Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    How do you wake computers up from sleep mode?

-- Sent from my White HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    How do you wake computers up from sleep mode?

-- Sent from my White HP Touchpad
    Scream really loud.

Once you figure it out go into the control panel and change sleep to never. Sleep is always a bad thing.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottLive5 View Post
    for those black screens, try to not have the program's window in full screen. I got Media Center to work in a 'windowed mode"
    Thanks for the tip but doesn't seem to make much difference for me. Blank video both in full screen and windowed and it happens on WMP, VLC and GOM
    Don't have an immediate need for this app but at 75% off
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Also glad I waited. Just purchased for $4.99 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Yiddy View Post
    Thanks for the tip but doesn't seem to make much difference for me. Blank video both in full screen and windowed and it happens on WMP, VLC and GOM
    Try changing video setting in the player, so that the video is not using overlay. In VLC, it's tools>preference>video un-check "accelerated video output (overlay).

In WMP 11, it's in tools>options> performance> advanced uncheck "use overlay"
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    The video streaming performance of Splashtop is amazing. Sadly the video streaming is completely useless to me. Connection to my desktop shows only a blank video window with Splashtop. My laptop won't stream sound with Splashtop. Hey, maybe if I started two copies, one connected to each system, and started the video playback simultaneously on both of them...?

Actually I can get video from the desktop with the OpenGL setting, but the performance of my old desktop is too slow for streaming smooth video, so I really need to use my laptop.

Anyone have any ideas on the sound streaming? Obviously I have checked that sound streaming is turned on, that Stereo Mix is selected (under Advanced), and that Stereo Mix records correctly with apps like Audacity. However no sound comes through to Splashtop on the TouchPad. Same settings on my desktop system successfully stream sound.

Hmmm, sound streaming from the laptop works with Win7, but not with WinXP SP3 (it's dual-boot).
    Last edited by Semma2; 09/27/2011 at 01:07 AM.
    So I saw some questions about multimonitor support and some partial answers. Let me try to flesh it out a bit more:

I had a HUGE amount of problem with my setup today as a result of splashtop, I was able to work them out but I'll post my observations. The issues I had may not have been related to splashtop, but they showed up today because of the profile changing I was doing. Apparently Windows and my ATI drivers see my monitors in a different order from one another, so when I was applying new profiles, it would re-arrange my desktop different from what I expected. Be that as it may, its not what is the issue at hand here.

First: My home machine is a monster (3x27") Eyefinity setup that I usually just run in triple monitor mode rather than as a single eyefinity group because it makes working with the desktop (non gaming) stuff quite a bit easier.

So a picture of my setup is attached.

What I found when I would connect through Splashtop is that the center monitor would reduce to the 1024x768 (because I wanted it to) but the side 2 monitors would remain running at 1080p. The reason this is a problem is this: Those monitors are still active but splashtop cant switch to them. I have certain applications, browsers, file management windows, etc that automatically open on those windows because of my DisplayFusion Pro multimonitor application.

So when opening things like Firefox, it would open, but I couldnt see it or use it from splashtop.

This is what I did to counteract that:

I created a profile with only a single monitor active at 1024x768 in the ATI Catalyst drivers, so when I connect with Splashtop, I hold down (right click) on the ATI CCC icon in the task area and activate my Touchpad profile.

The only issue I'm seeing with it now is for some reason my desktop icons just dont ever show up. Its not critical as the icons arent anything I would need remotely but its just a bit weird.

