1.    #1  
    Here's what I just sent to Box.net support:

1. I want to just preview the Jpg photos stored in my box.net account - the app does not have this feature

2. I went to box.net web site using my touchpad browser - it absolutely doesn't respond to any tap or click after login

3. I want to see the comments added on some files -- the app does not show comments and doesn't even indicate which files have comments

4. The box app does not show me "updates" unlike the web site. I have to hunt through the whole folder structure myself - won't have a clue what has changed after my last visit.

These are serious shortcomings. I would never think about upgrading if basic functionality like this is missing - and has not been fixed for months now!

Thanks

Do you see any more that need the attention of the Box.net team?

How about feature requests -- if any of you have used other cloud storage services, do you see Box.net lacking in any department?

On a second thought, we should have an option to subscribe to WebOS notifications on our Box.net account or a folder there in.
    Ask for a refund? I can look a jpegs photos on my box,net app.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Ask for a refund? I can look a jpegs photos on my box,net app.
    By "preview" I meant view the thumbnail / low-resolution version of the photo without having to download the file. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $their$ $website$ $allows$ $this$ $but$ $not$ $the$ $app$.

Do you get photo previews and comments on your Box.net app on your TP?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Dropbox offers users with free accounts starting out at 2GB of free online storage space. You start out with 2GB free but there are several ways to bump that. Referring others who sign up gives you an additional 250MB per enrolee so you can use my referral link to get your 2.25GB initially--->>> https://www.dropbox.com/

Here are six ways to bump your free available storage capacity-

1. https://www.dropbox.com/ Do your initial sign-up with a referral from someone else – this will give you an extra 250 MB right off the bat.

2. https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011 – Complete DropQuest 2011 – here are some details. This is only available for another week or so, but completing it will net you a whopping 1 GB of extra storage (you earn it incrementally as you complete the steps of the quest).

3. https://www.dropbox.com/gs – Complete the “Getting Started” – log in to your dropbox account on the website and click on the “Getting Started” tab. Complete all of the tasks listed there to earn 250 MB.

4. https://www.dropbox.com/free – Complete the social media linking to Twitter and Facebook to get 640 MB.

5. https://www.dropbox.com/referrals – Refer others. For every friend that signs up for dropbox using your referral, you both get an extra 250 MB. This is the big daddy of free space boosters because you can get up to 8 GB extra space from referrals.

6. https://www.dropbox.com/edu – Be a student. If you have an EDU email account, you get double the referral bonus (500 MB per referral, up to a max of 16 GB extra space). The edu bonus is also retroactive to any referral bonuses you’ve already earned.
    The quest is over! Thanks for the rest of the info.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    The quest is over! Thanks for the rest of the info.
    yeah i told him that before. i guess he just copies and pastes the same thing over and over

as far as this topic: one huge shortcoming is the max 100mb upload limit. i prefer minus.com. max upload is 2gb. plus can get extra 1gb per referral(up to 50).
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    yeah i told him that before. i guess he just copies and pastes the same thing over and over

as far as this topic: one huge shortcoming is the max 100mb upload limit. i prefer minus.com. max upload is 2gb. plus can get extra 1gb per referral(up to 50).
    When using the desktop application there is no limit. Per their website- "All files uploaded to your Dropbox must be smaller than the size of your Dropbox account's storage quota. For example, if you have a free 2 GB account, you can upload one 2 GB file or many files that all add up to 2 GB. If you are over your storage quota, Dropbox will stop syncing until you are below your limit.":
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_e View Post
    By "preview" I meant view the thumbnail / low-resolution version of the photo without having to download the file. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $their$ $website$ $allows$ $this$ $but$ $not$ $the$ $app$.

Do you get photo previews and comments on your Box.net app on your TP?
    I want previews too.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddreg View Post
    When using the desktop application there is no limit. Per their website- "All files uploaded to your Dropbox must be smaller than the size of your Dropbox account's storage quota. For example, if you have a free 2 GB account, you can upload one 2 GB file or many files that all add up to 2 GB. If you are over your storage quota, Dropbox will stop syncing until you are below your limit.":
    i dont know much about dropbox but i know for people who registered for the 50gb free through the hp app site, they limited the uploads to 100mb. some got 1gb, but according the to company that was an error. i think all accounts, with the exception of those few, are limited to 100mb

btw do you happen to know of an app for touchpad for dropbox? (or maybe something in the works?)
    Last edited by illli; 09/29/2011 at 04:45 AM.
    i dont know much about dropbox but i know for people who registered for the 50gb free through the hp app site, they limited the uploads to 100mb. some got 1gb, but according the to company that was an error. i think all accounts, with the exception of those few, are limited to 100mb

btw do you happen to know of an app for touchpad for dropbox? (or maybe something in the works?)
    I don't think there's an official app, but the one I'm planning to check out (just got my TP yesterday) is Dropboxify in the app store.
    I use zumodrive and it had all the features you want. But its a phone app and doesn't scale. Also Motorola both them so I don't expect any updates
  12.    #12  
    There is a Box app on TouchPad that is installed by default -- that was the very topic of this thread actually
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_e View Post
    There is a Box app on TouchPad that is installed by default -- that was the very topic of this thread actually
    um. Yeah. I was asking toddreg about DROPBOX, not box.net

It had to do with when you made your BOX account, I was about two days too late and they had already changed it to the piddly 100mg upload limit. If I would have made my BOX account the day I got my TP I would have gotten the 1gb limit. BOX sucks, they wont even admit they changed the policy on this.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I am having some issues with box.net

1. How do you delete a file or folder? I just can't figure it out.
    2. How do you move files between folders?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    um. Yeah. I was asking toddreg about DROPBOX, not box.net
    No app and as far as I know no plans for one.

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
    1. I agree, this app is lame without previews. I have 90 image files in a folder and all I see is a list of the files. Impossible to know which file is which without previews or an amazing memory.

2. Box.net doesn't function properly from the TP browser, you have to use the app.

And a fresh complaint, music files don't just stream and then go away, they're saved to the TP. I would like to be able to choose to save or not save a file. I'm using Internalz for file management so I don't have to fiddle with the usb connection or be close to my laptop to manage files.