Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Here's a little strangeness on my system. This is from outside my LAN:

If I use my Dyndns address on my touchpad, it doesn't connect. The same dyndns address on a PC works fine so my port forwards are ok. I checked with my dyndns account and the ip is correct.

If I use the ip address, connects just fine on the touchpad.

Using Internet discovery via gmail account works ok too.

I've been using Splashtop HD on Android for a while now and have not seen this before.
  2. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamScar View Post
    what kind of setups are you guys running that are getting smooth video playback? I can't even get an sd .AVI file to run smoothly.

I've got a pentium 4 @ 3.20 and 2gb ram running windows 7.

I already tried opening the three ports and restarting the router, comp and TP.
    You may want to upgrade, but even older quad cores (or dual cores) will work.

My setup: Q9650 (older quad-core) overclocked to 4.1 GHz, 2 video cards + TV tuner card, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7.

Runs beautifully. Earlier tonight I streamed live TV from windows media center to my TP with the TP tethered to my phone, just to see if it would work nicely. It did, so when I get back to work next week there should be no issues with video and audio streaming, and I'll be able to check in on the children via webcam.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larsoncc View Post
    Hi, please don't take this the wrong way, but... Buy a new PC. Your processor was literally in production 8 years ago.

According to this page, you're lower than the minimum system requirements by a full CPU core...
    Main product page for Splashtop Remote Desktop

A new quad core complete computer is $200-300 USD on tigerdirect or newegg.
    well ****. Guess I should have looked for some requirements before jumping the gun and buying the app.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210 View Post
    Here's a little strangeness on my system. This is from outside my LAN:

If I use my Dyndns address on my touchpad, it doesn't connect. The same dyndns address on a PC works fine so my port forwards are ok. I checked with my dyndns account and the ip is correct.

If I use the ip address, connects just fine on the touchpad.

Using Internet discovery via gmail account works ok too.

I've been using Splashtop HD on Android for a while now and have not seen this before.
    Same here, it works with the IP but not with the dyndns server.... they probably forgot to include the resolve hostname in there!
    you guys are talking about your computer power but I think the internet connection matters most...especially upload speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    Any word on refunds? I bought right away to reward developers who are still supporting webOS, my reward is to overpay I guess.
    I need 4.99 back. I bought it because it said limited time for 9.99. I bought it because I didn't want to pay 19.99. This is fraudulent. I need the $5 back. This is exactly what HP did with Touchpad. At least they were kind enough to match the new firesale price. Splashtop should do the same.
    Last edited by palmpre06062009; 09/27/2011 at 07:46 AM.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    otaillon, Dis, EP2011 and 2 others like this.
  7. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottLive5 View Post
    you guys are talking about your computer power but I think the internet connection matters most...especially upload speed.
    Agreed that connection speed matters, but the Splashtop server will also use up resources encoding and streaming content (hence the Splashtop website listing minimum system requirements as 1 GB RAM + 1.6GHz or faster processor). There have been a few posts, already, about the amount of system resources being used when streaming.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottLive5 View Post
    I just tested out on my old eee900 netbook just to see. no dice, cant even get two levels into my file directories lol.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luigidk View Post
    Funny - I try using my media player - (either PotPlayer or KMP) from my Touchpad using Splashtop - and I just get a black window...)

(XP sp3 on my desktop)
    I'm having a similar problem with WinXP sp3. Any video file I open (various file types and various different media players) all result in audio only with a black video screen. It's really weird because the video is playing fine on the pc.

I saw your post about changing the settings on the player to opengl. Will give this a try but seems a strange thing to have to do to fix the problem......
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I am tetHered to tHe internet on my TouCHpad using my Pre-, ConeCted using tHe Common gmail logon. It works, but I find it odd to HaVe to do tHis, logmein does not HaVe to do so.

NotiCe all my C, H and V's are Capitalized? THe lower Case for tHose letters don't work for me using SplasHtop, anyone else HaVing tHat issue?
    OK, so it turns out that some sort of rogue keyboard mapping must have done this when activating Splashtop. I came direct to the forum on the PC and found the same issue. Closing Splashtop was not enough, had to restart Firefox.

I hope the Splashtop devs are reading this, very annoying, they must fix these items to even make it useable.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    So did I. Took me a while, but I've calmed down about it. Probably shouldn't have gotten to me but it did. Think it was the wording in the original description, something to the effect "get it now before it goes up to $20", which now seems likely won't happen after all and then they instead cut the price in half. Anyway, as i said, I'm calm and still hoping it will turn out to be a good deal and I'll be satisfied. In reality the price changing should have nothing to do with my satisfaction with the deal. And in the long term I don't think it will. I do feel a bit misled but I'll get over it,
    Seems kinda foolish to bite the early adopters/supporters. They should refund the diff I think. I was going to purchase right away, but the higher price compared to the other platforms gave me pause. The get it now thing also has the reverse effect on me.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I need 4.99 back. I bought it because it said limited time for 9.99. I bought it because I didn't want to pay 19.99. This is fraudulent. I need the $5 back.
    I got mine for 4.99 so I can't relate, and it is only $5, HOWEVER, I think you have a point, this is what I was thinking, if you advertise that the price is 9.99 and you better hurry because the price is going to go to 19.99, then you reduce it to 4.99, there could be some element of fraud here.

BUT, if they do eventually raise it to 19.99, does that eliminate the fraud aspect?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Dis likes this.
    for those black screens, try to not have the program's window in full screen. I got Media Center to work in a 'windowed mode"
    I just remember something from when I first used Splashtop HD on Android. On some windows system (XP) you can't use overlay for video. That means you have to turn off Overlay on the specific video player.
    I'm glad I waited. I got it for 4.99 & it's pretty sweet. I'm using it now to post from my TouchPad using the Chrome Browser, and it's so fast compared to using the TouchPad's Browser. It's just as if I'm using my laptop, Splahtop is a sweet app!

For 5 bucks, this is a must have.
    this is the best app ever. No need for other streaming apps because splashtop does it all!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Just snagged it while it was still $4.99

Its cool at first but i'm starting to get "connection lost, reconnecting issues". And is anyone else having trouble with scrolling? it always zooms in instead like im pinching when i am not.
    *** paid 10 now its 5 not even 1 day , kind of ****ed ....but still good to have

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
  19. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonavalon View Post
    Just snagged it while it was still $4.99

Its cool at first but i'm starting to get "connection lost, reconnecting issues". And is anyone else having trouble with scrolling? it always zooms in instead like im pinching when i am not.
    [tip]Tap once inside the window that you want to scroll (to activate it). Now to scroll, use two fingers and swipe upwards or downwards quickly. If you swipe slowly then it will try to zoom instead of scrolling.[/tip]
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Ah ok! that helped thanks!