Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by funb0b View Post
    Seriously, I'm quite surprised that 10 $or£ is such a big deal its not even the cost of a Blu-Ray or trip to the cinema.

Perhaps its just me but for what it does it seems cheap!
    I'm surprised as well by all the complaining about the price. Everyone expects people to develop apps and either give them aware for free or charge basically nothing for them. Of course this is all comming from people who don't develop apps themselves.

I guess none of these folks have ever bought PC software as that is quite a bit more pricy, many times doesn't do much more than an app and usually has a reoccurring cost.

My hats off to the apps developers - dedicated to developing for an OS platform with little to no appreciation for their work.
  2. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christr View Post
    So for me, I had to manually setup the connection to my router to use this over the internet... the whole 'google' discovery thing didn't work. it found it, but woudln't connect. Really annoying.

Second, I can't seem to move windows around... maybe i'm stupid.. i'll try some more.

Third, anyone whining about price should just put a sock in it. They didn't have to do this app, they know WebOS is a dead OS (HP, regardless of their talk, will dump on this like they did the hardware it runs on, if they keep it, it'll be for crap like printers/scanners). So, they're gonna get what they can to recoup their dev investment. $10 isn't bad... I paid double that for Pocketcloud.. tho in all reality, that's worth double since pocketcloud is actually and RDP app...

--Chris
    To move windows: double-tap the title bar, but don't lift your finger after the second tap. Just double-tap-drag.
  3. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Another few notes about scrolling windows using the two-finger method:

The two-finger scroll will just scroll whichever window happens to be the active window, and not necessarily the window that is under your two fingers.

1. You have to activate the window that you want to scroll by tapping somewhere inside the window, first (if it isn't already the active window).

2. Two-finger scrolling only works if you move your fingers quickly. If you try to move the page slowly then it tries to zoom in or out, instead.

Your mileage may vary, but that's what seems to work for me.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    the screen goes smaller thing is a feature you can disable, just click the right arrow far right of your connection , click the right arrow on advanced prefs, then change resolution from "1024x768 touchpad native" to "use remote computers native settings" and you will get your desktop "as-is".
    that doesnt work too well. half the screen turns purple, the other half green, with strange artifacts. and then on touchpad the entire screen is not utilized since the resolution is a different format.
    Purchased and installed. Trying to use it on against my home PC after connecting it to gmail account. I am getting a "cannot connect to your computer" message right now when trying to connect to it over the Internet. I am not sure yet whether it is a restriction on my corporate network or home network yet. I will continue to test though as I was really looking forward to using this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    It's on sale for $2.99 (regular $20). Image attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    They might SAY "regular $19.99, but it's never been that price! Use the appshopper app in ios (or their website) and you'll see a history of the prices. I think they use "regular $20" in order to create urgency for people to buy... it's a dirty sales trick IMO.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Guess that's good info but doesn't really matter if it does what you need for a price you're willing to pay. In my case I decided it was worth it and bought. Time will tell if I was right or wrong. So I checked appshopper and you're right that seemingly it's never been $20, high of $9.99 and low of $.99 on the iPad. So maybe I bought badly and could have gotten it cheaper by waiting. But I wanted it now,
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    TouchPad+SplashTop+OnLive= Win, just need a better controller but once that's sorted Epic Win
    sorli likes this.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    anyone tried Win 8 with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by larsoncc View Post
    Can someone tell me about the browsing experience using Splashtop?

Has anyone tried a 3D game using Splashtop?

Has anyone tried to remote control (RDP) another computer, while Splashtop'ed into their computer?

I notice in the YouTube video posted, clicking seems to be a real pain. Is that "just this video" or is clicking an actual issue to worry about?
    clicking's a real pain for me on the touchpad period. It takes me several clicks to change to another song in google music for example. URLs links in websites don't always launch the first time, and don't get me started on gestures.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caihuire View Post
    Why is the app sold at $9.99 (discounted) while its iPad counterpart only $2.99?
    why does a touchpad cost 99 while its counterpart ipad cost 499?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraincs View Post
    guess you did not bother reading page 2
  12. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    How does it compare to Teamviewer apps available on other platforms?
    TeamViewer (web interface and Android app) doesn't support sound streaming, and video streaming isn't as fluid as it is with Splashtop (even on a local network).

TeamViewer handles multiple desktops better than Splashtop, though (speaking from my experience with it on my Android tablet), and the way that it handles clicking can be more accurate, depending on what you're doing (from my experience).

Did you really mean to compare it to Teamviewer or to Splashtop on other platforms?

Compared to Splashtop on my Transformer it's a little less refined (eg. two-finger scrolling is more finnicky on the TouchPad) and it doesn't handle multiple monitors as well as the Android version (which, itself doesn't do a great job of that particular task). Video and audio streaming, from what I've done so far, is just as good, PDF reading and editing works nicely, etc.
    Last edited by zc1; 09/26/2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    clicking's a real pain for me on the touchpad period. It takes me several clicks to change to another song in google music for example. URLs links in websites don't always launch the first time, and don't get me started on gestures.
    Yeah - I took the plunge and bought the app.

1. Clicking is still weaksauce. Scrolling is also a monster pain.
    2. The "bring up the keyboard button" onscreen can interfere with other onscreen controls (like the YouTube 'exit full screen' button, not like that matters, but you get the idea).
    3. Video streaming is awesome.
    4. Web browsing is INSANE fast (I have a quad core). Destroys the built in browser for Flash -- that's right, it does Flash better than Flash.
    5. It right clicks all.the.time. I need to find a way to kind of adjust this setting.

I can't wait to test this at home on Windowed 3D apps (only way to bring up keyboard?), and Windows Media Center. Works great on Netflix! Super, really!

It autoflips from landscape to portrait without screwing anything up! Looks awesome.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    So far I have used it as follows...
    connected to a sprint mifi and used the built in VPN app to connect to my work vpn. Then it autodiscovered my work pc. Works perfectly. From there i can RDC into any server on my network.

i took the TP home (connected to my home wifi) and easily connected to my home PC. Then i tried the built in VPN and connected to my work PC from home! No problems. (again i could RDC into any server on my network)

This software will make completing small work tasks from home SOOO much easier!!
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Funny - I try using my media player - (either PotPlayer or KMP) from my Touchpad using Splashtop - and I just get a black window...)

(XP sp3 on my desktop)
    been changing a ton of my apps/games to run fullscreen windowmode then removing the window borders/stretch to fit, work sa charm, cant believe i sat playing Neverwinter Nights2 Civilisation4 and a load more full speed, minimal issues if any.
    TIP:
    For those of you that are having problems with the screen resolution automatically changing to super low, ie TouchPad resolution, you need to hit the arrow on the right hand side of the PC selection screen. Then hit the Advanced Settings arrow. This is where you pick your resolution. 800*600, 1024*768, or Use remote computer's native setting, then it won't automatically reduce the resolution.

I was having problems moving windows around, but I think with a little practice it should get easier. Try a double-tap then drag almost right away, so it doesn't get confused with thinking you're trying to right-click it.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraincs View Post
    Guess I am at work and can't read 7 pages right now
    Is it made to only connect easily to pc's on your router? I know with the one for my Pre I had to set it up so my ip address / forwarding / port were correct or I couldnt connect outside my house. I plan to purchase though.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myDrpC View Post
    Did someone order the fish ? (Movie Quote)

Just kidding

How about Windows 8 Developer Preview on the Hp TouchPad:

Click to view quoted image

Simply Awesome!!!
    Instant buy then