Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Hopefully the extra money from us "early" adopters goes to updating the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I don't suppose HP offered you any relief on your touchpad?
    Ya I got price match through Best Buy AND I qualified for $50 MIR from HP, so my 32gb TouchPad was only $100.

As far as the price drop on Splashtop, for those that bought early maybe they have a way to credit you $5 back?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llamabox View Post
    Running Windows 7, can't get it to work. Every time I try to connect to my PC on my local network, I get "Wrong Security Code, Could Not Connect"

EDIT: i noticed that my security code in preferences on my touchpad was changed to a lot of dots... so for the hell of it i changed my code on my PC to the max 20 character limit and i was able to connect.
    Make sure your password doesn't have any capital letters. I had the same error till I changed the pwd.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    How about using a Slingbox using a web browser?
    Or the Sling player itself?
    If it works, I may be buying.
    worked with slingbox to DISH 922 just fine - not in a browser
    Quote Originally Posted by Account View Post
    How well does it work with multiple monitors? My PC is running two monitors with UltraMon and would be interested to know if it works well. Thanks
    Well I went ahead and purchased it anyway. It only shows your main monitor, and not any others.
    Yeah totally scummy business tactics. I also purchased it for $10 earlier today and now its $5. It works great and I'm happy with it but man does that **** me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet greggo View Post
    Ya I got price match through Best Buy AND I qualified for $50 MIR from HP, so my 32gb TouchPad was only $100.

As far as the price drop on Splashtop, for those that bought early maybe they have a way to credit you $5 back?
    I would appreciate that very much but I highly doubt it
    pretty sure i have now used this to turn my home desktop into a music streaming server for my touchpad so i dont have to store any music on here. unfortunately the app seems to have disconnection issues if you minimize the card. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Huh. Well now don't I feel like a sucker and a fool for having defended, and paid, the higher price just this morning. Sigh. I hope it's as good as an app as folks are saying. Learned a lesson about defending app prices only to be made to look like a sucker though, might be a while before I do that again,
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuser-Invent View Post
    Yeah totally scummy business tactics. I also purchased it for $10 earlier today and now its $5. It works great and I'm happy with it but man does that **** me off.
    I have to admit I never seen an app come out at one price and then drop hours latter. I'm surprised though at Splashtop, I'm using them on another system and never saw them do something like this. I would not sweat the 5 bucks. Webos needs this app. Maybe email them and they may give you a promo on something else in the future.
    Very nice app. I bought it for the 9.99 price and I have been playing around with it. It really strains my PC taking my CPU to 100% from it's usual 24%ish but that isn't a problem, it's nice to have access to my desktop and it is relatively fast.
    It's $5 now? Damn I just paid $10 for it a little over 3 hours ago.

Love the app btw, worth every penny. It's better than all remote desktop apps I've used on mobile platforms. Browsing and Netflix are smooth and stream all my content from two home servers is great.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    The price drop is kinda weird. But oh well. It has been working alright for me. The only issue I have is that it won't connect over my university's wireless connection via the google discovery service, though I can find it when using freetether on my Pre 2.
    Am I allowed to get mad at this price drop?

*sigh*

I kinda feel let down.

So - I tested Windows Media Center, and it works well, IF you get "The Maxifier" - The Maxifier - the maxifier allows you to one-click maximize the screen, without actually Maximizing the app (going full screen).

The Maxifier is freeware, and it's meant for people with multiple monitors, but works GREAT for using Media Center with Splashtop!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Just purchase at $4.99! kaboom!
    Price drop weird? I don't think so. They managed to get everyone that's been waiting for it, to pay "full(50% off)" price. There were roughly 190 reviews by the time they changed the price. Then they knock it down another 25% and snag all those sitting on the fence.

Considering they have the same app for other OS's...I'd hardly think they are "starving" developers. This was simply a nice gesture by them,(to write up a webOS app), and made them some more money.It took them roughly a month to make/port, more icing on the cake for them.

You can debate whether or not it was ethical, but I think if you paid $5, or $10, or even $20.....you're still getting your money's worth.(and I paid $10.....guess I'll just buy te less coffees this week to make up for it )
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I just bought it 4.99.

Now will I use it?
  17. nj
    Bare minimum functionality on the touch interface.
    Very poor video decoding performance.

Very disappointing.
    yes but can it run crysis??

the answer is yes and the bluetooth keyboard works just fine!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    sweet greggo likes this.
    Just like sledge streaming from nextflix is about 1-5 seconds off so it stutters and it likes to lose connection and reconnect alot. Very happy that ventrilo works on it.
    Yeah, ****ed and glad at the same time. I bought it too this AM for $10, now at $5 I don't mind (as much) buying for each of the family's TPs...3 more.