Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhiz8577 View Post
    I have been using this since last Friday on my Pre2. It is fantastic very easy to use on my windows and mac computers.

I have been watching netflix and hulu on my phone. I am very pleased with the audio/video streaming. I can not wait for the touchpad to be released and have this app on it.

I am able to access my linux machines via vnc on my windows machine. Remotely controlling a remotely controlled machine is not the most ideal solution but it works very well.

I love this app!

Interesting...wonder how will this will work on a Pre- running 2.1? Actually I'd like to use this on my Mac and also do Hulu, Netfix or otherwise. Does anyone know if this can work remote of your home or office like LogMeIn?

Thanks and would love to see a video...need to do more research. Either way, this would be a great addition on a Touchpad. Thanks again, Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I've lost much more in single poker hands. I've paid much more for taxi fares when I could've waited for a bus. I've paid more for Venti Mocha Frappuccinos.
    Frappaccinos were on sale for 1/2 price from 3-5, BUT it ended on the 16th

I'm a little upset reading it is WiFi only. I don't see the point in this app for my personal use if I have to be home to use it. Why not just walk over to the PC?

EDIT: On second thought, might be fun to play with.
    [QUOTE=Orion Antares;2964371]Had to do it:
    [IMG]
    LOL nice
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Don't worry about the comparison. It's still just the price of a cup of coffee. Lower prices will happen when there are a few more webOS devices around.
    Damn man you must drink some expensive coffee. Even at 5 bucks, its worth it. LogmeIn, which is the best I have used is 30 bucks. Everyone on "another" forum rants and raves about how good Splashtop is on ios.

Most of the the good IOS remote apps range from 9 bucks to 20.

I'm hoping that once webos development gets going, the owners of P|C do something similar to another forum. They made a separate app site, much better than iTunes, that give you price drops, changes, updates. You can create an account and have it notify you when there are price changes. That's how I caught the only price drop in over a year for LogMeIn
    Last edited by sinsin07; 05/17/2011 at 10:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Got it a couple days ago and it does work well. WiFi-only stipulation limits its usefulness but I understand why they did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Frappaccinos were on sale for 1/2 price from 3-5, BUT it ended on the 16th

I'm a little upset reading it is WiFi only. I don't see the point in this app for my personal use if I have to be home to use it. Why not just walk over to the PC?

EDIT: On second thought, might be fun to play with.
    Port Forwarding. Splashtop defaults to port 6783. Forward that port.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Bought the app but can't use it. Running into this unanswered problem:
    Problems with latest installer : Splashtop Remote - Support

Nice.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Interesting...wonder how will this will work on a Pre- running 2.1?

Poorly unless my office wifi network is really just that bad. I bought it knowing it probably wouldn't be great and I will get a pre3 eventually but it really just barely works at all on my pre-.
    Ok, I just installed it and a cool app. However, I am at home and wonder if it only works if you the computer is on the local wi-fi, or do you just need a wi-fi connection to use it? I mean really, why would you use this if your computer is in the same house/building? Should be like remote desktop or logmein, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryang View Post
    Bought the app but can't use it. Running into this unanswered problem:
    Problems with latest installer : Splashtop Remote - Support

Nice.
    Can you run the installer in compatability mode maybe?
    Also, could it be an issue with antivirus or malware scanners?
    Just a couple of quick thoughts off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Splashtop Remote consists of two components: an application running on the WebOS device, and an application running on the computer. The smartphone or tablet connects to the computer over any network.

Source: Splashtop Launches Remote Desktop for HP’s webOS Devices | Business Wire
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Got it a couple days ago and it does work well. WiFi-only stipulation limits its usefulness but I understand why they did it.
    Hummm... new meaning for "ANY" huh?
    So how secure is this when going over open WiFi?
  12. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I'd be all over this for $4.99 . . . but I'm on 1.4.5. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for the Sprint side of the Palm Nation to enjoy app's like this !

(yeah, I know I could pre+/2 etc...)
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Can you run the installer in compatability mode maybe?
    Also, could it be an issue with antivirus or malware scanners?
    Just a couple of quick thoughts off the top of my head.
    Tried that and turned off AV. Installer works fine on Windows 7 32 bit.

Has anyone else installed the streamer on 64bit?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryang View Post
    Has anyone else installed the streamer on 64bit?
    Works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    So how secure is this when going over open WiFi?
    Not secure at all. The bigger question is, why use open wifi.
    Wow this looks really neat...if this thing works over the internet rather than just shared network, then $4.99 is definitely worth it. If it doesn't, that is still pretty neat and I think the price is fair...though it is perhaps less useful.

HP should make it a standard App on the Touchpadand advertize the Touchpad as having "full windows capabilities" for those who want a tablet that is less toy and more productivity.
    I haven't set this up yet, but you can set up port forwarding in your router and use your external IP and then, should be able to access your desktop away from your LAN. This is a pretty typical way to access your home computer, using the proper ports for Splashtop.

If you want to connect your home computer away from home via an outside network or via 3G connection from your tablet/phone, you will need the following setup:

Allow Splashtop Remote as a trusted application program to your 3rd-party firewall software application:

Check out a video guide from: Firewall Settings for Splashtop Remote.

If you have other 3rd-party anti-virus/firewall software application (e.g., ESET NOD, McAfee, Norton, ZoneAlarm, etc...) installed in your computer, please configure to add Splashtop Remote into the allowed program list (or, depending on your 3rd-party firewall software application, you may need to open three TCP ports. The default TCP ports are: 6783, 6784 and 6785).

NOTE: Firewall settings may differ depending on the firewall software you use and we can only provide guides to some of them but are unable to provide a detailed guide for all.
    Setup your home wireless router for port forwarding, please reference the following step-by-step tutorial guide:

Mac lover: Setup Apple Extreme for port forwarding.
    Windows lover or non-Apple wireless router: Setup Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router for port forwarding.
    On your tablet/phone, create a computer profile to your home computer: How do I add or specify a computer I want to connect to?

NOTE: For the IP address, you need to specify the external IP address you recorded from Step 2 or the DynDNS if you have it setup.
    After you have gone through all the above mentioned steps and their tutorial guides, you should be able to connect your tablet/phone to your home computer outside from home via either remote networks or 3G.

How do I connect to my home computer outside from home via remote network or 3G? : Splashtop Remote - Support
  18.    #38  
    This is the video link for the video: Splashtop Remote Firewall Settings

Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    I'd be all over this for $4.99 . . . but I'm on 1.4.5. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for the Sprint side of the Palm Nation to enjoy app's like this !

(yeah, I know I could pre+/2 etc...)
    +1

although seeing this app and learning about log me in has me pushing towards doing the custom 2.xx doctor on my sprint pre-. I take my last final tomorrow so I'll have a lot of extra time on my hands. I just wish the pre3 would get announced for carriers already so I could decide to wait or not.
    I went ahead and got it to try it out. Its pretty sweet. I set up my routers port forwarding and used my ip from whatismyip.com and was able to login over 3g and it works fine. I prefer log me in's ease of use, but this is the only option. Bad part I found is if you have to reset you ip address in the app if your router resets. I guess you could set up a static IP to avoid this issue. $5 is no big deal to me for a good app.
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast