Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I am having a connection issue over my local network to my Win7x64 system. I get "Wrong security code, Could not connect" error. I have rebooted PC, TouchPad and router. Any ideas?

Edit: Solved - For any others having this issue - increase the length of your Security Code. After changing mine from 8 to 12 it started to work.
    Last edited by noseph; 09/27/2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Solved
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    A one time payment of 10 bucks. You get video that's acceptable, sound that's good and full access to all sites your computer has. In secret, I would have paid 20 bucks for this without the video.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Quote Originally Posted by fraincs View Post
    anyone tried Win 8 with it?
    Yep, it works just fine with Windows 8 Developer Preview. Although, I do have one issue. I can't get the sound from my PC on the TouchPad. Could this be because I am using this with Windows 8?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  4. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    just picked it up for $5, they just put it up for sale at 75% off.
    PC, MAC???

We need more linux apps for these devices...
    Dirty, dirty, dirty Esso bees. Oh well. I think I have a bowl of milk on my kitchen floor to cry about.
    fredewins likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    That's more like it! Thanks for the heads up.
    Awesome! Just the price I was looking for! Maybe sales haven't been as good as they were hoping for?
    everyone make sure you put your reviews in on the app catalog, the more reviews the more people outside of this forum will purchase = more support = more development
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet greggo View Post
    Ouch, that's pretty steep for a tablet app. Maybe it will pop up on one of HP's giveaways.
    Splashtop is $5 for Android and $3 for the iPad. I know the user base for the TouchPad is a lot smaller than the other but still... that's a big difference in price.

It sounds like a great app and truth be told I was looking forward to getting it but $10 is a lot to drop on an app for a tablet. Someone needs to do a video review so I can talk myself into the purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I'm a bit torn on this app:

1. Rdp is usable already thanks to the community, and will probably be in preware before long. I definitely need rdp for work, so splashtop really only fits in at home.
    2. Concerned about CPU use on the host - 100% of one core? Really? Rdp and vnc don't have even close to that overhead.
    3. $10 is a little steep for an app that meets only part of my needs... If it did rdp and vnc too, then I'd pay $20

still, I bet splashtop works really well and I do want to support webOS devs while we gave any
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Like the app. My initial reaction was that $10 was too high, then I remembered I saved $200 on the TP.
    People, you are experiencing "apps for tablet price shock". This same phenomenon was experienced with iOS users. If you want quality apps, you got to pay. Ten bucks for a tablet app is nothing, especially a quality remote app. Tablet apps cost more. Do they have to? I have no idea. Buy it.
    There will be "universal" apps, and the same apps for phone and tablet, but priced differently. That of course if webos survives.

Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    Guys, the pricing is in line with the other platforms. Splashtop HD is $20 for iPad and $10 for Android. The original Splashtop is $5 for Android. The HD version is what we're getting for the TouchPad.
    The price was never $20 for the iPad, however it will soon be going up to 20.00. The most it ever was for the iPad was 9.99.
    Here is a link with a price history: Ipad Splashtop
    Wow, can't believe they dropped the price to $5. I held off since I haven't paid $9.99 for an app since my original Pre- (Need for Speed). Bought at $5.
    Interesting price drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    People, you are experiencing "apps for tablet price shock". This same phenomenon was experienced with iOS users. If you want quality apps, you got to pay. Ten bucks for a tablet app is nothing, especially a quality remote app. Tablet apps cost more. Do they have to? I have no idea. Buy it.
    There will be "universal" apps, and the same apps for phone and tablet, but priced differently. That of course if webos survives.

The price was never $20 for the iPad, however it will soon be going up to 20.00. The most it ever was for the iPad was 9.99.
    Here is a link with a price history: Ipad Splashtop
    Well they just dropped the price to $5 which is more reasonable for this. Maybe they experienced a little shock themselves in the form of lower than expected sales. I'm glad they dropped the price and love the app!
    Scummy business tactics! "Hurry and get it for $10 before it goes UP to $20! HURRY, HURRY, HURRY!!!".... 6 hours later 50% price DROP.

I might be using their app, but I won't be promoting it. I believe in positive business ethics and these guys are showing that they have none.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Glad a waited a few to pick this up. Repped!! (do we do that here??). Will test it out shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Huh. Well now don't I feel like a sucker and a fool for having defended, and paid, the higher price just this morning. Sigh. I hope it's as good as an app as folks are saying. Learned a lesson about defending app prices only to be made to look like a sucker though, might be a while before I do that again,
    Dude I bought my TouchPad on day 1. I know all about defending a high price and then watching it get slashed a lot sooner than expected.
    This app is amazing. I now have Netflix on my Touchpad. I feel bad about the people that bought the app this morning, but I never would have bought the app for $10 so Splashtop picked up at least one new customer with this new sale price.
    I purchased with my $50 dollar gift from HP, plus they refunded me $450 on my 32 GB TouchPad so I got my TouchPad for $99, sweet!
    wait a sec... I bought this earlier for $9.99 and it's dropped already???
    why the hell do I early adopt
    Dude I bought my TouchPad on day 1. I know all about defending a high price and then watching it get slashed a lot sooner than expected.
    Hah! Well. You can't win 'em all. I just wish I'd kept my mouth shut about defending the price earlier, makes me look and feel kinda stupid. It's my money and my choice, just next time I won't shoot my mouth off defending higher app prices. And as I'm basically cheap, next time I'll probably hold off and wait for a lower price as folks were trying to tell me to this time. I mean I knew they were probably right but never imagined the price would be cut in half the same day! Oh well at least it as only $5 difference for me. I don't suppose HP offered you any relief on your touchpad? Man that sucks. I mean the touchpad is probably worth it but it's gotta hurt to see it's future as a product blow away in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    wait a sec... I bought this earlier for $9.99 and it's dropped already???
    why the hell do I early adopt
    I feel ya, did the same and shot my mouth off in the forums about it to add insult to injury! Oh well, I've been posting here how you can't win 'em all so guess it's time to have a dose of my own medicine.