Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Does it work if you have dual monitors? Will I be able to see desktop icons on secondary monitor? Thanks for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by larsoncc View Post
    Can someone tell me about the browsing experience using Splashtop?

Has anyone tried a 3D game using Splashtop?

Has anyone tried to remote control (RDP) another computer, while Splashtop'ed into their computer?

I notice in the YouTube video posted, clicking seems to be a real pain. Is that "just this video" or is clicking an actual issue to worry about?
    I tried Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and no dice.....(pun intended).
  3. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Is it made to only connect easily to pc's on your router? I know with the one for my Pre I had to set it up so my ip address / forwarding / port were correct or I couldnt connect outside my house. I plan to purchase though.
    It can connect to PCs outside your local network. Others have done it. Check out the other thread (http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...catalog-8.html). I have used Splashtop on my Android tablet to remotely log into my home computer and it worked fine, but I haven't tried it with the TouchPad, yet...won't be back at work for a week.
    So for me, I had to manually setup the connection to my router to use this over the internet... the whole 'google' discovery thing didn't work. it found it, but woudln't connect. Really annoying.

Second, I can't seem to move windows around... maybe i'm stupid.. i'll try some more.

Third, anyone whining about price should just put a sock in it. They didn't have to do this app, they know WebOS is a dead OS (HP, regardless of their talk, will dump on this like they did the hardware it runs on, if they keep it, it'll be for crap like printers/scanners). So, they're gonna get what they can to recoup their dev investment. $10 isn't bad... I paid double that for Pocketcloud.. tho in all reality, that's worth double since pocketcloud is actually and RDP app...

--Chris
    there are 3 port to open on your router to connect via lan or discovery. They are TCP 6783, 6784 and 6785 by default. Reboot your router and you're done. It should resolve almost all connection issues.

I put this entry in bold since it's a major known issue that people seems to always encounter when behind a router or firewall.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    It can connect to PCs outside your local network. Others have done it. Check out the other thread (http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...catalog-8.html). I have used Splashtop on my Android tablet to remotely log into my home computer and it worked fine, but I haven't tried it with the TouchPad, yet...won't be back at work for a week.
    you have top logon into google for it to find it. it works fine tried it
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    Does it work if you have dual monitors? Will I be able to see desktop icons on secondary monitor? Thanks for your help
    Hey atm i cant manage to get dual screen working, it only shows display 1. but you can disable the second display which using splashtop so not the biggest issue. Still a bit annoying!
    khalid7412002 likes this.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Wanted to see if i can get miecraft to work. The lag makes it pretty unusable but i cant find a way to hotkey look left or right up down atm i have to touch to turn which takes ages.

everything else works great!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Has anybody tried running a Direct3D program? There is a support ticket on the Splashtop website indicating that it'll run in Windowed mode with the iPad version...
    for what its worth i was able to load a game via steam
    playing it was a different matter. controlling mouse with finger gestures + no physical keyboard made me quit after 2 seconds lol
    Can anyone compare their windows 8 splashtop experiences with mine. I used a crappy 9 year old pc with 512mb ram. Anyone else used Windows 8?
    This test using my Pre- and freeTether. (TouchPad running at 1.728GHz)

I just tried streaming a hockey game from cbc.ca. The sound is bang on, but the video lags by about 5 seconds. The video is closer to real time when not maximized to full screen, but it's still kind of choppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    i only see my first desktop, no option to switch as of yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    for what its worth i was able to load a game via steam
    playing it was a different matter. controlling mouse with finger gestures + no physical keyboard made me quit after 2 seconds lol
    several games work fine, the only issue i had was that the bluetooth keyboard worked but the arrow keys did not, fine for WASD games, face to desk for ones that arent/cant remap.
    I have no sound :/ any chance it is a port routing issue? I have Win7 + onboard audio => won't redirect winamp nor win media player classic

And I also have the grey screen issue :/
    yes but can it run crysis??

the answer is yes and the bluetooth keyboard works just fine!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Did some digging to see some videos of how SplashTop works on a tablet and found this interesting link of someone playing Age of Empire 3 on their iPad using SplashTop to connect to their Windows 7 computer. Here's the link and they also reference changes for Age of Empire 3 to make it playable and updates to SplashTop that may also be available on the TouchPad to add on-screen controls for RTS game play.

Can anyone confirm some of these SplashTop features referenced in the video being available on SplashTop for the TouchPad?
    Thanks, Sorli...
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I changed my video rendering setting in my media player to opengl, and I am now able to view videos on my touchpad.

not sure why that was necessary?
    Works alright. With a wireless mouse/keyboard, you can play any game from your touchpad. It's really laggy though, with a 0.5 second delay, and 15 fps (maybe less).

Video runs really slowly as well. Kind of cool though. Wish I hadn't spent that $10 for it.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Did some digging to see some videos of how SplashTop works on a tablet and found this interesting link of someone playing Age of Empire 3 on their iPad using SplashTop to connect to their Windows 7 computer. Here's the link and they also reference changes for Age of Empire 3 to make it playable and updates to SplashTop that may also be available on the TouchPad to add on-screen controls for RTS game play.

Can anyone confirm some of these SplashTop features referenced in the video being available on SplashTop for the TouchPad?
    Thanks, Sorli...
    List what features you want to know about. It is just like the video, just not as smooth (for me) I have more lag

It doesnt have the arrows
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    List what features you want to know about. It is just like the video, just not as smooth (for me) I have more lag

It doesnt have the arrows
    I guess they call it Gesture Controls in SplashTop (Three Finger Tap). I'm like everyone else...want the best and I'm sure they'll improve the performance and hopefully they bring the arrow controls...very useful in RTS games. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=EP2011;3178570]FYI: Splashtop for the ipad is $2.99. The highest it's ever been is $10 and it's been $0.99 at one point./QUOTE]

I just looked it up in the App store on my iMac and it says it is going for $9.99 for compatibility w/the phone & iPad. That's as of 5:22 PM Central time on 9/26.