Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    How do I disconnect the active session from the Touchpad? I don't see a command for that. Is there a FAQ somewhere that shows all the available Splashtop commands?
    alright .. i've used it for 30 seconds and this thing is HOT. I;m typin gthis on my PC and watching it on the TP :-). In my house w/ fast wifi, so im sure it wont be so smooth while traveling. still ,the browser looks / works better via Spalshtop then the Local TP browser. nice
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Any word on refunds? I bought right away to reward developers who are still supporting webOS, my reward is to overpay I guess.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I think the price drop was the right move. Purchased!
    I suspect perhaps that the app was supposed to be 50% off $9.99 in the first place. When it dropped at $9.99 with the claim that it was 50% off, a lot of people (including me) were very surprised. Now I've gone ahead and purchased it.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 09/26/2011 at 09:38 PM.
    Okay so I have found my first issue which may be related to my pc and not to the app but it happened whilst using the App so I will put it here.

Whilst browsing a video on my pc that was running very smoothly my pc crashed out, now it is in an endless spin of load up -> blue screen -> attempt to reset the display adapter fails . I know that the App re-size's desktop resolution so I assume the two are related.
    Fantastic NEWS and thanks for the thumbs up! SplashTop Rocks or I suspect it will as soon as I get around to buying it. Thanks either way for the heads-up! Sorli...
    Hmm, payed $9.99, now it's at fire sale prices!
    I can't get this to work at all ..the streamer freezes my desktop to the point I can't even open firefox..my computer is pretty old but its basically just set up to use to rdp my phone and watch movies on my tv...I wish we had a true rdp app that works straight of xp pro
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    Sorry for starting a new thread on this app, but another 50% price off just after it dropped at $9.99 seemed to warrant it. Don't know how long the price will last, so if you interested, go for it. (I did.)
    I think this has already been posted in another thread. But thanks for posting. I'd thank you if it wasn't rubbing it in that I paid the $9.99. Garrr!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    Any word on refunds? I bought right away to reward developers who are still supporting webOS, my reward is to overpay I guess.
    I wouldn't count on a refund. Would be nice but my experience with the HP App catalog so far is you pay what you pay and that's the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboyo View Post
    I can't get this to work at all ..the streamer freezes my desktop to the point I can't even open firefox..my computer is pretty old but its basically just set up to use to rdp my phone and watch movies on my tv...I wish we had a true rdp app that works straight of xp pro
    This is why I'm hesitant to get. I wish you had a period of time to try it first and make sure it works.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Running Windows 7, can't get it to work. Every time I try to connect to my PC on my local network, I get "Wrong Security Code, Could Not Connect"

EDIT: i noticed that my security code in preferences on my touchpad was changed to a lot of dots... so for the hell of it i changed my code on my PC to the max 20 character limit and i was able to connect.
    noseph likes this.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    what kind of setups are you guys running that are getting smooth video playback? I can't even get an sd .AVI file to run smoothly.

I've got a pentium 4 @ 3.20 and 2gb ram running windows 7.

I already tried opening the three ports and restarting the router, comp and TP.
    AMAZING! This is something I have been waiting for! Now I can run the A/V computer from the front of the church!
    Quote Originally Posted by christr View Post
    yeah that's what I did to make it work. However, I thought some of the point of this app was to uPNP autoconfig your router. Maybe its just my crap actiontek.

--Chris
    It did well enough with mine, but it is running dd-wrt.
    Is there a way to disconnect or save a connection. I finally got it to work ONCE. Exited and when i started it back up I could not connect through the network.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamScar View Post
    what kind of setups are you guys running that are getting smooth video playback? I can't even get an sd .AVI file to run smoothly.

I've got a pentium 4 @ 3.20 and 2gb ram running windows 7.

I already tried opening the three ports and restarting the router, comp and TP.
    Hi, please don't take this the wrong way, but... Buy a new PC. Your processor was literally in production 8 years ago.

According to this page, you're lower than the minimum system requirements by a full CPU core...
    Main product page for Splashtop Remote Desktop

A new quad core complete computer is $200-300 USD on tigerdirect or newegg.
    stlcardinal9 likes this.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am tetHered to tHe internet on my TouCHpad using my Pre-, ConeCted using tHe Common gmail logon. It works, but I find it odd to HaVe to do tHis, logmein does not HaVe to do so.

NotiCe all my C, H and V's are Capitalized? THe lower Case for tHose letters don't work for me using SplasHtop, anyone else HaVing tHat issue?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxKoss View Post
    It did well enough with mine, but it is running dd-wrt.
    dd-wrt ftw
    LinuxKoss likes this.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am tetHered to tHe internet on my TouCHpad using my Pre-, ConeCted using tHe Common gmail logon. It works, but I find it odd to HaVe to do tHis, logmein does not HaVe to do so.

NotiCe all my C, H and V's are Capitalized? THe lower Case for tHose letters don't work for me using SplasHtop, anyone else HaVing tHat issue?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s