Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    Slingbox!
    jc-Treo and patchs like this.
    Will this help me connect to my 2010 MacBook Pro with Splashtop to somehow connect my directv to my MacBook pro also? So that I can watch tv like a slimgbox player? Is that possible? Thanks!
    Well, I have only managed to connect to my PC once. Every other time the streamer application on the computer says that WebOS has connected, but then a few seconds later the client on the TP tells me it was unable to connect. Clearly the request is getting through since the server app is changing its status to connected, but the client fails.

Anybody have any clues?
  4. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    I posted this in the Splashtop support forum, but is anyone else having issues with multitasking?

If I connect to a remote pc and then leave the card to do another task, when I return to splashtop, the screen is frozen and I get all these coloured blocks... basically meaning that I have to exit the app and reconnect. This is not ideal, since I also use splashtop for work :/

Also, local discovery is VERY hit and miss...

Also....... I can't create a manual connection. The "done" key doesn't work.

Also............................ when I enter a password in the options for the PC I'm connecting to, it won't accept... same as above, the "done" key doesn't work.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Yikes. Sorry that you're having such issues with it. I just tried switching cards back and forth and it didn't cause any problems for me. Local discovery worked fine, but I haven't tried to establish a connection manually, yet. Have you tried the gmail address method for connecting?
    Quote Originally Posted by evanallan View Post
    Well, I have only managed to connect to my PC once. Every other time the streamer application on the computer says that WebOS has connected, but then a few seconds later the client on the TP tells me it was unable to connect. Clearly the request is getting through since the server app is changing its status to connected, but the client fails.

Anybody have any clues?
    If you are using RDP at all, it doesn't play nice. I installed the streamer from my RDP session and have had nothing but problems. Did a little searching their support threads and found you basically can't use Splashtop after you've initiated an RDP session, unless you use both of them at the same time but even that is buggy. You need to reboot your PC and then try again with Splashtop first..
  6. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evanallan View Post

Anybody have any clues?
    Tried restarts of both the PC and the TouchPad? (Universal MS Windows solution, lol).
  7. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeNoMiZeD View Post
    Will this help me connect to my 2010 MacBook Pro with Splashtop to somehow connect my directv to my MacBook pro also? So that I can watch tv like a slimgbox player? Is that possible? Thanks!
    That's like the classic question that patients ask to be funny when they're going off to sleep for an operation. Ptnt: "will I be able to ___ when I wake up?" Doctor: "Of course!" Ptnt: "Great, 'cause I was never able to ____ before."

If you can't connect your Directv to your macbook, now, then SplashTop won't help. It'll just give you "remote control" of your Macbook so that you can do stuff that you would normally do on your Macbook, from a distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by joegti10 View Post
    Pass on this price bloated app that doesnt have much real world function. Drop it to 99 cents and maybe ill dl it.
    Always seems to be at least one comment like this about any app costing more than $.99 and if it does cost $.99 at least one comment that says it's not worth that. It's obviously your money and you can decide how to spend it. I decided to buy it based on many positive reviews so hope it's as good as I've been reading as I really need something in the space.
    zc1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I also created(not sure if that's the right terminology) a port on my router just for splashtop and have no problems what so ever.
    zc1 likes this.
    Can someone tell me about the browsing experience using Splashtop?

Has anyone tried a 3D game using Splashtop?

Has anyone tried to remote control (RDP) another computer, while Splashtop'ed into their computer?

I notice in the YouTube video posted, clicking seems to be a real pain. Is that "just this video" or is clicking an actual issue to worry about?
    Can't connect at all. Will it allow me to connect to my home network from work? Is the IP address I am suppose to the top number of the desktop streamer or the bottom?
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    I have to admit, I just bought it, and it is the most I paid for an app. But, if it works half as good as it sounds, count me in. I have a "server" at home that sits mostly unused; if my TP could harness its power, and give me a REAL web Brower, I will be in love...
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Is there a way to try a preview/temporary demo version of Splashtop to find out if it works well enough for my purposes? I'm hesitant to spend $10 with no opportunity to try it on a complex app that may or may not do what I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    iPad app is on sale for $2.99, regular $20. Android app is $10 as well. Image attached.

Now let's move on to discussing the app (which is outstanding -- have it for iPad, Transformer and TouchPad) rather than the price.
    How does it compare to Teamviewer apps available on other platforms?
  15. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    Can't connect at all. Will it allow me to connect to my home network from work? Is the IP address I am suppose to the top number of the desktop streamer or the bottom?
    Try changing your password in the desktop/laptop server. This happened to me initially, and when I changed my password (basically just got rid of the uppercase letters in it) the TouchPad was finally able to connect. Strange, but true.
    Presmurf likes this.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Seriously, I'm quite surprised that 10 $or£ is such a big deal its not even the cost of a Blu-Ray or trip to the cinema.

Perhaps its just me but for what it does it seems cheap!
    dadueler likes this.
    So for me, I had to manually setup the connection to my router to use this over the internet... the whole 'google' discovery thing didn't work. it found it, but woudln't connect. Really annoying.

Second, I can't seem to move windows around... maybe i'm stupid.. i'll try some more.

Third, anyone whining about price should just put a sock in it. They didn't have to do this app, they know WebOS is a dead OS (HP, regardless of their talk, will dump on this like they did the hardware it runs on, if they keep it, it'll be for crap like printers/scanners). So, they're gonna get what they can to recoup their dev investment. $10 isn't bad... I paid double that for Pocketcloud.. tho in all reality, that's worth double since pocketcloud is actually and RDP app...

--Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    Try changing your password in the desktop/laptop server. This happened to me initially, and when I changed my password (basically just got rid of the uppercase letters in it) the TouchPad was finally able to connect. Strange, but true.
    Just did it and it worked. I also retyped in my google info too just for good measure.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Splashtop has a Windows Client that you can try on your system. It's free. Download here on the right side under Windows Application. Try it on another computer in your system (or outside) to see if it does what you want. The App should work pretty much the same except for the resolution. I use it all the time to connect from work to my home PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    Is there a way to try a preview/temporary demo version of Splashtop to find out if it works well enough for my purposes? I'm hesitant to spend $10 with no opportunity to try it on a complex app that may or may not do what I need.
    scout youtube, no doubt youll see more and more splashtop on touchpad type vids.