Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By expectingtofly
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a spotify-like service available in the US that has a webOS app? I dearly wish Rdio had one, but sadly it seems that they do not
    Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a spotify-like service available in the US that has a webOS app? I dearly wish Rdio had one, but sadly it seems that they do not
    Apologies for the self promotion. I've just submitted an app for review to HP called "Reciva" which is a client for the fantastic Reciva Connect Plus service.
    The app should be available in the next few days.
    It is essentially an internet radio app (the reciva database has over 20,000 stations) but it is also a 3rd party streaming service that supports all kinds of 3rd parties. My app won't support all the 3rd party streaming services RCP supports, mainly because of licensing issues. But I will try and get approval for as many as possible. On release it will certainly have "Aupeo" available.

For the kind of services it Reciva Connect Plus supports and that I may be able to get approval for. Check out the partners for Reciva Connect Plus on their website

Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Looks Great !
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hi expectingtofly,

looks fine! Will "Reciva" for webOS be available in germany?
    Quote Originally Posted by Acki2 View Post
    Hi expectingtofly,

looks fine! Will "Reciva" for webOS be available in germany?
    It will be indeed.
    The initial release is partially translated into German. Top level menus are in English, other items (e.g. Country lists, Genres) will be localized into german.
    Last edited by expectingtofly; 10/05/2011 at 05:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    It will be indeed.
    The initial release is partially translated into German. Top level menus are in English, other items (e.g. Country lists, Genres) will be localized into german.
    What a pleasant surprise, thanking you in anticipation. HP bought WebOS for printers, but in truth it was made for internet radios ...
    What a pleasant surprise, thanking you in anticipation. HP bought WebOS for printers, but in truth it was made for internet radios ...
    For your information. The Reciva app is now available in the app catalog. webOS 2.1 and above.
    For your information. The Reciva app is now available in the app catalog. webOS 2.1 and above.
    Could also try Grooveshark.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Thanks for info. Installed the Reciva app yesterday, it`s fantastic! I can now listen to stations which the other "old" webOS internet radio apps don`t offer.

No more need to switch on the computer for Reciva adjustments, I can do all with my Pre+. I canīt use Grooveshark nor Pandora here in germany (infringe music copyrights), but Aupeo works fine with your app.
    Thanks for info. Installed the Reciva app yesterday, it`s fantastic! I can now listen to stations which the other "old" webOS internet radio apps don`t offer.

No more need to switch on the computer for Reciva adjustments, I can do all with my Pre+. I canīt use Grooveshark nor Pandora here in germany (infringe music copyrights), but Aupeo works fine with your app.
    Glad you like it. And good to hear it works fine on a pre+ with webos 2.1
    I've bought Reciva for the Touchpad and would also like to use it on my at&t pre plus running 2.1 (but does not have access to the 2.1 catalog), anything I can do?

Also, two of the stations I wanted to use are listed but don't seem to work (red spinner just spins and never loads the stations)

KNBR 680AM
    KTCT 1050AM

These are wma streams..

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I've bought Reciva for the Touchpad and would also like to use it on my at&t pre plus running 2.1 (but does not have access to the 2.1 catalog), anything I can do?

Also, two of the stations I wanted to use are listed but don't seem to work (red spinner just spins and never loads the stations)

KNBR 680AM
    KTCT 1050AM

These are wma streams..

thanks!
    Someone else reported a problem with those streams. There is a problem in my app with parsing the ASX container for those particular stations. I have fixed the problem and will be releasing the update next week. In the meantime, if you wish, you can add the underlying wma stream to "My Streams" on the Reciva website (www.reciva.com). You will then be able to listen to it in the app under the "My Stuff" option. The other reportee had success with that. He stated the URLs were:

KNBR:
    mms://live.cumulusstreaming.com/knbr-AM?MSWMExt=.asf

KTCT/KNBR1050:
    mms://live.cumulusstreaming.com/ktct-AM?MSWMExt=.asf

As an aside, the update will also fix the UI glitches that occur on the touchpad. Also, it addresses the problem of choppy audio when the touchpad screen is off when not on charge.

Re: getting the app on your phone when you haven't got access to the app catalog. I can't think of a solution to that, it is a shame the app catalog works that way.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Too bad it is only for 2.1, any plans for 1.4.5?
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Don't get me wrong, Reciva looks great, but it's nothing like Spotify. Spotify lets you choose what songs you want to play when you want to play them. Reciva is an internet radio app.

Grooveshark is the only actual alternative to Spotify on webOS.
    google music beta works well for me in the browser
    I like 8tracks a lot though the app needs some updating
    there's a way to get the spotify app on the tp look in the forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Reciva looks great, but it's nothing like Spotify. Spotify lets you choose what songs you want to play when you want to play them. Reciva is an internet radio app.

Grooveshark is the only actual alternative to Spotify on webOS.
    Not entirely true (although I take your point). Reciva supports third party streaming services as well as internet radio. At the moment it includes Aupeo which lets you create playlist based on Artist, mood etc. and it discovers your own preferences and therefore creates your won personal playlists.