Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    I just learned about the price reduction, this is frustrating for sure. I was surprised to learn that the 9,99 price tag was the 50% off price, when the app only costs 2,99 on the iPad, so I bought it right away and now there´s the real price cut to 4,99. Although I don´t regret buying splashtop again (I had it before on the iPad back then), I think they kind of rip off the touchpad users. The touchpad version is much more expensive than the iPad version and it seems to lack some of the features of the iOS version. Why is there no multi monitor support right away? It´s on the iPad for ages now, you just tap with three fingers on the screen or shake the device to switch between monitors, nothing here on the touchpad. That´s a bit disappointing, especially after this price cut a mere hours after I bet a lot of people bought the app already...
    £3:99 now
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Did anybody try to watch a slingbox running on the remote computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by fragger View Post
    £3:99 now
    Haha man being an early adopter sucks. I'm not too ****ed because the app is definitely worth the £7.50 or whatever I paid, at £3.99 it's a steal. I hope they throw in an update to fix the hyper sensitive zoom gesture or just change the scroll gesture to use three fingers so it doesn't get confused with zoom.
    Who knows? SplashTop does. Maybe they felt it was best to get a basic app, that works and applies to the majority, ie 1 monitor, and worry about multiple monitor support later.

As for the price...it is what it is. Maybe they felt they could charge a little more, knowing that (almost) everybody that has a TouchPad got a smoking deal on it.

Nobody will ever know unless somebody writes them an email and asks them directly....we could speculate until the cows come home and be none-the-wiser.

I'm just happy they went out of their way for webOS, they certainly weren't obligated to.

Here's to hoping enough people buy it, and create some sort of buzz within the developer community, so that other developers might take some interest in our niche platform
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    First thing is this is a great app! I have 2 quick questions that I'm hoping you guys can help with.

#1 - How to I bring up the dock in Lion OSX on the Touchpad? I've tried tapping & clicking at the bottom of the screen but nothing seems to pull it up. The only way I'm able to see the dock is by leaving up all the time (unchecking the automatically hide and show the Dock box) on my MBP.

#2 - Has anyone figured out scrolling while using Splashtop? I've tried the 2 finger swipe many,many times but it either does nothing or the screen zooms in/out. I've tried keeping my fingers together, separated, slightly closed, etc. but still having issues.

Thanks in advance.
    For your second question, try tapping the window you want to scroll with first to activate it, then try to scroll. Remember there will be a slight delay from when you scroll, to when you see it scroll.
    I'm just happy they went out of their way for webOS, they certainly weren't obligated to.
    True - a good point. The more I use this app the more I like it. (Just managed to do my first copy and paste!)

[Edit - oops, no I didn't, forgot I had switched back to the TP itself to post this! It's all too confusing - where am I??!]
    You got to be kidding? i bought it last night and paid £7.97 for it! Typical
    Dis likes this.
    I don't think I'd be passed about paying $10 or even $20, as much use as I'll be able to get out of this app if the internet speeds are anything resembling usable, let alone on LAN speeds. *Just for kicks, I was just playing an iMAX movie on my PC and picked it up on Splashing .. It looked absolutely fabulous. *I truly couldn't believe it. *

People on other platforms rave about how awesome Splash is and I can definitely see why. *I do agree about the scroll and zoom problem, though.

Something amazing about the Touchpad and it's software, I've bought way more apps on my Touchpad, and they've all been well worth it, compared to my iPod, where every app I've bought felt like a total rip off. *

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyix View Post
    anyone know if its possible for people who can't access the app in app cat to buy it?
    +1

Am in the UK trying to add a Natwest VISA debit card and I can't at all !! :-( I just really want to buy this app !! (
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sh-a-dow View Post
    Ugh i know same. Im kinda annoyed i didnt want to spend £8 on an app but i resigned myself only to find its like £3 now!

dont supose there is a way to claim the differance back?
    Dis likes this.
    So why does splash use two finger scrolling. I don't see single finger being used for anything else.

Makes me feel like a dog pawing around on the screen
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    Ugh i know same. Im kinda annoyed i didnt want to spend £8 on an app but i resigned myself only to find its like £3 now!

dont supose there is a way to claim the differance back?

I doubt there will be, from the reviews though it still sounds like its worth the £8 just frustrating thats all!
    Dis likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sh-a-dow View Post
    tbh their entitled to every penny they get, they didn't have to make it, ppl wanted it, there's no faster alternatives, and they kindly did it all for a dead hardware line.

but still ppl moan and *****, its a bit saddening.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    tbh their entitled to every penny they get, they didn't have to make it, ppl wanted it, there's no faster alternatives, and they kindly did it all for a dead hardware line.

but still ppl moan and *****, its a bit saddening.
    I don't think anybody is quibbling about the quality of the app or the devs making some cash from it. However, if you release an app at what is advertised as a special introductory price and then slash it almost immediately afterwards then I think early adaptors have every right to be feeling a wee bit miffed.

You are also being somewhat naive if you think this app was released as some kind of philanthropic gesture. Splashtop either had the app in development pre-firesale or decided to capitalise on a significant upturn in TP ownership to make a profit...make hay while the sun shines etc.
    Dis likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodooaddict View Post
    Anyone else having trouble getting the TouchPad to login to Splashtop's google authentication? The Streamer logs in fine. On the TouchPad I just get a red X in the password field after clicking the Sign In button under Splashtop's preferences.

I also tried to login to the google authentication via the Desktop Client, and that works fine.

I'm able to watch the Login attempts pass or fail on the google account, and it appears like the Splashtop's TouchPad App isn't even trying to authenticate. The same logs show the Desktop Client and the Streamer logged in just fine.
    For those of us using 2-step Google verification with app specific passwords, I believe I found the solution.

When setting up an app specific password Google gives you a 16-20 character password. Each 4 characters is separated by a space. Typically these spaces are optional and not required, however adding those spaces to the app password for the Splashtop TouchPad application fixed my problem. (The spaces weren't required for the Splashtop desktop client.) I suspect that the Touchpad version might have a minor bug enforcing an arbitrary password complexity rule on the google password field.

If you don't use 2-step verification and app specific password functionality on your google account the above probably sounds like gibberish
    Question - is there any particular state your computer needs to be in when accessing it, that is if the PC is in sleep mode will activating Slashtop on the TP wake the device?
    Quote Originally Posted by myPad5 View Post
    ... as anyone figured out scrolling while using Splashtop? I've tried the 2 finger swipe many,many times but it either does nothing or the screen zooms in/out. I've tried keeping my fingers together, separated, slightly closed, etc. but still having issues ...
    Same here - makes the app worthless to me! I just cannot get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    ... So why does splash use two finger scrolling. I don't see single finger being used for anything else ...
    Exactly ! Why on earth do they not do one finger scrolling