution. Try it. Then try to explain how you could scroll and separately pan the window with a single gesture. Can't be done, you must have two gestures.
    The Splashtop app on the Mac App Store for the iPad is only $2.99. How's that for some news. No Touchpad love?
  18. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    But once you encounter the bug, two fingers will always zoom regardless of speed.
    When the two-finger thing zoomed rather than scrolling I just used pinch-zoom to zoom out completely, then tried the scrolling method (activate then two-finger scroll) and it worked fine. Not so for you?
  19. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTJepson View Post
    The Splashtop app on the Mac App Store for the iPad is only $2.99. How's that for some news. No Touchpad love?
    It's not news at all, actually. Being that the thread is >400 posts long, though, I'll forgive you, lol. It has already been mentioned *numerous* times. There is a "search this thread" option.
    I normally have the task bar in Windows auto-hidden. Using splashtop there seems to be no quick way to make it appear. Anyone know a trick? (Currently you have to bring up the onscreen keyoard, tap once to focus it, tap on the rather small Windows key provided at the top of the keyboard, then get rid of the keyboard again - not impossible but not elegant).
    I've been trying to figure out the same thing, as I have my task bar auto-hide on XP and positioned at the top of my screen. Since my screen resolution is normally set to 1440x900, I have the "use native resolution" setting set which makes the screen not fill the full height of the display on the TouchPad. I found if I pull the display window down slightly and then tap at the very top of the Windows screen, I can get the task bar to unhide and get to my Start menu. It's not the perfect solution, but at least I can now get to my Start menu if needed without bringing up the virtual keyboard. Sometimes it takes a few taps to get the taskbar to appear.

For those of you who are at full screen 1024x768 resolution, I'm not sure if this will work. It might if you can reposition the screen vertically to get to the top or bottom edge, depending on where your taskbar is positioned.

Hope this helps.

-lunchman