EDIT:

Pardon the fingerprints and cat hair on the TP, couldnt tell they were there until the pictures were taken. Antiglare screen protector hides a lot when not in direct light.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by beradon; 09/27/2011 at 01:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    i would like to thank everyone who followed and or clicked my Splashtop link (Splashtop - You asked for it! We listened!) to to sign up to be notified when the splashtop rdp app came for the TP. Ironically i did not get an email being notified that splashtop was released, did anyone get the email? I have not heard from anyone at splashtop regarding the contest winners, (crossing fingers). In the meantime you can all get the app currently on sale 75% off for $4.99 here: https://developer.palm.com/appredire...p.remote.webos

if you are one of the 10 winners, also let us know!

thanks again, also if you guys can please confirm that you followed my link and you know who i am if it asks you "do you know this person" my email address h2o826@yahoo.com. I guess for contest purposes? one of my friends who signed up got an email with something along those lines.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Used splashtop all day at work, carrying my desktop into the exam rooms, showing my hp 'iPad', happy as a lark. Using the touchstone makes it all work, just pick it up and go. AT LAST! This software works perfectly, feels better on my touchpad than logmein on the ipads.
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Had to do the port forwards of 6873-6875 to get it working over the internet, and boy am I impressed. It will be amazing to work on Word documents for grad school using my laptop that is a 40 minute drive away at home.

I bought it at $9.99 and don't have a single gripe about the price reduction. This type of functionality is a game changer for me and worth every penny.
    sweaner likes this.
  13. Dis
    Yeah, what's with this price fluctuation? I snapped it up for 7.97 as it said 50% off for a limited time. It was for a limited time too as now the catalogue says 75% off,(can't see the new UK price as it's already purchased)
    It's a cool app but this price wobble seems a little dodgy.
    Best purchase on the app store so far, and by far for $5.
    Set up in minutes without a glitch on my 5 yr old Dell Inspiron 6400 core duo T2350 1.86GHz 2GB ram laptop running XP sp3. Netgear (comcast) WGR614 wireless router B&G only.
    I can now play archived ogg streaming radio shows from my favorite station via winamp.
    Watched an mkv h264 720p video via KMP player. Had no video at first. Changed preferences > video processing > to Enhanced Video Renderer to get the picture on the touchpad. Audio is just slightly out of sync and video stutters occasionally. Fiddling more with the KMP settings might help.
    I'll try my win 7 i3 laptop next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan_ View Post
    Had to do the port forwards of 6873-6875 to get it working over the internet, and boy am I impressed. It will be amazing to work on Word documents for grad school using my laptop that is a 40 minute drive away at home.

I bought it at $9.99 and don't have a single gripe about the price reduction. This type of functionality is a game changer for me and worth every penny.
    Going to have to agree, despite the fact I previously had RDP support through my HTC EVO 3D phone, the function of using a 1080p 27" screen on a 4.3" display is more than a little annoying. I was looking for some form of remote desktop application with good speed and possible streaming support (kinda bonuses) so I could remote desktop in something larger than my hand.

Works great, looks great. Worth every penny.
    I normally have the task bar in Windows auto-hidden. Using splashtop there seems to be no quick way to make it appear. Anyone know a trick? (Currently you have to bring up the onscreen keyoard, tap once to focus it, tap on the rather small Windows key provided at the top of the keyboard, then get rid of the keyboard again - not impossible but not elegant).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    I normally have the task bar in Windows auto-hidden. Using splashtop there seems to be no quick way to make it appear. Anyone know a trick? (Currently you have to bring up the onscreen keyoard, tap once to focus it, tap on the rather small Windows key provided at the top of the keyboard, then get rid of the keyboard again - not impossible but not elegant).
    Hey!!! That's my trick!!!
    Anyone else having trouble getting the TouchPad to login to Splashtop's google authentication? The Streamer logs in fine. On the TouchPad I just get a red X in the password field after clicking the Sign In button under Splashtop's preferences.

I also tried to login to the google authentication via the Desktop Client, and that works fine.

I'm able to watch the Login attempts pass or fail on the google account, and it appears like the Splashtop's TouchPad App isn't even trying to authenticate. The same logs show the Desktop Client and the Streamer logged in just fine.
    I'm not real happy I paid $10 for it instead of the $5 but whatever, I paid $10 for an Android remote desktop (PhoneMyPC) about 2 years ago and I like SplashTop better so far so it's not a huge deal. It works great for what I use it for (mostly setting up torrents while I'm at work... Yeah I know there's an app for that but remote desktop is more useful overall imo). I <3 it.
    anyone know if its possible for people who can't access the app in app cat to buy it?